• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTF is up with cops nowadays.

The media loves to focus on rarity making it seem like there's a problem when none exists, but it's particularly sinister when done to divert attention from real problems that do require scrutiny. Agenda driven journalism is not journalism.

The media loves to focus on rarity making it seem like there's a problem when none exists, but it's particularly sinister when done to divert attention from real problems that do require scrutiny. Agenda driven journalism is not journalism.

And this is something that has likely always been going on. But with the instant awareness that all this "connectivity" has manifested, it becomes harder to conceal. I wonder how long "the media" will continue to assume that the wool is still pulled over people's eyes...

I definitely disagree with this.
Here's what I suggest. Go to the appstore for your phone. Search for 'liveleak'.
Install it, and open it once a day.
The media picks up maybe 1% of police beatings/killings that are caught on video.
And usually it takes the media months when they finally do pick up a case.
I couldn't believe it when they picked up the Eric Garner case(guy in NY who cops put in choke hold and refused to give CPR to).
I thought for sure they wouldn't cover it.
The cops killed him over the summer, and I think it was almost Christmas time before the news picked up on it.
Even when they did cover it, they didn't show the full video of the cops standing around for 10 minutes not helping him. The media censored it(at first) to make the cops look better. A lot of people called CNN, etc out for the censorship which is probably the only reason they eventually showed more of the video.

I definitely disagree with this.
Here's what I suggest. Go to the appstore for your phone. Search for 'liveleak'.
Install it, and open it once a day.
The media picks up maybe 1% of police beatings/killings that are caught on video.
And usually it takes the media months when they finally do pick up a case.
I couldn't believe it when they picked up the Eric Garner case(guy in NY who cops put in choke hold and refused to give CPR to).
I thought for sure they wouldn't cover it.
The cops killed him over the summer, and I think it was almost Christmas time before the news picked up on it.
Even when they did cover it, they didn't show the full video of the cops standing around for 10 minutes not helping him. The media censored it(at first) to make the cops look better. A lot of people called CNN, etc out for the censorship which is probably the only reason they eventually showed more of the video.

I already cited there are 400 or so cop killings per year, more than one per day. Don't want to read about each one. Do you consider that a lot, it's amazingly few? Statistically it's rare compare to number of arrests/confrontations. But people are let to believe, like you, that they're out hunting people. A proper perspective is never offered. Also I advocate video tracking of all police activities for everyone's protection, including the cops.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess you are white, suburban and likely LEO.

Last edited:
I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess you are white, suburban and likely LEO.

I am white but I'm an immigrant, Colombian, and not LEO, just logical. It's human nature for two people to see the same info and have two different takes on it. 400 people killed by cops per year, one person views it as cops running wild and another as LEO's being incredibly restrained in light of well over 20 million arrests. Question is what would a neutral statistician say about the situation. I've had my run-in with authorities in my life but I also recognize what they contribute to society. It's not glamorous to praise police these days but I remember my dad's furniture store alarm going off at 3am when I was a kid watching a police officer enter the basement in total darkness with his revolver drawn looking for a robber. That takes balls. I also know a guy that's a Sargent that tells me about the crappy stuff he comes across as a cop like child molestations that haunt him at night. They never get credit for dealing with unthinkable ugliness. No, it's fashionable to pinpoint one bad officer out of millions and organize a campaign against all of them for the sake of an agenda.

Last edited:
ok...soomeone explain this one! WOW!

Suicidal/homocidal Phsychopath felon roaming streets with shotgun??? Wtf took so long???!

Should they have just waited for some innocent people to get caught up in this guys path???

There.

Suicidal/homocidal Phsychopath felon roaming streets with shotgun??? Wtf took so long???!

Should they have just waited for some innocent people to get caught up in this guys path???

There.

x2. They should have done that with the original cruiser following him. He was also headed near a business office as well if I remember right.

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this video. Especially when his limp body does summer salts before landing lifeless on a residential street. Still think cops are aggressive? Wait till a nut bar roams your neighborhood.

Encore presentation video please.:biggrin: I'd never want a nut bar running loose in my hood with a pump action.

I am white but I'm an immigrant, Colombian, and not LEO, just logical. It's human nature for two people to see the same info and have two different takes on it. 400 people killed by cops per year, one person views it as cops running wild and another as LEO's being incredibly restrained in light of well over 20 million arrests. Question is what would a neutral statistician say about the situation. I've had my run-in with authorities in my life but I also recognize what they contribute to society. It's not glamorous to praise police these days but I remember my dad's furniture store alarm going off at 3am when I was a kid watching a police officer enter the basement in total darkness with his revolver drawn looking for a robber. That takes balls. I also know a guy that's a Sargent that tells me about the crappy stuff he comes across as a cop like child molestations that haunt him at night. They never get credit for dealing with unthinkable ugliness. No, it's fashionable to pinpoint one bad officer out of millions and organize a campaign against all of them for the sake of an agenda.

Amen. Apparently some posters on this thread don't know statistics, and are also quick to judge before understanding the circumstances.

I hope those folks never have to depend on the law enforcement to protect them or their families :rolleyes:

99% of the time I love to see cops because I feel like they are keeping my surrounding civilized. The 1% is probably when I see them in my NSX and hoping they won't smell my straight pipe.

I think the reason why most hate cops is because they encounter police either after getting pulled over, at a DUI check point, filing a police report after they get robbed, or at a fundraiser for the police department. I guess it is a price we have to pay for the police to keep the street free of crimes. Most people don’t get kidnap or something where they would want to seek help from the police.

The image of police now is hostile to regular people who do not commit crimes. We are supposed to love police and appreciate them but instead we feel uncomfortable when the police is around and scared of them. I know that when I see a police, I will drive more cautiously just so that I don’t nonchalantly break any laws, for example: changing lanes without signaling even though there are no cars on the street for me to notify. Sometimes, just makes me more tense even though I don’t have anything to hide nor doing anything unlawful. And these over blown policeman unethical killing cases are not helping their image.

In Hong Kong, I don’t feel as such when I see the police. I feel that the police are there to help me than to meet their monthly quota trying to find a reason to issue me a ticket (to be fair, Hong Kong police don’t have quotas to meet).

Example, when the police see that there are too many illegal parking on the street, instead of issuing and towing the cars, they will notify all the restaurants on that street to tell their customers to move their cars. I didn’t believe it until I experienced it.

would mandatory body cams change this any thoughts I would like to hear them

its almost like you will not fart or pick your nose when there is a known camera pointing at you ya know

- - - Updated - - -

I think all cops are prob marksmen they have to put in so many hours a week at the gun range they could hit a leg if they wanted to. "center of mass" is just a shooting term

this couldn't be more off. I hear the shoot them in the leg answer all the time. contrary to popular belief a lot of cops are not marksmen. yes they have to put in time at the gun range but there are shitty shot cops out there. my father is a cop and he told me it burns him up all the time when people say "just shoot them in the leg. when youre in a situation where you have to pull your weapon to use it more than likely its about to be a life or death moment. you don't have time to aim for a leg you may or may not hit. center mass in not just a shooting term. you have a much higher percentage of hitting someone in the chest rather than a leg. depending on the person a bullet to the leg wont stop them anyway with adrenaline pumping.

this couldn't be more off. I hear the shoot them in the leg answer all the time. contrary to popular belief a lot of cops are not marksmen. yes they have to put in time at the gun range but there are shitty shot cops out there. my father is a cop and he told me it burns him up all the time when people say "just shoot them in the leg. when youre in a situation where you have to pull your weapon to use it more than likely its about to be a life or death moment. you don't have time to aim for a leg you may or may not hit. center mass in not just a shooting term. you have a much higher percentage of hitting someone in the chest rather than a leg. depending on the person a bullet to the leg wont stop them anyway with adrenaline pumping.

Great statement. Most of my closest friends are cops. Few are actually marksmen. They "qualify" a few times a year at the range. Another note, when ones adrenaline is at 100 percent in a life/death decision, he does not have time to stop and decide, "hey maybe I'll pop that knee cap". It does'nt work like that. Center mass. Thats how you stop a man with a gun.

If you had a situation where most new hires for ambulance drivers were previous race car drivers you'd see an increase in ambulance crashes at high speeds. When you have a situation where most new hires in the police department are combat veterans you're gonna have a lot more violence and shootings. So just imagine what goes on in a combat zone without camera phones around?
Almost every new officer I've met has a military background.

I will say this based on outside observation and being raised under slightly different factors from age 12-18.
You can't expect a square/90degrees corners to understand a circle/360 degrees seeing full picture, instead of not knowing whats around the corner.

I feel some of these cops experience with those outside of what they are familiar with, need extensive training in those neighbor hoods as rookies before given a gun and fearing what they don't understand. They need to learn "that" communication and create relationships with those communities to the point their called upon instead of feared, from both sides, officer and civilian. I have a few friends that have not been around many outside of their race and others/minorities that have no choice but to be familiar with those outside of their race without choice. Government needs to take more responsibility than just putting cameras on cops and build relationships with communities.

Also I will say this, none of what we view is new, it's just what the media decides to put attention on......Christmas rolls around and everyone is happy again spending money they don't have and then they educate those who are only concerned with self not to know what's occurring around them with the "shock factor" news topics.

I'm happy to see that our mutual interest/NSX brings us closer as brethren to help understand & correct what's FkdUp around us. Stay positive and be the difference. Change has already came, some just failed to adapt.

And note, I've been stopped while complying to all laws and given an unjustifiable reason for being stopped. At the time I was LE, and typically got asked, "why didn't you say you were LE?" My response was, why did you stop me. I'm sure to start voice record every time I'm stopped now.

Last edited:
Here's my advice to those that might be interested in learning what a police officer deals with, try a "ride along" with a local department. A larger Metropolitan one preferably, so you can experience a broad spectrum of calls. These citizen "ride along" may open your eyes a little, plus you hopefully meet a true/concerned professional officer.

"Better to be judged by 12, then carried by six".

Good idea. And when they ask if you don't mind wearing a bulletproof vest, maybe that'll open your eyes.:wink:
Here's my advice to those that might be interested in learning what a police officer deals with, try a "ride along" with a local department. A larger Metropolitan one preferably, so you can experience a broad spectrum of calls. These citizen "ride along" may open your eyes a little, plus you hopefully meet a true/concerned professional officer.

I'll tell you what's up with cops.. felonious killings of officers on the job up 89 percent from 2013 - 2014. It would be tragic if cops start pulling back in the inner cities because they fear for their safety which would result in an overall higher homicide rate for the population at large. Also stop and frisk was abandoned 'genius' mayor of NYC and the murder rate is already up 10%.

I have plenty of friends and family who work in law enforcement. I've done many ride alongs and can say without a doubt... I'd never do that job in a million years. Seems like 90% of the time people want to challenge LEO's and 100% of those who do are usually fools. Just standing on the side of the highway during a traffic stop with cars whizzing by is enough to cause concern.

Yes, cops have hard jobs and deal with a wide spectrum of people, in "big" cities like L.A. etc. ,but that's no justification at any time to let fear or emotion override lawful decisions. They get paid to play that position in society, and if the money is not good enough or they are not willing to uphold the law, then @ssholes like the officer in SC should not be in position and prosecuted as others that break those same laws but on worse degree for willingly in position abusing authority.

Unfortunately, there isn't very good data officer killings of black citizens. However, I would hedge to bet that it's far 'better' than it was in the past, and probably getting better. What we have, is more visible, and hopefully better, reporting and data gathering.

Consider that slavery was 'abolished' *less than* 200 years ago, a black male was labeled 'separate but equal' but 100 years ago, and real voting rights to african americans didn't come to play until the 1960s. 14 year olds was accused, tried, and executed for the charge of raping a white woman about 10 years ago. This happened all the time

If these things were allowed, violence against blacks by police officers was surely greater, and under reported. But I'd bet it got better, and still much to go.

Back