• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pix!!

some lucky bastard is going to get one hell of a NSX when they buy it

Heh heh, that would be me :biggrin: Just got it this morning, the truck couldn't get it all the way to my house b/c of tight roads and bridge weight limits. So a friend took me to where they stopped a couple of miles away to pick it up. Took it out to reprogram the fuel trims for the denser air here, wow, what a car! This is gonna be fun.

Lamchop, the last one's for you - A TOAST!

Attachments

• DSC_0219_r.jpg
    DSC_0219_r.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC_0220_r.jpg
    DSC_0220_r.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC_0221_r.jpg
    DSC_0221_r.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC_0247_r.jpg
    DSC_0247_r.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC_0225_r.jpg
    DSC_0225_r.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC_0228_r.jpg
    DSC_0228_r.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC_0229_r.jpg
    DSC_0229_r.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC_0233_r.jpg
    DSC_0233_r.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC_0237_r.jpg
    DSC_0237_r.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC_0239_r.jpg
    DSC_0239_r.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC_0242_r.jpg
    DSC_0242_r.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC_0248_r.jpg
    DSC_0248_r.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC_0262.jpg
    DSC_0262.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0264.jpg
    DSC_0264.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Congrats!!!! Bet you haven't stopped grin'n:biggrin:

Nice car. Is that a Pa tag? Where abouts?

Very clean. Let's get those ivory tusks switched to black though in the interior.:biggrin:

Congrats! Also noticed a GPW S2000 in the garage. Nice combo!

Thanks! It's a 2003, got it in '08 when I had to let go of my '90 Prelude SI. At 18 years and 220K miles, it wasn't worth the cost of the repairs it had coming up, and aw shucks, I had to give it up for the S2K. Twist my arm. It's been an awesome DD and will remain so.

Nice car. Is that a Pa tag? Where abouts?

Yeah, it's PA. I live in Chadds Ford, southeastern-most part of PA, about 10 minutes north of Wilmington, DE.

No way. Black/Ivory is a great combo. Just tint the windows.

Agreed, I like the Ivory. But, mmmm, I'm not so sure about the tint either. I'm with Honcho on this one, I want to keep it as stock-looking as possible, within reason. His mods were exactly the kinds of things I would want, whether I did them myself, or got them made to order (thank you very much!)

Agreed, I like the Ivory. But, mmmm, I'm not so sure about the tint either. I'm with Honcho on this one, I want to keep it as stock-looking as possible, within reason. His mods were exactly the kinds of things I would want, whether I did them myself, or got them made to order (thank you very much!)

I'm confused. Who else didn't want tint? The previous owner? Or did another poster delete their post?

Either way, go with what you like. But I do like the black/ivory combination - congrats again!

The car came with dark tint when i bought it- I hated it and removed it completely. I think it looks better without tint.

Cheers Jazzmann! What a beauty!

Very nice - great looking NSX - congrats on your purchase. Also had a S2000 and loved it - sold it (along with my 91 NSX) when I bought the 01 NSX - wish I would have kept it!! Enjoy! Jay

The car came with dark tint when i bought it- I hated it and removed it completely. I think it looks better without tint.

Got it…thanks. Thought I was reading the forum in an alternate reality. ;)

I'm confused. Who else didn't want tint? The previous owner? Or did another poster delete their post?

Sorry, I kinda let two thoughts run together there. "Not sure about the tint" = I'm not really a big fan. But also, "I'm with Honcho on this one" = like him I prefer a more stock look and that includes the glass. (and as he said above, he didn't want the tint either.)

Got it…thanks. Thought I was reading the forum in an alternate reality. ;)

You were. My alternate reality. Sometimes (well, often) my mind gets ahead of my typing and I can run some thoughts together that, well sometimes you might as well be reading Klingon.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It still hasn't quite sunk in that this dream I've had in the back of my mind for the last 24 years is now a reality. But needless to say, I'm IN LOVE. I'm sure you know exactly how that feels. It was a gorgeous day here so I took the afternoon off to run some errands (mmm hmmm, sure). No really, I had to, among other things, sign some insurance papers and set up an appointment for a state inspection (which somehow seemed would be better made in person than over the phone :wink:), but I took routes that were out of the way enough that 3 stops took the whole afternoon :biggrin:.

Congrats! Post some videos of the exhaust, please! :)

I'll try to do that, but I don't know if the mic on my camcorder will do the exhaust justice. It seems overly sensitive and makes things sound distorted at times. I'll mess around with it and see what I can get. The best sounds are from inside the car. When that thing gets wound up and the pipes start singing, it's just amazing. I think it's the kind of thing that's best experienced live, but I'll see if I can get a decent recording.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It still hasn't quite sunk in that this dream I've had in the back of my mind for the last 24 years is now a reality. But needless to say, I'm IN LOVE. I'm sure you know exactly how that feels. It was a gorgeous day here so I took the afternoon off to run some errands (mmm hmmm, sure). No really, I had to, among other things, sign some insurance papers and set up an appointment for a state inspection (which somehow seemed would be better made in person than over the phone :wink:), but I took routes that were out of the way enough that 3 stops took the whole afternoon :biggrin:.

I'll try to do that, but I don't know if the mic on my camcorder will do the exhaust justice. It seems overly sensitive and makes things sound distorted at times. I'll mess around with it and see what I can get. The best sounds are from inside the car. When that thing gets wound up and the pipes start singing, it's just amazing. I think it's the kind of thing that's best experienced live, but I'll see if I can get a decent recording.

Especially the downshifting. Downshifting that Fujitsubo is the best sound I have ever heard from a NSX. :) You're right- the camera mic just won't do it justice. I researched exhausts for 3 years before settling on that one...

Especially the downshifting. Downshifting that Fujitsubo is the best sound I have ever heard from a NSX. :) You're right- the camera mic just won't do it justice. I researched exhausts for 3 years before settling on that one...

Fujitsubo should pay Honcho for his salesmanship. That exhaust is the only mod I would consider for my stock NSX, all from Honcho's posts. I've never even heard it in person!!! :)

Sorry, I kinda let two thoughts run together there. "Not sure about the tint" = I'm not really a big fan. But also, "I'm with Honcho on this one" = like him I prefer a more stock look and that includes the glass. (and as he said above, he didn't want the tint either.)

You were. My alternate reality. Sometimes (well, often) my mind gets ahead of my typing and I can run some thoughts together that, well sometimes you might as well be reading Klingon.

haha…no worries at all - I do the same as well. For reference, I have an ivory interior as well but with a red exterior. It's a little tougher to keep clean but the color contrast is very complimentary. I had to order custom floor mats and carpet so that I didn't wear the OE ivory versions.

We should start an ivory interior support group and discuss ways to keep it clean. ;)

The car looks great. Watch those rear tires in the rain though!

Agree- Will, do NOT drive it in any sort of wet with those rears. Far too many new NSX owners have wrecked their cars after just a few days because of the dreaded snap oversteer.

Back