• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'04 Info.

Shift Knob

Folks........

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! That CAN"T be the new shift knob!!! IT'S THE UGLIEST ONE I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME!!! It doesn't even look as though it belongs. The boot itself looks like they incorporated better quality supple leather and does not seem to match the knob. I think that it is a bootleg replacement.......please? If it IS the real thing........someone should have their head examined at Honda design....and FAST at that!

Cheers-

Nev

I highly doubt that's the factory NSX shift knob. Every single car show I've been to, the shift knob in all cars were stolen or taken out before the show. Maybe someone (from Honda or not) replaced it with something that just happened to fit the threads?

If I'm wrong... well damn, shame on you Honda.

I heard from a buddy that works at Acura of South Florida that the 04' NSX is supposed to get a 310 HP Type S, is this true?

LegendTypeII said:
I heard from a buddy that works at Acura of South Florida that the 04' NSX is supposed to get a 310 HP Type S, is this true?

99.9% not true. Even the NSX-R don't have 310hp, why would a Type S? The C32B engine has no variants for higher HP.

Here is a pic from their site... hard to see perfectly.. but that is the new knob...

knob.jpg

droptopcrusing said:
so the pic from the autoshow showed a damaged shift knob since the leather cover was pulled off the base of the knob.

Not surprising since the car was set-up so that patrons of the auto show can go in and mess with it.

In all my years going to the LA auto show I don't think there was a year where the NSX was not on a stand (or blocked off).

Well, I still like the new knob. Looks just right in the new pic above. I must be the only one, lol.

There are certain all metal knobs that look better, but having leather on the knob, for me, adds practicality too. Like I said before, shifting with an all metal knob is not always good. Way easier to slip and miss shift.

BITeR said:
There are certain all metal knobs that look better, but having leather on the knob, for me, adds practicality too. Like I said before, shifting with an all metal knob is not always good. Way easier to slip and miss shift.

Metal knobs not only have the slip issue, but also heat and cold issue. Park your car under 90+ degree heat then try grabbing the metal knob. I have plenty of not so pleasant experiences with the metal Zanardi shift knob.

Back