• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18x8.5 +30 Front, 18x9.5 +35 Rear, Any fitment issue?

Is this an ideal wheel size/offset for the NSX? If so, what tire size should I get? These are the TE37 and will they clear most fo the NSX BBK's in the future?

Regards,
Randy

18x8.5 +30 front will stick out.

you need a +45 at lease with a High face type wheel.

or you can go with 7.5 or 8.0

The most popular size aftermarket wheels and tires used on the NSX are 215/40-17 on 17x7.5 in front, 265/35-18 or 255/35-18 on 18x9.5 in the rear. However, I think you need to decide things in the proper order before you start thinking about offsets, and I wonder whether you have thought about all the other factors that should be considered first.

1. Start with the wheel diameter. For example, most folks don't use same-diameter wheels front and rear, because they may look unbalanced; they typically choose 17" front and 18" rear, or in a small number of cases, 18" front and 19" rear. Far fewer use 18" both front and rear. You might want to see how it looks on someone else's car in person before you commit to those wheel diameters.

2. Then consider what size and model tires you are planning to use. Most folks are using 215/40-17 (or, for 18" fronts, 215/35-18) in the front, so as to avoid the rubbing problems that most wider sizes have. Make sure the tire sizes you want are available for the tires you prefer.

3. You can then use the tire size and model to decide what wheel width to get, by checking the manufacturer's specs. For example, both of these front sizes typically are approved only for wheels 7-8 inches wide, or occasionally 7-8.5 inches. So, for example, you either can't use them on a 17x8.5 or 18x8.5 wheel, or if you do, they will look "stretched". A front wheel that is 7.5 inches wide will have a much more normal look for these size tires.

4. Then you can start thinking about specific wheels and offset.

Most of the big brake kits will clear 17" front wheels. Check with those selling the kit(s) you're considering.

Back