• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ LED Conversion Including HID Assembly

I got the LEDS I ordered and completed the incandescent to LED conversion. I am quite happy with the results.

I wanted to do this because I was particularly unhappy with the way my running lights looked in comparison with my HID headlights. Here's how dull that light looks.
12926DSC04147.jpg

And here it is next to the headlight. Just awful.
12926Parking_HeadDifference.jpg

Anyway, these replacement lights are the WLED-6 wedge type and I got them off of superbrightleds.com. Thanks Malibu Rapper and D'ecosse for the guidance.
Here you can see the intensity of the LED bulb before I put it in the socket.
12926ledparkingbright.jpg

Here's a shot showing the difference between the stock bulb and the new LED. WOW. :eek:
12926parkingdifference.jpg

Here's the finished project...slightly off from the HID's in color, but MUCH closer and much better looking than the stock bulbs. I've got some silverstars coming for the highbeams as well.
12926DSC04165.jpg

I also did the interior...since you most have seen what it looks like, I won't bore you with the pictures. Oh and just a note...I used the 9 LED 3022's for the interior. There are three of them. One for each door and one for the dome light. For my car, the courtesy light underneath the steering column takes the same bulb as the running lamps, a WLED 6 wedge type.
The trunk takes a 9 bulb LED 3002 as well.
12926DSC04171.jpg

Lastly, I changed the license plate lights as well. There are two of them. They take a 9 bulb wedge type. I think its a 921 type.
12926DSC04176.jpg

Enjoy.

very nice! how much did all this run you?

$44 including shipping for all the bulbs. And I even ordered one too many. :biggrin:

Thats great. I am assuming your part #'s are correct, I am going to order the same stuff...

Do you happen to have an extra LED bulb that fits the trunk light?

I did this conversion myself and came up one bulb short, and to order another there is a minimum.

If it fits the trunk lite I'll buy it from you

plz email me direct: [email protected]

thx

Are the bulbs for the doors, underneath drivers panel, dome & trunk. the same for older models 91's ? If these part numbers are correct Im ordering them tonight.

Did all my bulbs as well...even the one in the trunk. I love it.

One thing tho, the license plate ones make your plate glow a blueish-white color...so you'll stand out. I'm still not sure if I want this sort of attention, especially from behind on the freeway.

13146hid2.jpg

Drvolk,

Can you post your part #'s for the bulbs I have a 91' so I would like the parking lights and interior also. good call on the plates I dont think I want that attention either...lol

NSX~PERT said:
Drvolk,

Can you post your part #'s for the bulbs I have a 91' so I would like the parking lights and interior also. good call on the plates I dont think I want that attention either...lol

There's a thread started by SaberX somewhere that has all the bulb #'s listed out and the link to the website. I can't remember them all, but I used it and it worked great.

Do a search and you'll find it no problem.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48353&highlight=interior+led

There...I got everything I needed from that thread.

I've been fumbling around the garage looking for my old license plate bulbs..can't find em!! I must stick out like a sore thumb when I'm driving home at night. NOT good.

That looks great I ordered mine today cant hardly wait.......Steve

Just finish ordering mine, Instead of the 3022-4 for the dome I chose the 3022-9 leds instead they look like they will direct light much better. BTW coupes have 2 in the dome unlike T's with just 1.

Anyone want to put a package deal together for the rest of us?
A group buy maybe??

Re: where...

I went thru superbrightleds.com I bought 9 bulbs which two of them were pretty expensive due to them being the 9 bulb 3022's and only spent $36 including shipping. For the results I think this is a super cheap mod. I didnt waste time shopping around for 2-3 dollar savings.

Re: where...

NSX~PERT said:
I went thru superbrightleds.com I bought 9 bulbs which two of them were pretty expensive due to them being the 9 bulb 3022's and only spent $36 including shipping. For the results I think this is a super cheap mod. I didnt waste time shopping around for 2-3 dollar savings.

I agree rather cheap mod. I went with the 9s for the dome to. I would think that should really light up the cabin and trunk at night.......Steve

wow. those 9 LED bulbs are new. when i changed out all my interior bulbs all they had was the 4 LED bulbs. Can't wait to see what the 9s look like!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I do not want to order the wrong items

WLED-6 3pcs
9LED 3022 4pcs
9wedge 921 2pcs

Are these correct??

awsomr1 said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I do not want to order the wrong items

WLED-6 3pcs
9LED 3022 4pcs
9wedge 921 2pcs

Are these correct??

Perfect. Be careful when fitting the dome light...make sure you get it pushed all the way in the socket or it will come in contact with the light cover when its closed back up. Also, the 3022's are directional, so if you put the light in and it doesn't come on, just flip it around. Hahaha, my dumb ass thought I got shipped a faulty bulb at first.

Good luck.

Are the LED color in the photos white or blue?

And does these prices looks right???

Quantity Product Price Base Shipping Options Subtotal
4 3022-x9 LED Festoon bulb $ 2.95 $ 0.00 White 2.00 $ 19.80
2 921-x9 Wedge Base LED bulb $ 1.95 $ 0.00 White 1.75 $ 7.40
3 WLED 6-LED bulb $ 2.79 $ 0.00 White 0.95 $ 11.22

Subtotal: $ 38.42
Shipping: $ 5.00
Grand Total: $ 43.42

Last edited:
The color is white, and yes the prices look okay. For some reason they add a couple bucks more for the white color. :confused:

I just ordered my set, but I was wondering...

is there anyway to get rid of that yellow lens in the headlight assembly (02+) and replace the bulb with an amber bulb instead? I don't have my car yet can one of you guys look into that and see whats involved?

TURBO2GO said:
I just ordered my set, but I was wondering...

is there anyway to get rid of that yellow lens in the headlight assembly (02+) and replace the bulb with an amber bulb instead? I don't have my car yet can one of you guys look into that and see whats involved?

I'm sure it can be done, but I'm not sure if I would want my light assemblies taken apart.

Also....I see now that you can probably use a bigger 12+ led for the license plate. Probably would make visibility much better.

Don't get the 9 LED festoons! The 4 LED bulbs are waaaay brighter. Not sure why though...

awsomr1 said:
Are the LED color in the photos white or blue?

And does these prices looks right???

Quantity Product Price Base Shipping Options Subtotal
4 3022-x9 LED Festoon bulb $ 2.95 $ 0.00 White 2.00 $ 19.80
2 921-x9 Wedge Base LED bulb $ 1.95 $ 0.00 White 1.75 $ 7.40
3 WLED 6-LED bulb $ 2.79 $ 0.00 White 0.95 $ 11.22

Subtotal: $ 38.42
Shipping: $ 5.00
Grand Total: $ 43.42

Back