• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx-r suspension drop

On the issue of extreme stiffness of the Type R springs, for my CTSC'd daily driver, I went with Type R sways but Zanardi springs. Much stiffer then stock, .75" lower but not nearly as stiff as Type R. Bit of a compromise. Very happy with the setup.

That is exactly what I'm doing! Glad to hear you like the set up!

The NSX was already low enough stock, I don't want to remove functionality. I don't want to be one of those jackasses going over the RR tracks at 10-20 miles an hour when 50 should do just fine.

1.5 weeks on the NSX-R and I've already scraped twice. Once (front lip) at the local independent Porsche shop getting tech'd for NSXPO (center jack point also barely cleared pulling into the bay...the place is poorly laid out for low cars, which is ironic). A second time (center jack point) on the new fancy pull-out to accommodate-low-cars ramps on an alignment rack. They've had the new lift for 2 months and I am the first to scrape.

Let me turn it around why would I WANT to go lower? Hellaflush/stance are not my thing (they are horrible).

There is a huge difference between a .9 inch drop and a slammed and staned car of course. But I get your reasons...

Back