• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Down Force intake Scoop.. Wow!

Just got my DOWN FORCE air intake today. Very easy to install fit perfect, the reward is AMAZING, I love it! The quality is very good. Come with every thing you need to install, a bolt on unit! THIS IS A TOP TEN MODS in my book. At $100+shipping you just can't go wrong :)
Thanks DownForce.

Those of you who are interested:
email Peter@
[email protected]

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 3,474
  • scoop1.jpg
    scoop1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3,374
Last edited:
Re: Down Force intake SCOOP..WOW!!

can't wait to get mine! ;)

NSXchnk said:
can't wait to get mine! ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------
You will love it...Once installed I feel the car a bit faster.

I need to check my mail!!!

Zero'C, awesome mod'! I'm waiting to get mine in any day in the mail, too... :cool:

What air-filter are you using, OEM or aftermarket (K&N/uni'/etc)? Stock air-box?

Re: I need to check my mail!!!

Ohhhh...do I need to change the filter when using this product?

Osiris_x11 said:
Zero'C, awesome mod'! I'm waiting to get mine in any day in the mail, too... :cool:

What air-filter are you using, OEM or aftermarket (K&N/uni'/etc)? Stock air-box?

dyno shows gain w/ uni-filter & intake-scoop...

vtec888 said:
Ohhhh...do I need to change the filter when using this product?

Well, you may not to be honest. The OEM air-filter actually maybe more efficient than some after-market filters (ie. K&N) but doesn't give the somewhat melodic roar that K&N does when you blip the throttle or go into WOT.

However, the Cantrell AIS scoop (essentially identical to the DF intake-scoop, except being constructed in CG or CF) showed some gain in rwhp & torque on the dyno when used w/ the uni-filter (offered for sale by SOS, along w/ the CAIS), here's the thread...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49172&highlight=cantrell+intake+dyno

Re: I need to check my mail!!!

Osiris_x11 said:

====================================================
I'm using K&N filter with stock box. Of all the intake box I brought in the pass from Comptech to ARC, ext. The DOWNFROCE one works best . I can really tell the different in performance , most of all its the price is right!...hehe!!
-Aaron
what next?

Last edited:

Zero-Cool said:
Just got my DOWN FORCE air intake today. Very easy to install fit perfect, the reward is AMAZING, I love it! The quality is very good. Come with every thing you need to install, a bolt on unit! THIS IS A TOP TEN MODS in my book. At $100+shipping you just can't go wrong :)
Thanks DownForce.

Wow! that looks like it is very well made. That is a steal at $100. $17 per hp gain is impossible to beat.

I paid $300 for my, and I thought that was a great deal, considering the sound and performance gain.

how the unit work!

credit pics GT-ROM....

Attachments

• scoop2.jpg
    scoop2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 3,605
Last edited:

So this basically a copy of the Cantrell intake for 1/3 the cost, is that right?

Do you (Zero-Cool) have any affiliation with downforce.biz? The number of superlatives in your "review" seems rather over the top for this type of part... :confused:

xsn said:
So this basically a copy of the Cantrell intake for 1/3 the cost, is that right?

Do you (Zero-Cool) have any affiliation with downforce.biz? The number of superlatives in your "review" seems rather over the top for this type of part... :confused:
---------------------------------------------------------------
NO!!! I just love this damn part so MUCH and want all to know! Cantrell , copy this part from other...but please don't go there..(about coping parts)
Just look at the whole line of Cantrell product. Between Dali and them you can almost see the whole book HyperREV # 48 there....

Here a few for you..
-WW style sideskirts is copy of Back Yard Specail sideskirts
-Procar R-wing and hood is a copy of JDM NSX-R
-Cantrell air in take scoop is A COPY of TAITEC scoop. ha!
-GruppeM kit was copy by Erebuni and Daliracing
-Vinny's SS is a copy of Marga Hill SS
of couse the list go on and on........need I to say more!

Here is the list of my mods that I'm CARZY about!!!
1. stacy sideskirts
2.stacy cluster rings
3.My tubi exhaust
4. Downforce scoop
in order in which I love best. If you were to ask me how I feel about any of those parts I will go over the top on it..So please!

Last edited:

xsn said:
your "review" seems rather over the top for this type of part... :confused:
-----------------------------------------------------------
I will make a BET with you on this one. You try it on you car and if you don't like it. I will buy it back from you and buy you dinner...
-I do not know DF....just a good Vendor with great price-

Last edited:

Zero-Cool said:
I will make a BET with you on this one. You try it on you car and if you don't like it. I will buy it back from you and buy you dinner...
I do not know DF....just a good Vendor with great price.

I would say the same. This air scoop makes worlds of difference especially if you still have oem exhaust. No nsx owner should be without one.

Hi

After not doing any mods on my car since I bought it I think I have the mod bug now. HID's on the way end of month and now maybe this. :biggrin:

Some questions:

How easy/hard is it to mount this intake? Any pictures?

I have a K&N filter in a OEM box and a Tubi Style Exhaust. What difference in sound would I get with this scoop?

Gain in horsepower is always good, and the price is very good.

Regards

Zero-Cool said:
---------------------------------------------------------------
NO!!! I just love this damn part so MUCH and want all to know! Cantrell , copy this part from other...but please don't go there..(about coping parts)
Just look at the whole line of Cantrell product. Between Dali and them you can almost see the whole book HyperREV # 48 there....

Wow you sure seem defensive over something you have no affiliation with. :rolleyes:

I simply asked a question. I am just curious if this was a 1/3 price copy of the Cantrell unit. Is it or is it not? I don't really care who copies who or how they justify it...... I'm not in the parts business.

-I do not know DF....just a good Vendor with great price-

You live in the same city though, right? Mira Mesa is the location listed in your profile which is a 'burb of San diego, and Downforce.biz is registered to a San Diego address. I was just asking an obvious question. If the answer is no, just say no, you don't have to get all worked up.

xsn said:
Wow you sure seem defensive over something you have no affiliation with. :rolleyes:

I simply asked a question. I am just curious if this was a 1/3 price copy of the Cantrell unit. Is it or is it not? I don't really care who copies who or how they justify it...... I'm not in the parts business.

You live in the same city though, right? Mira Mesa is the location listed in your profile which is a 'burb of San diego, and Downforce.biz is registered to a San Diego address. I was just asking an obvious question. If the answer is no, just say no, you don't have to get all worked up.

what is the purpose of all these? :confused:

You want the product, buy it. If not, don't.

So what even if he is affiliated with downforce. It is not going to change the product.

Let's stay within the topic of the product. :wink:

I've also purchased the product, but have not opened the box yet.

Exceeds expectations...

hmmm... I just received my DF Intake_Scoop moments ago. I was anticipating this part for a long time, since I came across it on the DF site. Peter @ DF was very sincere & consistent in his communications w/ me, and also very accurate w/ his time-table for production & delivery/shipping. 2day shipping, and I didn't even ask for it! I give DownForce two-thumbs up.

In agreement w/ ZeroC', this is a Top5 fav. mod' for the NSX.

Personal insights... It's just as pictured on their website. Very lightweight, I'd say 2lbs at most (more than likely less). The finish on the outside is flatte-black, smooth texture. The inside surface is w/o any sharp angles, fully confluent & smooth-flowing "natural" texture (uniform weave/pattern of the material). :cool:

:: runs off to install intake_scoop :: :biggrin:

Re: Exceeds expectations...

Osiris_x11 said:
:: runs off to install intake_scoop :: :biggrin:

Hi

Take some pictures when you install it then please :)

Regards

nis350 said:
what is the purpose of all these? :confused:

You want the product, buy it. If not, don't.

I'm trying to find out exactly what the product is. Is it a clone of the one SOS sells for $300? It appears to be but I want to be sure before I consider buying it. Why is that such a difficult question?

If it's a direct copy of the Cantrell unit for $100 I probably will order one because I know most people are happy with that product. If not then I will wait to make sure the concensus on this product is also positive before I consider ordering. Simple enough?

So what even if he is affiliated with downforce. It is not going to change the product.

Because if he is then it is a very deceptive way to promote it. This kind of thing happens a lot on other forums, some vendor or friend of a vendor will post "gee look at this awesome product I found" and it usually reads a lot like the first message in this thread. If it looks like a duck, I just want to see if it really is a duck or not. That's it.

nsxsupra said:
$17 per hp gain is impossible to beat.

Where are you getting that $17/hp? I thought the concensus was the filter was most of the difference with the other intakes, not the scoops or boxes.

xsn said:
Where are you getting that $17/hp? I thought the concensus was the filter was most of the difference with the other intakes, not the scoops or boxes.

Hi

Probably from the other thread where the Dyno result seemed to give about 6HP gain with filter.

100$ : 6HP = $17

Regards

Impressive. And I just purchased a Cantrell AIS too. Damn! Should have just waited on this and saved myself $200. This is going to drop the price of the Cantrell AIS for sure. (used ones that is)

martin said:
Probably from the other thread where the Dyno result seemed to give about 6HP gain with filter.

100$ : 6HP = $17

But this does not include the UNI filter does it? If so it is a **really** good deal! If not then the $/hp is pretty bogus if the HP is from the filter like people say.

Back