• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

10th Annual Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk - June 5, 2011

It is coming up on that time of year when we gather together to support one of our own, Alan Offsie ("Climberao"), and contribute to an important and worthy cause - the fight against breast cancer.

Nine years ago Alan's wife, Michelle, lost her battle with breast cancer and since then there has been a Memorial Walk to raise funds to help fight this disease. The NSX community has supported Alan both by walking and/or by making a financial contribution.

This marks the 10th Anniversary of the Walk and it will be on June 5. We are hoping that our NSX "family" comes out once again in support of one of our members and his family.

Please join Team NSX Club of America

891951749_aztbb-XL.jpg

557231457_wTvoN-XL-3.jpg

891939958_nLCay-XL.jpg

891971662_HvDYU-XL.jpg

309539640_Efz5W-XL.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdACnwYkwuo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdACnwYkwuo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Please help out and join Team NSX Club of America!

Last edited:
<object id="vp1LgcFl" width="432" height="240" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://static.animoto.com/swf/w.swf?w=swf/vp1&e=1299870855&f=LgcFlK473KBgFaowtl0J6Q&d=264&m=p&r=240p+480p&start_res=480p&i=m&ct=&cu=&options="></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed id="vp1LgcFl" src="http://static.animoto.com/swf/w.swf?w=swf/vp1&e=1299870855&f=LgcFlK473KBgFaowtl0J6Q&d=264&m=p&r=240p+480p&start_res=480p&i=m&ct=&cu=&options=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="432" height="240"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I contributed last year as I couldn't make it, but I should be able to make it this year.

Tytus

I'll be in of course, both on the contributory and the participatory, and of course this is one event that Nancy wouldn't miss either!!!!

"Event is only one month away" bump.

Last year Team NSXCA was one of the top fund raisers so let's see if we can get listed again on the event shirt. Even if you can't walk with us you can make a donation. Every little bit helps.

Yikes! Just realized I haven't registered for the walk yet. Remember to not only register, but once you do why not go ahead and use their email service to request some donations from family and friends? I'm always surprised by how many people call me up to say, "When's the walk? I'm ready to donate!"

I'm hoping we can top our totals from last year (which maybe RSO can look up for us since he is the keep of the facts :wink:)

If you can't make it please support it!

Last edited:
I'm hoping we can top our totals from last year (which maybe RSO can look up for us since he is the keep of the facts :wink:)

If you can't make it please support it!

We raised $1425 last year from team NSXCA. We were number 7 in fundraising. We are off to a good start this year with $500 but I know we can do a lot better. Let's get our name back on the shirts as a top fundraising team!

Just signed Nancy and me up for the walk on the pledge page, you all knew we'd be there, I was just too lazy to go and log in. Now a "bump" in order to get us all there..................remember, Alan guarantees good weather and a great time, reserved parking for NSX's (not sure about GT's), good food and great "company". If we can get 34 NSX's to come out for NSX Stock, we should be able to get at least that number to help fight this horrible disease and have a great time as well.

I justy signed in as well, we need more participants!!!

Tytus

I agree Tytus!

Guys, this is really a fun event and for an awesome cause. As most of you know breast cancer statistics are scary - almost everyone knows someone who has had breast cancer. Let's all get behind this event and join your fellow club members.

It's a 2 mile walk with a break inbetween! They feed you when you arrive, they feed you at the 1 mile mark and they feed you when you return! Giveaways and goodies, a speach by Alan and perhaps his daughter Karen, and a band.

Donate to one of the team members or Sign up Now!!!!

Thanks to everyone so far for getting us to $850 and up to the number 4 spot in the top teams ranking.

Lets keep our numbers growing!

Bump for a worthy outing (plus I am tired of non-nsx'ers constantly bumping threads about runs being done by nissans and evos...........)

Totally agree with the above post. Well said.

(also was able to bump this with only 10 days to go)

Bump for a worthy outing (plus I am tired of non-nsx'ers constantly bumping threads about runs being done by nissans and evos...........)

Agree
Totally agree with the above post. Well said.

(also was able to bump this with only 10 days to go)

Agree with your agreement.

Just a further reminder, Mr Offsie "GUARANTEES" good weather on the date of the walk, so no worries!!!!

Weather BUMP update, the forecast is looking stellar for Sunday, please come out for this worthy cause and have a great time as well. Instead of driving aggressively and not getting exercise, here you can drive, show your car to appreciative "fans", get some good exercise, free lunch and treats and raise money to fight this horrible disease. We had a great turnout for NSX Stock we should have an equally strong turnout for this!!!!!

First...Once again let me thank EVERYONE for supporting the 10th Annual Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk
Second... It's that time again to get a CAR COUNT to let me know how many parking spaces we need for NSX Members this Sunday June 5th? We need to block space by Friday so make sure you sign up for this great event :biggrin:
Third... As always the NSX crew are invited back to my place for more food and chilling in the pool - Record temps for the last 3 years have made this a great day for a cruise, some exercise and food and friends.

So far it looks like a good turnout but it would be better with a GREAT Turnout!

See you all on Sunday :cool:

Where exactly do we meet and park? An address that my gps can accept would be helpful, please no coordinates.

Thanks

Tytus

Address is: 1775 Oak Tree Road Edison 08820
We look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday morning :biggrin:
Dont forget your Sunscreen

Alan

Back