• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

All New Intercooled Sc

I started 2 years ago and built my first IC-SC for my NSX. The only problem was I could no longer store my Targa top or use the Comptech strut bars. This was due to raising the height above the standard Comptech SC.
So back to the drawing board. First I started doing my homework and learned how the newer cars like the GT by Ford, and most new Whipple designs all have utilized the space under the intake manifold. So I started to design this to work on the NSX and found it works very nicely. So I have attached photos showing how it is coming along. The only thing I am still waiting on before completely welding this up is the cooler core. I had learned that the company that manufactured the Whipple also manufactured the Auto Rotor then I noticed that the air inlet that Comptech sells for the Auto Rotor is a direct bolt on to the 2.3L whipple. I confirmed this with Shad. So I was lucky enough to find one of these. It’s very clean and just bolts on. I will post as much information as I can to help out anyone who may want to build one them selves. If anyone is interested in reproducing these for resell let me know I have a template.
I need to give special thanks to Shad at ‘AutoWave and Bob Kenney for all their help and support in this so far. Thanks guys

Last edited:
I forgot to post the core size. It can hold 2 cores available from Whipple.
a 2-1/2" x 4" x 13" or a 4" x 4" x 13" this is the one I’m using.

Hi Ken. You need to stop hiding your stuff and bring it out to a DC Metro meet one of these days!

Do u know how much more power your putting down to the floor with this set VS the standard whipple system? Man it looks like when the Go fast crack pipe hits it hits Hard...LOL

Cheers

That looks great Ken!

Where does the water plumb in? AND where did you get the INTAKE!!!! Great looking part!

Keep the pics coming!
Dave

Last edited:
sweeeeeeeeeet

now imagine if you took that same space..and mounted the supercharger there...upside down. Now your in the same boat as me(c35a legend motor) to fit it under hood(concealed).

That looks great Ken!

Where does the water plumb in? AND where did you get the INTAKE!!!! Great looking part!

Keep the pics coming!
Dave

Thanks
The cooler just came in so I can show you how it will fit. The water inlet and outlet on top will be cut off and I will drill and tap for fittings in the front of the intake and in the core. The BOV will mount on the rear of the intake.
Thanks again

Last edited:
The attached shows how my last cooler was drilled and tapped. This one will be the same. All bolt together parts for easy replacement.

Last edited:
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why comptech wouldnt have done this the first time. I have been wondering that for about 6 years.

Exlempary work. Can you explain the airflow? Does it flow through the core, under, and back up into individual runners?

Dylan

Way to go Ken, makes me wonder if I am going the long way to get to the same place as you. Please let us know more as you get to the testing.

Great work.

Dave

I modified my Whipple core on Friday and did a final fit up over the weekend.
Now it’s off to have it all welded up. Just a few more photos.

Last edited:
Have you bolted the fuel rails and injectors in place? Mine were tight and I needed to clearance the top plate flange for them to go in.

Can't wait to see this baby run!

Yes I just notched them out this morning. The cooler and manifold just went to be welded at a local shop. I might have them back today. If so I will post more photos.

Cool. I clamped mine down to a tooling plate, onto the intake flanges during welding, ended up with only .025" of warpage. I was easy to skim cut the top and bottom on the mill after. You have fewer layers, will be interesting to see how flat it stays.

The problem is I’m not the one welding it. I guess I should talk to the shop that is doing the welding. When my guy dropped it off the said they were concerned about warping.

A BOV can be mounted on a stock CTSC whipple?

It is not really a blow off valve, as much as it is a bypass valve, the excess boost from closing the throtle is recirculated through the blower to help reduce parisitic loss from the blower and keep heat down from to much compression within the blower itself.

Same effect just different terms, and routing of excess boost.

Dave

This is going to be a very interesting summer when everyone gets back on the road. Keep it going Ken.

It is not really a blow off valve, as much as it is a bypass valve, the excess boost from closing the throtle is recirculated through the blower to help reduce parisitic loss from the blower and keep heat down from to much compression within the blower itself.

Same effect just different terms, and routing of excess boost.

Dave

This is going to be a very interesting summer when everyone gets back on the road. Keep it going Ken.

I see but it looks like it can still be routed out to the atomosphere? like a centrifugal superchargers?....I just miss being turbo thats all.

Back