• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

12,000 mile SoS Supercharger update

My IAT is around 200+:eek: (I Know!). Some people are HOLY COW!!!!! about it and others are "That's Nothing for Concern" or" that's normal".

I thought my IAT was high at 170 peak, how are you monitoring your IAT?

My local tuner was concerned and let me know. I asked SoS and they said it is fine...
=DREW=

Another testament to how awesome (and overbuilt) the NSX motor is. 200F IAT on lesser motors might not end up so nice.

No kidding.

With the K20Z3, using a Eaton MP62 Gen IV roots blower, many times with redlines up to 8600rpm, we (FG2/FA5/DC5 owners) tend to see IATs in the 220*F range. Personally, I've been running that way for 60k miles (motor now has ~120k) without issue. I'm no engineer, and can't explain it - but it just works for us.

For what its worth, Jose Mercado (mercracing.net) has done a lot of "paving-the-way" for supercharging Honda K's, B's and H's. Typically on the K, his designed aftercooler kits have dropped IATs by notable amounts (I believe 80*F decrease from ambient, is the best I've seen come from him personally) ... He even dabbled with the SoS Laminova design for the K's.

I'm in the market for an NA2 within the coming year, so I may start putting the bug in his ear that there ARE people around who want better cooling for S/C'ed C series engines.

Personally, if I were to trust anyone with supercharger cooling, it'd be him. (And I know that's worth about nothing to most, being that I'm a complete forum newbie - but I urge everyone to check him out anyway!)

P.S. - I'm not affiliated with Jose. ... Unless you consider the purchase of an aftercooler kit for a K20 "affiliation" :)

Back