• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1 year on and as Kramer would say "I'm LOVING IT JERRY!"

The best part of my day comes at 7:00 am.

I walk out to see this fantastic looking NSX parked in my space. It's been over a year, and the more I look at the thing, the more I like it. It's just art. I still can't believe I get to drive this thing.

I get in and as soon as I start it up and hear my GT-one exhaust snap and hiss and roar like something angry, I am fully awake. I cruise through some side streets until she is fully warm, and that's just when I have come to the entrance of my favorite highway on-ramp.

A long "S" that winds its way onto the highway, at that time usually it's clear and I drop into 3rd and goose it around all the turns... I feel these awesome G-forces as I am basically already at highway speed through the tightest sections. The grip is immense... Wow....

Then I check traffic and get on in just enough to feel that terrific torque that came with my CTSC, a little whine, a little high pitched scream, a little whooshing here and there... wow is this real? this is too fun. Something must surely be wrong. If the IRS found out they would tax me for this.

Sadly, after about 20 minutes all the fun ends. I am here at work. Now I have 8 hours to do things before I can go back to my love again. And so all I can do now, is write a thread here... if I could just drive my NSX all the time I would have maybe 10 posts here... not 2600 something...

In a perfect world there would be me, my nsx, roads, and no toads (other drivers). Lots of free gas, and no pollution. Wow how great that would be. I have owned a lot of expensive cars... I have never felt like this about any of them.

Last edited:
Great review ! It's been over 5 years for me and I still get excited seeing it in the garage. I don't get to drive it to work everyday though :mad: So consider youself one of the luckier ones :smile:

Beautiful, reminds me of why I wake up every morning. Even though I hate my job, I love the drive to work in the morning. Then all day I dream about getting off of work for that drive home, when there's traffic I don't mind taking an alternate route. NSX!!!!!!!

Having a company truck forbids me to enjoy my drive to and from work everyday, but the best part of the day {even better than lunch} is pulling in the driveway after work and watching that garage door open.:biggrin:

Having a company truck forbids me to enjoy my drive to and from work everyday, but the best part of the day {even better than lunch} is pulling in the driveway after work and watching that garage door open.:biggrin:

I agree, I love seeing my NSX parking in the garage when I come home and open the garage door. :biggrin:

Sometimes, I even flip on the headlights, roll back, and admire the lines of the NSX before closing the garage and leaving for the day.... :redface:

I have no buyer's regret, and it's been 6 months.

Beautiful, reminds me of why I wake up every morning. Even though I hate my job, I love the drive to work in the morning. Then all day I dream about getting off of work for that drive home, when there's traffic I don't mind taking an alternate route. NSX!!!!!!!

I suggest looking for a new job. It will make your commute in your NSX even more enjoyable.:smile:

I agree, I love seeing my NSX parking in the garage when I come home and open the garage door. :biggrin:

Ditto. :wink:

Definitely feel the same and best thing I've done for myself. My 2 year anniversary for my car is next month and its a great feeling I still have today!!:smile:

I know EXACTLY what you mean :smile:

Everyday when I walk into the garage I have to make the decision which car to take. The ordinary Prelude or THE NSX !! Very often, the coiche is the NSX even if I had previously decided to take the Prelude.
Since I want to enjoy this fabulous car for as long as I can I try to limit the number of miles I drive. Yet, I always have difficulty keeping the milage below a 1000 miles per month.

After five years of ownership, I can still stare at the car for minutes. It's still hard for me sometimes to believe that I actually have one.

People sometimes say that you don't know what you have until it's gone. Or that people don't appreciate what they have got.
Well, in this particular case, I know exactly what I've got. And I don't forget about it for even a second !!

I know this feeling well. I have been behind the wheel of NSXs for approimately 12 years, and still love driving them. Just last night I walked back to the garage 4 times to flip the lights on and look at my Grand Prix White beauty just sitting there all clean and happy. The funny part is that I pulled out the stereo so that I could send it in for refinishing, and I have not missed the music from it one bit. The gaping hole in the dash is bothersome....but listening to the engine rev, and the Taitec exhaust bark, is a symphony in itself. Besides seeing my wife when I get home, the NSX is the best part of my day.

Great post, I agree with everything you said... I can't drive it enough to satisfy the hunger.:smile:

Back