• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ LED Conversion Including HID Assembly

Bryan,

I agree this BY FAR the hottest mod you can do to your headlights. I'm not messing around with bulbs so I am going to have this done in the near future.
Your wrong,

This is the hottest mod for headlights :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

DSCF0711.jpg

Last edited:
Mike, mine are out AGAIN. Can you get an extra set of these for me please? I would be glad to paypal you what you want.

Hi Dave,

Is it the wedge bulbs in the headlight assembly that are out again? You drive your car alot more than i do so it would probably be better for you to test these new bulbs. I only picked up one set to try them out. I didn't want to buy many before we know if they work. If you want to try a set just let me know how many of each type you want. I don't want to make these available for everyone untill we know if they are any better then the others.

Thanks

Last edited:
I installed the new LED's in my car a couple days ago so we will see if they work any better. I am purposely running the lights even when i drive during the day to see if heat is a factor in the problems you guy's are having with the other bulbs. If heat is a factor then they wouldn't last long running them in the memphis heat. I will post back once i have run them for a few weeks.

Last edited:
OK, i have been thinking about this and no more than i drive my car it could take a while for me to test the New bulbs (post#46).

I need two people with a 2002+ everyday driver to test these out. I will send you 2 wedge bulbs for the front parking lights (No Cost) if you agree to keep this thread updated and let us know if these bulbs work out any better.

I would like to give the OP the first chance at this but i don't know if his car is a everyday driver.

Last edited:
OK, i have been thinking about this and no more than i drive my car it could take a while for me to test the New bulbs (post#46).

I need two people with a 2002+ everyday driver to test these out. I will send you 2 wedge bulbs for the front parking lights (No Cost) if you agree to keep this thread updated and let us know if these bulbs work out any better.

I would like to give the OP the first chance at this but i don't know if his car is a everyday driver.

Mike you can send me a set, so long as they have not been installed on your car yet. I don't want my car get cooties from an LBBP. :biggrin:

Guys I just tried this bulb and its fantastic! Its a super bright single LED, much brighter and a very cool hue, it looks really nice in the headlamp housing. My HID's look a little yellow next to this one. So far, it is holding up well. Its much whiter than the more "purple" WLED6 and WLED4 bulbs. I think its housing and single LED construction should make it last. It also was one of the few LED's that did not say "do not install in headlamp housing". It is about $5.

wled-whp.jpg

here are some cell phone pics (sorry, its all I had with me):

img160.jpg

img161.jpg

img162.jpg

Last edited:
4 months in, I do not have any problems with the above LED.

Guys I just tried this bulb and its fantastic! Its a super bright single LED, much brighter and a very cool hue, it looks really nice in the headlamp housing. My HID's look a little yellow next to this one. So far, it is holding up well. Its much whiter than the more "purple" WLED6 and WLED4 bulbs. I think its housing and single LED construction should make it last. It also was one of the few LED's that did not say "do not install in headlamp housing". It is about $5.....

Hey I was looking to get these for my 91 NSX for the front markers. I'm running 6000k HIDs for headlights, and wanted to get some better matching LED bulbs. Did you get these from superbrightleds.com?

Are they the WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs?

"High Power - Pure White 194/168 wedge base bulb. This bulb has 1 High Power LED which is about as bright as the 6-LED bulb seen above

At 4500K, the Color Temperature is between Warm White and Cool White "

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Thanks,

P.S are they still working in your car?

Last edited:
Hey I was looking to get these for my 91 NSX for the front markers. I'm running 6000k HIDs for headlights, and wanted to get some better matching LED bulbs. Did you get these from superbrightleds.com?

Are they the WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs?

"High Power - Pure White 194/168 wedge base bulb. This bulb has 1 High Power LED which is about as bright as the 6-LED bulb seen above

At 4500K, the Color Temperature is between Warm White and Cool White "

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Thanks,

P.S are they still working in your car?

Yes, these are still holding up. I think the multi-LED's would be gone by now for sure. This HP one seems to be the one to get and to my eye, it also looks the best.

Bump... over 2 years in with this $5 LED, still no burnout, no issues... single LED, bright as Tiger Woods' eyes at the Cherry Patch

wled-whp_mm.jpg

Guys I just tried this bulb and its fantastic! Its a super bright single LED, much brighter and a very cool hue, it looks really nice in the headlamp housing. My HID's look a little yellow next to this one. So far, it is holding up well. Its much whiter than the more "purple" WLED6 and WLED4 bulbs. I think its housing and single LED construction should make it last. It also was one of the few LED's that did not say "do not install in headlamp housing". It is about $5.

wled-whp.jpg

here are some cell phone pics (sorry, its all I had with me):

img160.jpg

img161.jpg

img162.jpg

Bump... 4 years now and this $5 LED is STILL working. Amazing....

d7d839d2.jpg

i mbeen meaning to get a led what color did you buy, would amber look better on my black nsx or the blue

Bump... over 2 years in with this $5 LED, still no burnout, no issues... single LED, bright as Tiger Woods' eyes at the Cherry Patch

wled-whp_mm.jpg
are the side markers the same bulb as the headlights daytime 194 bulb

Officially it's a 168 but a 194 will work. For the side markers you probably want one with a wide pattern and also i think the front will need load resistors for the hyperflash unless there built in.

Mike

Can you link what bulb i would need for the front headlights in amber

Thanks

Can you link what bulb i would need for the front headlights in amber

Thanks

This is the parking light, not turn signals. Are you asking what you need for turn signals? Comtec might know better I saw no need to change those.

Last edited:
yeah for the parking lights, aren't they the same as the side marker lights 194/168 bulb? or different

thanks turbo and comtec had to google what afaik was lol

I found the trick is to make sure two bulb colors are alike... some are white, some are almost lightning blue, but not blue... even in the same 12 pc package...

Back