• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2015 - who is going from NorCal?

[MENTION=16375]Dhalsim[/MENTION] I was thinking about taking PCH down to Santa Cruz/Monterey. Then either keep going all the way to Santa Maria/166 and then 33 through Ojai. And then basically Malibu and through ACH to Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear; Or take 25 around Hollister and through Coalinga keep East and target Edwards AFB and ACH.
Depends on day of the week PCH may be great idea.

[MENTION=27958]solidol[/MENTION] We really need to get together with 1 or 2 other people who want to do a 2-day road trip and work this out. I can see how going down HWY 1 might be enticing to some but for many others perhaps they have already done that and might be interested in more back roads (away from traffic). I was hoping to get some feedback from some of the others who have posted in this thread stating they were interested. For example if no one is interested in seeing and taking pics with the jets at Edwards then there is no reason to plan a route that goes through there. I think we need to decide on several points: 1) The length of the trip - two days but how much driving on each day? 2) rest stops 3) Photo ops 3) Hotel for first night 4) what day to begin the trip? NSXPO starts on a Thursday 10/8 so do we leave on Wednesday with the intent to arrive on Thursday in time for registration or leave Tuesday and arrive in PS the day before NSXPO starts? 5) etc. etc.

@solidol We really need to get together with 1 or 2 other people who want to do a 2-day road trip and work this out. I can see how going down HWY 1 might be enticing to some but for many others perhaps they have already done that and might be interested in more back roads (away from traffic). I was hoping to get some feedback from some of the others who have posted in this thread stating they were interested. For example if no one is interested in seeing and taking pics with the jets at Edwards then there is no reason to plan a route that goes through there. I think we need to decide on several points: 1) The length of the trip - two days but how much driving on each day? 2) rest stops 3) Photo ops 3) Hotel for first night 4) what day to begin the trip? NSXPO starts on a Thursday 10/8 so do we leave on Wednesday with the intent to arrive on Thursday in time for registration or leave Tuesday and arrive in PS the day before NSXPO starts? 5) etc. etc.

Agreed. I will be trying to plan that go kart event/nsx meet soon and this may be great opportunity to discuss all these points. I'm not that excited about PCH but at least it may be cooler next to the ocean (I don't like much heat); but again I'm all for collective decision. I've been on PCH too many times and sometimes it's great when leaving in the middle of the week. Just an option at this point.

I think we should leave on Tue, do first leg, camp overnight closer to ACH/LA etc. Then second leg on Wed to arrive at the destination. I would love to go to Edwards but I think NSXPO will give us great opportunity to check out some cool stuff at Palm Springs Air Museum. So just a thought on this. I love planes and fighter jets in particular. Thinking about planning MIG shotgun flight next time in LA.

I'll tag few local folks in here - just to make more noise and see what others have to say.
@1K2GO, @B2FiNiTY, @mochanges, @quiksilver55, @whiteNSXs, @SFNSXguy

Last edited:
Lead the way Roger...up for anything
Rich Wong

Just as an update: The route for our 2-Day road trip has been completed with just a few minor details to be ironed out. Was waiting for the NSXPO registration to open up before releasing details.

Attending 2-Day "Bay to Play" Road trip
1. Dhalsim
2. Solidol
3. Mike C
4. 02+ 154

Just as an update: The route for our 2-Day road trip has been completed with just a few minor details to be ironed out. Was waiting for the NSXPO registration to open up before releasing details.

1. Dhalsim
2. Solidol
3. Mike C
4. 02+ 154

Dhalsim, you may have convinced me to drive rather than fly. Let me think this over please. I would have to caravan the mdx behind me though as we all know, there is limited space for luggage in an nsx. But it does sound like great fun. Thanks for organizing this.

Dhalsim, you may have convinced me to drive rather than fly. Let me think this over please. I would have to caravan the mdx behind me though as we all know, there is limited space for luggage in an nsx. But it does sound like great fun. Thanks for organizing this.

You are welcome and the MDX is also welcome to tag along

1. Dhalsim
2. Solidol
3. Mike C
4. 02+ 154
5. 03 raw nsx

leaving on the 6th? Where / When are we meeting?

Hey Dhalsim/guys,

I will be coming down from Canada. Im taking a mini family roadtrip, making our way to SoCal. The plan was to attend NSXPO but, just like you guys, I missed out on registration. Im not really interested in any of the events other than seeing the new NSX and the track but my car isn't set up for the track. I was thinking of setting up a side meet in SoCal somewhere for the guys who didn't make registration. There's a few that are going to NSXPO that Ive talked to who would be interested since there's no "meet n greet" planned. What you guys think?

Not exactly sure what days I'll be heading down but I will be taking the coast probably all the way from the Redwoods. :) My wife n the in-laws will be packing up the Highlander and meeting me in San Jose. Not sure if any other NSXs will join me but I will put it out in the PacNW section.

Lemme know what you guys think. Thanks.

**OH, sorry, just saw the other post where Dhalsim planned the dates. Those dates are quite a few days before NSXPO so depending on what day I leave here, I might be able to join the fun......if I may, of course. Still, let me know what you guys think of the meet idea. THanks.

Last edited:
Yes the dates for the Bay to Play caravan have been set basically allowing us 2 days to enjoy some back roads and great scenery (actually drove some of the 1st and 2nd day route yesterday on my way down to LA) and arrive in Palm Springs the night before the event begins. You and anyone else is of course welcome to join us (no NSX necessary) but we only hit the coastline at Santa Monica which is mostly because we will be enjoying traffic free (and cop free) back roads.

I think I heard about a possible meet on the Sunday after the NSXPO for people who didn't register in time. Of course SoCal has a large group of NSX owners so there could possibly be other meets going on during the NSXPO.

BTW your NSX came from the factory ready for the track..........no mods necessary. :)

Hahaha, touché. I meant my wheel/tire setup will eat up my fenders if I take it to the track. Need to trim fender liners a bit. Well, I'll put it on hold a bit and get back with you guys when I arrange all the stuff with various regions and owners. Thanks!

Yes the dates for the Bay to Play caravan have been set basically allowing us 2 days to enjoy some back roads and great scenery (actually drove some of the 1st and 2nd day route yesterday on my way down to LA) and arrive in Palm Springs the night before the event begins. You and anyone else is of course welcome to join us (no NSX necessary) but we only hit the coastline at Santa Monica which is mostly because we will be enjoying traffic free (and cop free) back roads.

I think I heard about a possible meet on the Sunday after the NSXPO for people who didn't register in time. Of course SoCal has a large group of NSX owners so there could possibly be other meets going on during the NSXPO.

BTW your NSX came from the factory ready for the track..........no mods necessary. :)

Hey Dhalsim,

Can I join you guys on the drive there? I'm not registered and most likely have no luck on the waiting list.

Steve

Hey Dhalsim,

Can I join you guys on the drive there? I'm not registered and most likely have no luck on the waiting list.

Steve

Absolutely............

allarewelcome_zpsj0oarmde.png

Hey guys,

Is this caravan going to happen? Shouldn't we meet sometime or start making reservations?

Rich

I posted in the Caravan thread already but yes its still on. As of now it seems there are only 3 for sure commitments and a couple of maybes.

I was thinking if we are a small group we may benefit in booking one of their multi bedroom suites and saving some $$$

- - - Updated - - -

I am committed and just booked at the Iguana. See yuh in Oct.

Nice to hear. Glad you are joining us.

Back