• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'12 Kia Optima SX for DD

With electronic giants like LG and Samsung, cars like Hyundai and Kia, they are crushing Japan.

I used to lust over Sony electronics... their entire line. Other than the PS3.. I haven't bought any of their products in almost a decade.

Samsung TV
Samsung Phone
Etc... etc...

Wait till they build a Korean NSX........:cool:

Build it and they will come. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did since it looks like they are looking at where the Japanese manufacturers, especially Honda, are falling down and filling that market niche. One can only hope they see how revered the NSX still is in Japan and here and decide to do just that.

Wait till they build a Korean NSX........:cool:

Ask and you shall receive. Its no nsx in the driving dynamics, but they got the balls to release a super car.

112_0804_10z+2008_spirra_s+side_view.jpg

112_0804_01z+2008_spirra_s+front_three_quarters_view.jpg

112_0804_11z+2008_spirra_s+rear_three_quarters_view.jpg

Its called the Spirra S. They are spamming this car all over the k pop music videos. They must be really proud of this car. I doubt the Koreans can build a great driver's car of that caliber yet. But at least they are starting, who knows what would happen 20 years from now.

That's really nice looking. Appears to be mid engine too. Look out Honda, Toyota, Nissan....

spirra-gyra

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dcbuoOTfTZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't understand a damn thing they are saying... but this is better than Top Gear USA.

I love this new optima more than the sonata (and other sedans in this segment).
I stare at them on the roads and can't believe how good they look:eek:

Definitely keep us updated on your ownership.

We also just pick up optima last weekend to replace our 335i. It doesn't drive like a BMW but we got tired of bring BMW in for service every month and the warranty is about to expire. In the last few years of ownership, the car has gone through multiple fuel pump, leak tranny oil, leak engine oil, the radio and bluetooth only work when it wants to, outside mirror and memory seats have a mind of its own.

We also just pick up optima last weekend to replace our 335i. It doesn't drive like a BMW but we got tired of bring BMW in for service every month and the warranty is about to expire. In the last few years of ownership, the car has gone through multiple fuel pump, leak tranny oil, leak engine oil, the radio and bluetooth only work when it wants to, outside mirror and memory seats have a mind of its own.
Congrats!! We have put almost 2k miles on our Optima. Great car!!! :biggrin:

They look DAMN good. I will have to consider for my DD when my ol faithful Honda Accord decides to peace out :tongue:

Back