• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who here uses a leaf blower to dry their car?

Just kinda curious....

Good idea for the water spots but aren't you just blowing more dust onto your car?

thanks,
-x-

Is that your black nsx? It has some sweet rims on it, what are they? My opinion to your ? is that I found that the Cal. water blade works the best on my red nsx. Then I go back and get the rest with a terry cloth towel. Leaf blower would only work well inside a garage.

before you wash the car, you can use the blower to blow off the area first. In addition, by the time you're done washing the area around the car are mostly rinsed clean.

I used the blower to dry the car after washing, it gets the water out of the small cracks and nooks that towels can't get to. Also, it minimized the amount of contact required with towel.

SilverOne said:
before you wash the car, you can use the blower to blow off the area first. In addition, by the time you're done washing the area around the car are mostly rinsed clean.

I used the blower to dry the car after washing, it gets the water out of the small cracks and nooks that towels can't get to. Also, it minimized the amount of contact required with towel.

From Zaino's website.. he obviously just completely dries the car off with it...

I don't know.. just seems weird considering yer just blowing dust onto the car..

-x-

ceeya32 said:
Is that your black nsx? It has some sweet rims on it, what are they? My opinion to your ? is that I found that the Cal. water blade works the best on my red nsx. Then I go back and get the rest with a terry cloth towel. Leaf blower would only work well inside a garage.

Nawh.. the rims are off a local guy's car whose sn is 1Titensx..

-x-

Black NSX

I use compressed air from a cheap a/c, does get water out from the cracks, and good on the rims. Can detail easily IMO before drying.

I use the blower - as Silver One suggests, the area around the car is pretty wet after washing so there's no dust to blow up - you cant really suck much dust from the air through the intake so the only potential would be blowing it up from the ground (again not going to happen because its wet - obviously avoid blasting it on the ground next to the car anyway!)
It works really well on a car with good polish finish (Zaino in my case) but on my sedan which doesn't get quite the same TLC, it doesn't really blow off the same.
It makes it a very simple task to dry off the remaining light mist with a single towel - I especially like this in the summer because you can get the majority of the water off quick to avoid getting water spots from drying in the hot sun.

I tried the leaf blower and I think it works great. The ground is wet so there is no dust kicking up. Drying time is much faster. You just look a little funny when the nieghbors drive bye.

ok ok.. so i'm convinced.. not to sound anal.. but.. how fast? of a leaf blower did you get?Ebay

I mean.. it's 16 bux.. am I gonna get what I pay for and it just feel like a small gust in the wind? :p

Forgive the minor dumbess but I just wanna make sure... that's all..

thanks a bunch,
-x-

Go buy a Toro you get a 215mph Blower I use it all the time...It works great even when your car sits for a few days it blows the dust right off then all I do is dust it off and use a Quick Detailer.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

I have a Sears wet/dry vac which converts into a blower that I enjoy using...... It has a 6.25 hp motor and works great. A cone type blower nozzle directs the wind and it is about 2 feet long so it isn't too awkward to use over (and around) the car.

The neighbors do look (as they drive by) while I blow my cars off but they also admire how well I take care of my cars :)

I have a small handheld blower. It is metal and probably 15-20 years old, but it is not bulky like many lawn blowers (only about 20 inches long), so I can get into the crevices easily. It also has a conical rubber boot on the end, so no worry about scratching the finish.

FramerJohn said:
I tried the leaf blower and I think it works great. The ground is wet so there is no dust kicking up. Drying time is much faster. You just look a little funny when the nieghbors drive bye.
I was thinking the same thing. I have never heard of anybody using a blower to dry the car by. I might just have to give it a try myself.

I use the TORO Super Blower! Blows everything away including my neighbor's dog! hehehe - :D

:D

The Blower does great wonders for me. Try it!!

Last edited:
Back