• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

the NSX's deadly rivals

Having owned the older generation R8 v10 with the 6MT transmission, it's hard to lust for the new one with the paddles. This is one of the hardest things to overcome for us.

We have driven the new Huracan and R8 back to back and both cars have the best exhaust notes on this side of $200k cars :)

I think given the choice between the R8 and new NSX - it all comes down how the owner wants to use the car. There is no right or wrong answer here as both cars are great cars for what they are designed for. There are so many variables to comparing cars from track performance, to daily usability and also reliability.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I went with the Huracan. Just makes my heart race, just looking at it, even after a year of ownership. I don't think anything can touch it in the looks department, except of course the Aventador. My McLaren was so bad, I was just happy to get rid of it. I gave up on the NSX after all the delay (waiting 6 months for my Huracan order was hard enough). And the only other real alternative was a 458, but it was dated. Those thinking of R8, don't really cross-shop Audi and Lamborghini, unless you have to justify the price. But even with all the commonalities, the R8 just wasn't in the same league, styling, emotionally, etc. Lamborghini is more of a "lifestyle", if that doesn't sound too elitist.

We have to agree the best "all around" sports car is the Huracan. The only two things on our wish list:

a) Had real lambo doors
b) 6-speed transmission

But....even in it's current configuration it's probably the BEST choice in a modern sports car. We drove the 610-4 and 580-2 back to back and leaning towards picking up the 580 just for the rawness factor. The motor is a perfect sound, the interior is surprisingly modern compared to the 80/90's Lambo's and even has a neat cupholder option.

What color do you have? We have built quite a few steering wheels for the Huracan crowd and love the car!

The video is about Porsche 911 Turbo S and 959. God, what an ugly car, back then and now even more...

correct, it's not about the NSX, Hothonda put it up as a competitor to the NSX.

- - - Updated - - -

haven't heard much about the new Turbo S, all the hoopla these days is always centered around the GT3. personally i prefer the Turbo, it's much more entertaining for me. the GT3 feels very underpowered when driven directly against the rest (R8, Huracan, 570S, etc.)...

Yeah the GT3 doesn't have the punch that the Huracan or the Turbo S have but it is waayyy cheaper. I like it better than the Turbo S because it's stiffer, lighter, and sounds better. Better depreciation is a plus too. Hopefully picking up a 991.2 in a year or so, but failing that I'd be totally happy with the 991.1 GT3.

Back