• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTF is up with cops nowadays.

This is why I am running a ctsc with Oem cats and carb legal exhaust. No problems, perfectly legal, no need to worry. The general consensus is that people who dislike cops usually break the law on the regular. Its a very easy formula. Police have a license to kill and I don't recommend testing that by running or being combative. But still, it's f'ed up the situation these days with media exposing every single case.

But still, it's f'ed up the situation these days with media exposing every single case.

Wait a minute. You think the media is Fd up for reporting on when cops kill an unarmed fleeing man? So you think the media shut just STFU about this and not report it? Why?

Wait a minute. You think the media is Fd up for reporting on when cops kill an unarmed fleeing man? So you think the media shut just STFU about this and not report it? Why?
Nope, incorrect. What I am bringing to topic is, this is the hot seat situation right now. Come a year from now, we will not even raise a brow. If you see my posts, I am neutral on the topic and this perticular case is really f'ed up. Basically, this cop is screwed. However I am just stating to not take this one case or ones prior to this to base your opinions on police officers and their duties. That was all. Best to calm down before making irrational decisions. But I do agree with many here, this video lit a fire under my ass and the police officer is totally wrong. But all police officers in general should not be held accountable. Lastly, you and I live in a very diverse region and you and I both know, that crap would not fly here in California.

just comply like 99.9% of normal people do and you won't get shot...

I'm not sure if the assumption being made here is that all police officers can be assumed to be upright and professional. But one thing is for sure: compliance in lieu of being shot is essentially tyranny.

Between unethical militarized cops and the NSA, this country seems dead. Freedom... yeah right.

The media must be careful. Sorry to push the boundaries but what needs to be understood about the Missouri shooting is that it was nothing more than a local news story that got picked up nationally because it happened during an election season. If you don't believe it as yourself if hands up don't shoot really happened. If you think so you're a pawn. Numerous investigations including federal proved that allegation was a lie, it never happened. Now the town is ruined and real estate values are down 30% and at least two cops are dead because of it.

Last edited:
what gets national news play and what doesn't is a huge issue.There are atrocities happening everyday is towns large and small,police are killed and maimed in the line of duty everyday..thugs kill each other and the innocent everyday...

Lastly, you and I live in a very diverse region and you and I both know, that crap would not fly here in California.
Just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it doesn't occur here in the bay area.

I don't drive my car on the street very often for a variety of reasons, one of which is the unwanted attention it gets from cops. I am happy to report that I have never been written up for speeding in my NSX, but I have been pulled over many times just to see what's what. A couple years ago I was sitting in rush-hour bumper-to-bumper traffic on I580 when I notice a CHP maneuvering behind me. Next thing you know I'm being pulled over for doing absolutely nothing in rush hour bumper-to-bumper traffic.

When the CHP officer approached me, he had his hand resting on his unstrapped Glock 9mm. He read my plate wrong and 'assumed' my car was stolen. After that was properly sorted out, he said to me quite candidly that he was disappointed that I was a white middle aged male and was hoping I was a (fill in the blank) and was going to make a run for it. He was truly disappointed... WTF?

I've read a lot of posts from people saying that you'll be fine as long as you comply and follow the cop's direction to the letter. This is my experience as well, but I am a white skinned middle aged male and have been issued many warnings that could have easily been citations or worse. The sad fact is that if you are a dark skinned male in this country, anywhere in this country, you are going to be scrutinized, judged and treated with a different standard.

I'm not sure if the assumption being made here is that all police officers can be assumed to be upright and professional. But one thing is for sure: compliance in lieu of being shot is essentially tyranny.
:confused:

Basically what is being said here is don't fight or argue with the cops, argue with the judge...it will greatly enhance your chances of not being beat, tazed or shot...complying with an officer is not tyranny, it's common sense.

Like I said , there is no excuse for what that cop did and he should go away for murder. But had the dude just complied and stayed in his car, he would be alive today....

Last edited:
:confused:

Basically what is being said here is don't fight or argue with the cops, argue with the judge...it will greatly enhance your chances of not being beat, tazed or shot...complying with an officer is not tyranny, it's common sense.

Like I said , there is no excuse for what that cop did and he should go away for murder. But had the dude just complied and stayed in his car, he would be alive today....
The issue here is the cop shouldn't have shot the guy in the back 8 times when he ran away and was not acting threatening towards the cop.

The issue here is the cop shouldn't have shot the guy in the back 8 times when he ran away and was not acting threatening towards the cop.

Of course not, I don't think any here is saying otherwise .... The other point being made here, is just obey the law, comply with police when you get pulled over and you prolly won't get shot in the back....that's all....

NO ONE on here is saying the dude deserved that, just that it could have been avoided....

That video will likely {and should} be used for future training purposes. It's the "what not to do" video.

Being around law and police officer defense talk everyday in my dinner/ work day chats we have concluded this cop is royally screwed. You can even see the taser wires still stuck in the guys body when he runs away. Very disturbing video and amount of force the cop uses. But this day in age reminds me of the Rodney king era of the 90's. It's happened, it will continue to happen, there is no training or government program to keep racist people from possessing weapons or jobs that justify using brute force. The best we can hope for is that this charge sticks and brings forth other charges in the future.

Bemm. But this day in age reminds me of the Rodney king era of the 90's. It's happened, it will continue to happen, there is no training or government program to keep racist people from possessing weapons or jobs that justify using brute force. .

Agreed. It will continue to happen.

Agreed. It will continue to happen.
Whew, thank God you agreed. I was afraid you were going to tase me. :cool:
I kid I kid.

That video will likely {and should} be used for future training purposes. It's the "what not to do" video.

Another cop in Oklahoma is being charge for manslaughter for shooting an unarmed suspect while on the ground being held by another cop. He said he meant to taser the suspect but instead shot him. Why would you even taser a man that's already down and the cop on top of him. Anyways after being shot the cops continued to handcuff him while he was complaining that he had a hard time breathing. He later died of his gunshot wound. The video was very disturbing.

Last edited:
Another cop in Oklahoma is being charge for manslaughter for shooting an unarmed suspect while on the ground being held by another cop. He said he meant to taser the suspect but instead shot him. Why would you even taser a man that's already down and the cop on top of him. Anyways after being shot the cops continued to handcuff him while he was complaining that he had a hard time breathing. He later died of his gunshot wound. The video was very disturbing.

Exact same thing happened here in the Bay Area at a BART (subway) station. The suspect was face down on the ground, not resisting with one cop on his back and handcuffed. The other cop pulled his gun and shot the suspect in the back. And of course it was on video. Cop said the same thing. he thoguht he was reaching for his taser. Buy why the F are you trying to tase the handcuffed, unresisting "black" man??

I really like how people here are sharing their opinions in a somewhat respectful manner to others. It is something you rarely see on the Internet. Always good to talk amongst good peeps who can share matters at hand in a civilized manner. Thanks. I thought for sure this post would have been pulled by now. The nsx owner truly is the smart man on campus.

What do you guys think about Chris Rock taking a selfie every time he gets pulled over by a cop.
I think he's been pulled over something like 3 times in the last 7 months.

21134e1b95f0eb10e9100ee7779d597d.jpg

What do you guys think about Chris Rock taking a selfie every time he gets pulled over by a cop.
I think he's been pulled over something like 3 times in the last 7 months.

21134e1b95f0eb10e9100ee7779d597d.jpg

i think it's a great idea, especially if he keeps both hands on the wheel.

Back