• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

605 rwhp on Stock Motor

After talking to the guys at HP, we decided that I needed a bigger turbo. We went with a 67mm ball bearing. After installing the turbo, we put it on the dyno to tune it. Here's the graph. Of course this is running race fuel. The turbo seems to spool just as fast as the 61mm.
Can't wait to get it back on the track, but I'm not sure I'll be able to until next year.

Craig

Last edited:
Damn that thing is going to fly. Whats the max psi? Do you ever plan on running low comp pistons?

I think we hit 15.5 psi at the end of the run. As far as pistons go, I figure I'll keep messing with the stock motor until I run into problems. Then we will build the motor stronger. Actually, after hearing everyone talk on here, I didn't expect the motor to last this long, but Honda did an amazing job with this motor.
Craig

Jesus!!!

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but what are your other mods? Is the entire longblock stock, or just the bottom end?

Thats awesome. I'm not sure how long it'll take that kind of power, but I have never heard of anyone else with that kind of power on a stock motor. Congrats. It must feel great.

The car has about 5,000 miles since the kit was put on.
Craig

This is like a Mad Experiment.... place your bets gentlemen... :biggrin:

I say something will go at about the 10th run at the track next time. (not that I wish ill on your car ccathey, I hope it lasts you another 100K).

I'd say it's 50/50 Honda and HP Engineering. There is very little if any "luck" involved with hitting these kinds of numbers on a stock relatively high compression n/a engine. To stand up to road course conditions the engine will not last long at 600whp, but for the "every once in a while" high way run it could last a long time.

Do u have any kind of water/meth injection on your setup?? If so ...i say the motor will last a long time.

that's amazing, but, at the same time, scary :eek:
why not just build it up now, so you know you don't have to worry about it?

in any case, i'm jealous. these people keep drooling over the veyron, but your NSX is almost just as fast. that's what's up.:cool:

Back