• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1/4 times....

me and a turbo eclipse went at it 3 times he has racing gas 120 octane and a hughe turbo (car sounds nasty) i won 2 times and he pulled once he ran a 11.89 @127mph the other day on drag radials, i saw with my own eyes.
we went from a 40mph roll all 3 times and let off at 145mph once him being a car ahead and the other 2 time me a car ahead.
i asked from a stop but he said he would just spin.

so what would my car run? even with drag radials i know i can out hook him.....

Originally posted by smoore:
me and a turbo eclipse went at it 3 times he has racing gas 120 octane and a hughe turbo (car sounds nasty) i won 2 times and he pulled once he ran a 11.89 @127mph the other day on drag radials, i saw with my own eyes.
we went from a 40mph roll all 3 times and let off at 145mph once him being a car ahead and the other 2 time me a car ahead.
i asked from a stop but he said he would just spin.

so what would my car run? even with drag radials i know i can out hook him.....

Stuart,

You gotta just go to the track and run it.Im very surprised by the time you listed he ran as his trap would indicate he's putting down around 525 horse to the wheels.I know you're not so either thats a misprint or his car wasnt running the same boost the night you raced.From what Ive heard of your car,Id say your car would run around 12.50's

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS S/C

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
Stuart,

You gotta just go to the track and run it.Im very surprised by the time you listed he ran as his trap would indicate he's putting down around 525 horse to the wheels.I know you're not so either thats a misprint or his car wasnt running the same boost the night you raced.From what Ive heard of your car,Id say your car would run around 12.50's

Joe

Joe,

with all do respect i know its fster than that but some how i never seem to make it to the track (too busy)
scott i belive ran a 12.4 or something and when we raced i was defently faster than he is with my light wheels keep in mind my nsx is very light.
don't quote me on the trap speed but i know he ran the 11.89 could of been @117 or @127 not sure.
the eclipse is a beast to say the least it sounds like a worked supra and he beat an mr2 as did i that was claiming 492 hp to the wheels.
the guy with the eclpise said with confedence my car is defently in the 11's
but one day i will find out for sure

Great time, Smoore. Is it that hard to believe that with a proper tune NSX, (albeit expensive), running drag radial, the car would slip in the 11's? Don't think so, I have seen three NSX here in So.Cal that would be capable of slipping in to the 11'S. The thing is they all have either a big shot nitrous, or powerful single turbo system set up.

From the information you give, it sounds like you have a better hole shot and top end than the Eclipse, so you are capable of running an ET of 11.89 or better.

Originally posted by smoore:

Joe,

with all do respect i know its fster than that but some how i never seem to make it to the track (too busy)
scott i belive ran a 12.4 or something and when we raced i was defently faster than he is with my light wheels keep in mind my nsx is very light.
don't quote me on the trap speed but i know he ran the 11.89 could of been @117 or @127 not sure.
the eclipse is a beast to say the least it sounds like a worked supra and he beat an mr2 as did i that was claiming 492 hp to the wheels.
the guy with the eclpise said with confedence my car is defently in the 11's
but one day i will find out for sure

Let me know when you want to go to the track and Ill go with you.

117 trap sounds about right for that eclipse.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS S/C

I've owned an 11-second Eclipse, and now own a TT NSX so I guess I should comment here
smile.gif

Was the Eclipse an AWD, or FWD? That makes a huge difference.

If it was AWD, then the Eclipse would have been doing 117mph in the 1/4 mile. For comparison, my AWD Eclipse ran 11.81 @ 118.67mph in the quarter and also hit an 11 at high 116mph, so 117 sounds right on.

If he was FWD, then 127mph might make sense, since a FWD Eclipse has to make a ton of power to hit an 11. It can't put much of its power down off the line and therefore has a lot of ground/time to make up once it finally gets traction.

Eclipses are not geared well like NSX's are for high-speed acceleration, especially if the NSX has a 6 speed (manual Eclipses have 5 speeds by the way). Smoore, if you were racing until 145mph, the Eclipse had to shift into 5th around 116-120mph. If you were gaining ground at 120mph+, that's ground you wouldn't have been making for a 1/4 mile run, the 1/4 mile would have been over by then.

So, as for what time Smoore's car would run.. The only answer is for him to take his car to the track and get some #'s. The 11-second barrier is not an easy one to break for most street cars, and the driving (launch, shifting, etc) will be just as important as the car.

Originally posted by Deqle:
Is it that hard to believe that with a proper tune NSX, (albeit expensive), running drag radial, the car would slip in the 11's? Don't think so, I have seen three NSX here in So.Cal that would be capable of slipping in to the 11'S. The thing is they all have either a big shot nitrous, or powerful single turbo system set up.

You don't need the big shot of nitrous or the single turbo system to pull it off. Some of us with Bell TT systems are either knocking on the door to 11's, or have run 11.9's already. Without drag radials. Drag radials alone, or a good run on a cold day, would probably do the trick. I've only been to the track once on a summer day with my Bell TT NSX (no other performance mods) and ran a 12.0 at nearly 119mph, on 91 octane.

Smoore - Get ye to the track and get some timeslips!
smile.gif
We'd love to hear what your beast can do!

Best,
Marc

[This message has been edited by SpeedDemon (edited 02 January 2003).]

Hey Marc. Long time no speak. When you planning on making it to the next club meet? I want to get that video back.
wink.gif

Can you believe my Eclipse is still bone stock? I'm waiting on crankwalk so I can throw in a built motor to replace it. I plan on some S03s and a solid brake kit as the only mod until then. That way I can feel safe tagging along at some of the canyon drives.

Just as an addition, I'm blown away by the launch on these AWD cars. I'm waiting for the clutch to go to stick in a better one (hell... they're only $300 for a performance) so I've been doing some AWD launches. If I slip at 4-5K and then just let loose, that little turbo 4 banger puts me back the way my vette used to. Never mind that I can smell the clutch immediately afterwards.
redface.gif
Now I understand why those damn Audis keep blowing by PD on the start of every race.

I can't even imagine what your old GSX felt like with those launches and that kind of power you had.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 02 January 2003).]

I also owned a 95 DSM Talon AWD with a ton of mods and my best 1/4 mile runs where 12.5 @ 110mph the problem with those cars are they break down all the time. After three clutches two trannys and a blown turbo it was time to let it go so I went and bought my 91 NSX which I just love.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory
biggrin.gif

Steven, did you put your eclipse back to stock before selling it? A good friend of mine bought a bunch of parts (intercooler,charge pipes) from someone in Wisconsin whos was putting their car back to stock so he could buy an NSX...wonder if it was you.
smile.gif

I can believe you beat an Eclipse that ran 117 on a roll, but one that ran 127? You must mean 117mph.Even that is fast though!Sounds awesome.

Originally posted by true:
Steven, did you put your eclipse back to stock before selling it? A good friend of mine bought a bunch of parts (intercooler,charge pipes) from someone in Wisconsin whos was putting their car back to stock so he could buy an NSX...wonder if it was you.
smile.gif

No True that wasnt me I sold mine with everything on it all $10,000 worth of mods.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

this eclipse was only fwd thats why he wanted a roll. His eclpise used to be AWD but he converted it to just FWD so he said. The funny this is we raced when he was on low boost 18lbs and him on 93 octane and it wasn't even a race after 6 cars i let off. he then put $20- race gas in his car bumped the boost up to 28-30lbs and changed his plugs and fixed his over heating problem and then we raced agian. and that was the results above but it seemed like he had to do alot to get we're i was everyday. i din't talk but for 10 minutes and he was surprised at the out come was so close (he thought it was going to be close with him on low boost)

Originally posted by Shuey2k:
Come on Stu, take your car to a road course. Then we can talk about how fast the car is.

[This message has been edited by Shuey2k (edited 02 January 2003).]

you guys are track junkies and will blow my doors off in track times you know that plus i'll have to keep filling up on n2o

Stu,

Well, if I got in front, I would blind you with my smokescreen and you'd never get by ;-)

msr1013_12.jpg

Best regards,

Ben

[This message has been edited by beckertb (edited 03 January 2003).]

That was Ben doing his 007 imitation at msr xpo-02.He was a big hit to those behind him,I think the motor was okay just needed more oil since most of it was being atomized out back!
wink.gif

Ben,
Now all you need is the low profile rocket launchers mounted on your hood...hey, wait...I think I see them in that picture! "Dun dun dun dun dun dun da da dun dun dun dun dun dun dun..."

Back