• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 with 70,000 miles installed Bilsteins

Excellent thread. Just ordered a set through shockwarehouse, and used the Code Shock55 to get the discount. Cant wait for these babies to show up. It will be nice to get a little lower without giving up comfort and performance.

I had some KW V3's on order but due to my driveway clearances I'm not going to be able to lower my car for the forseable future. The shocks really need to be replaced, original ones on the car from 1995. Anyways, thanks for the coupon code! Shock55 is still active & working as of today.

Some driving impressions thus far on my Bilsteins. Body roll is even less perceptible, ride is very comfortable and these shocks seemed to have improved the grip of my current set of tires.

Some driving impressions thus far on my Bilsteins. Body roll is even less perceptible, ride is very comfortable and these shocks seemed to have improved the grip of my current set of tires.
I saw you are on the lower perch. Stock springs?

Last edited:
I had some KW V3's on order but due to my driveway clearances I'm not going to be able to lower my car for the forseable future. The shocks really need to be replaced, original ones on the car from 1995. Anyways, thanks for the coupon code! Shock55 is still active & working as of today.

I have checked with Shockwarehouse, and they are saying that these shocks are on national back order, and do not know when they will be available. I had to call them twice to find out this information. The first time they told me they were shipping them out to me that day, this was a week after I placed the order 3-13-15. Second time I called 3-19-15, they said national back order. Have asked to be refunded, and will order again when they are available.

Has anyone modified the Bilsteins with a "sleeve" kit? I saw something on eBay which requires the shocks to be of 2" diameter and the springs to have 2.5" inner diameter. Is that something that is doable on the NSX set-up?
Steve

I have checked with Shockwarehouse, and they are saying that these shocks are on national back order, and do not know when they will be available. I had to call them twice to find out this information. The first time they told me they were shipping them out to me that day, this was a week after I placed the order 3-13-15. Second time I called 3-19-15, they said national back order. Have asked to be refunded, and will order again when they are available.
Tire Rack says they have them in stock.

I put Bilsteins on last summer, I really like them. Original shocks were pretty worn out. Good drop, lower perch. Actually, for whatever reason I think the rear is actually a little too low, front is just right but that is just me being pedantic.

Bravo! So nice to see use of the word "pedantic". Much better than the overused, crude sounding term "anal".:wink:
Kudos.

Back