• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Blk/ Blk Comptech SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
1991 Black / Ivory Now Black/Black with Ivory Headliner, 5 speed, NOT in snap ring range.
Ca. Lic. Plate 1BADNSX

This California car was originally owned by Comedian Mort Saul. I am the second owner, purchasing the car with 89,000 adult driven miles completely stock. I have put only 11,500 miles on the car over the last 6 years including 6-8 track events, the odometer now reads 100,500 miles. The car is in show condition with only very minor cosmetic flaws and is well suited for street or track driving. I have had a NSX Certified Tech perform all mechanical work and service including the 90k mile service that included timing belt and water pump. Oil is Mobil 1 and is changed every 1000 miles max. Coolant is Honda spec, and the radiator hoses front and rear upper and lower are all new. as is the thermostat. Everything has been over maintained, including flushing and purging the entire brake system at each service. The car recently passed both leak down and compression tests with flying colors and has a clean car fax as well. No smoke on start, No smoke on acceleration and appears and drives almost as new. The paint has been polished to remove all orange peel and looks as smooth as lacquer.

As a point of interest, the Comptech Superchager installed on the car is one of only a few handbuilt prototype units in existence and crafted from polished aluminum rather than sand cast.

I have run 1:35.98 at Willow Springs Big Track. The car is fully sorted and capable of low 1:30’s at Willow.

Most everything to put car back to stock has been retained and will be included with sale along with all paper records and receipts, including original Ivory seats in perfect condition almost without wear.

Serious inquiries email for pic’s and question answered. [email protected] or call Craig Kircher at 818.612.1902 anytime.

$35,000.00

Engine:
OEM Clutch installed ~4k miles ago
Comptech S/C, Installed by Mark Bash
Comptech CF Cold Air Intake
Comptech SS Exhaust
Straight Pipes or Cats or Both
D/C Sports SS Headers
K&N Drop in Filter
New Hi Perf Fuel Pump
New Fuel Filter
New Supercharger Belt
Freshly cleaned and tested injectors (all 6)

Suspension:
Koni Adj Shocks
Eibach Springs
Dali Adj Sway Bars F&R
Comptech Rear Strut Bar

Brakes: New with less than200 miles
Wilwood Big Brakes Front & Rear W/ Parking Brake
SS Brake Lines
Motul RBF 600 Fluid
2 Sets of Pads:Track Compound / Street Compound Both New
Racing Studs installed F&R W/ Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts
Dali Air Deflector Ducts

Wheels / Tires: New with Less than 50 miles
Toyo RA1 235/40/17 front 275/40/17 rear
Forgeline 17"/17" Black Powdercoat racing wheels

Interior / Exterior: Aesthetically 91/2 out of 10
Marga Hills Side Skirts
Gorgous Custom Black carpet by Dan Miller Interiors of Ca.
Late Model OEM Black seats in perfect condition
Ivory A Pillar Gauge Pod with Fuel Pressure and Boost Gauges
Dali Fire Extinguisher Bracket W/ Halon Fire Extinguisher
Dali Harness Bar
Dali Camera Mount
Scroth 5 Point Harness Both Seats with Anti-Sub Belts(not installed)
Alpine/OEM Trunk Multi CD
Keyless Entry System
LOJACK stolen vehicle location system
Pre Wired for Radar Detector to upper middle windshield
Pre Wired for Hot Lap Timer From Front Plate Holder to Interior

Edit:

Recent Pending Sale Fell Through. :rolleyes:

Remember folks, this is a 13 year old exotic car, your bank is not
going to loan you 90% on it, not to mention I am asking a little over blue
book.

Here is a link to many new photos, inside and out.

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&page=1&sort=1&perpage=12&ppuser=4049

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Craig- Post some pics. Once folks see your car and what's on it, you'll have a feeding frenzy on your hands.

For anyone outside the CalCoastal region, this car is very well sorted, seriously fast (almost as fast as mine! :p ), and really turns heads!

NSXTC said:
Hey Craig- Post some pics. Once folks see your car and what's on it, you'll have a feeding frenzy on your hands.

Yes, I know, but for some reason the site won't let me upload pics. I keep getting an error message that the files are too large even though I've re-worked them to the appropriate size. I'll try to post them to a web site today and link to it.

I think that some may be afraid of the miles, but this car is very sound and clean and has only had the blower (which you sold me :) ) for around 5,000 miles. And many of the mod's have less than 1k on them with the tires and brakes BRAND NEW with less than 50 miles on them!

Don't miss out, if you were to buy a '91 this clean and put these mod's on it you'd be well over 55k.

i've seen the car and its very clean.

craig if you are wondering where i saw it, i saw it at the autox event.

Here's a recent picture of the car with the following exceptions. The rear calipers are not yellow oem any longer, they are now the brand new Wilwoods. Tires are no longer Yoko AO32's, they are now the brand new Toyo RA1's

Attachments

• nsx office small.jpg
    nsx office small.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 7,912
And another with the oem (upgraded) brakes and the triple chrome Azev's. And YES that is John "Anytime" Richards and his lovely wife Tina in the background! :D

Attachments

• nsx at pv1 small.jpg
    nsx at pv1 small.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 7,890
A few things I forgot to mention....

Comptech rear strut bar
Alpine (oem) CD Changer
New factory clutch installed ~4,000 miles ago

Should be able to post interior pics this afternoon

Bump for a friend.

I can personally attest that this is a very well taken care of NSX. Actually it has been professionally detailed on a regular basis, and Craig has gone out of his way, well beyond what most owners are willing to do and spend on the mechanical maintenance of this car. It’s very first rate if you are looking for a nice clean car.

Thank's for the bump and the nice words Marc! Guess you really want me to get that race car eh?

I have been getting quite a few inquiries about the car just lately with a lot of "low ball, sight unseen offers". In an effort to save everyone time and trouble, the price of 35k is firm. You will understand this once you see the car. Yes, it is that nice. No rattles, No shimmys, No shakes, No Smoke,...Just "1BADNSX"

FWIW, Shane at Autowave recently told one perspective buyer that if he were to buy a NSX for himself...it would be this one.

Additionally, I am not interested in selling any of the performance parts off the car seperately.

Thank's for understanding. :)

Craig,
Is the tranny stock or does it have the short gears and 4.23 r & p?

Thank you
Danny

Stock Tranny. Are you interested Danny? Give me a call if you are, I now have several people who claim to be "very interested", but no one has put the cash on the table yet.

What is up with your car?

Will it pass Cal smog? If it does, then I'm interested. I'm just waiting to close escrow on our house [hopefully nlt 11-30].

Bump, The car is still available and will be at Ca Speedway JGTC Race on 12/18 if anyone want's to see it.

Price includes:

Vinny's Marga hills side skirts

Original Ivory seats in great condition

Extra hood with a small scratch (just waiting for a Dali scoop :wink: )

Full set of OEM brakes W/SS Lines and drilled rotors (claipers sand blasted and epoxy'd in Black off the car)

Everything else that is NSX in my garage such as:

3 1/2 pints Motul RBF 600 brake fluid
2 gallons Honda Coolant
Extra SC Belt
+ More.......

Craig said:
Just passed and new tags too.

Hi Craig,
My wife has given me the green to buy a NSX. Is it still available? Do you have the VIN, pictures and any performance numbers you can pass along? I'd like to see it this weekend, if possible.

Rob
619-517-7963cel
619-229-4755work

Wow! So it's been a year and now for some reason everyone wakes up and realizes what a smoking deal this is. :eek: I am literally being flooded with email from people who "want to buy the car" now.

I have accepted a deposit to purchase the car on Jan 8th from another well known memeber here on Prime. I do not expect this deal to fall through as he is a cash buyer and he is also a former owner of an almost identical car. Because of this I will not be driving the car to Cal Speedway today :frown:

However, because of my ill-fated experiences to date, I am accepting "full price" back up offers for those who wish to form a line in the event this purchase is not completed.

I am showing the car to the following people on Sunday and will honor their interest's in the following order if they wish:

1st in line - Rob "Onsoku"
2nd - Tim Lum
3rd - Gene Vanderpool

Those who emailed me last night will be responded to in the order which I received them and if the car is still available after Jan 8th will be contacted in that order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back