• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Formula Red NSX/45K Miles

Mandatory Information

Year and Model: 1991 NSX
Full VIN: JH4NA1150MT000098
Current Mileage: 44,794
Color (EXT/INT): Red/Black
Transmission: 5-Speed (Serial Number J4A4-1000222) Outside of snap ring defect range.
Location of Vehicle: Vancouver, WA
Price: $34,995.00 OBO

This is an early model NSX I purchased from another Prime Member back in 2007. It has basically been a garage queen since I purchased it and was rarely driven during the Northwest rainy season between October and May.

My new bride and I are working toward paying off our home so that we can retire soon. Alas, the NSX is now up for sale.

I am not entirely sure of the car's history prior to 2002. I suspect that I might be the fourth owner. The only damage I am aware of was a minor scape across the quarter panel behind the left wheel well and bumper cover. I had this repaired last year. There is no evidence that I have seen of any other damage to the car other than a minor scratch on the right rear wheel opening.

The vehicle is not entirely stock, but I have most of the original parts. I had Acura of Lynnwood install Comptech Headers and Exhaust in 2009. I did not retain the stock headers or exhaust. In 2011 I had them install a Comptech Supercharger and heavy duty clutch. I do have the original induction system if you would like those parts. They also updated all of the hoses, belts and fluids during this process (total cost ran close to $14K). The car was dyno'd and puts out a true 340 HP at the rear wheels.

In the interest of full disclosure, there are three issues a new owner might want to look into:

1. The SRS light illuminated a couple of months ago. I have not gone to the trouble or expense of figuring out how to correct this.
2. The oil pressure sending unit is funky. This is a common problem with early NSX's. I had the SOS aftermarket unit installed at the same time as the supercharger, but it still does not work like it should.
3. The cold idle is a little erratic. It fluctuates 200 RPMS or so at idle until the car is fully warm. I have been told this is not a vacuum leak, but likely some sort of worn sensor that probably needs to be replaced. The car passed state emissions testing with flying colors in April, so whether this is really an issue is up to personal preference.

I will call this a totally optional issue. It still has the original Bose stereo, and true to everything you have read, it sucks. The prior owner installed an amp located in the trunk, but it still sounds pretty crappy.

Aside from these minor issues, this has been the best car I have ever owned. Given that it is now 23 years old (assembled in July 1990) it is amazing how tight and reliable this car has been. And boy, does it still turn heads.

In 2012 I purchased a stock set of 16/17 seven-spoke wheels (gun-metal gray) through Prime. The car has Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport tires with just over 1K miles. I think this wheel and tire combination looks great, but I also have the original OEM 15"/16" 5-spoke wheels with Yokohama S-Drive tires in almost brand new condition.

In addition, I have an OEM car cover in great condition and also an OEM nose mask that has never been installed and is brand new.

I am having some technical issues with adding photos. I will gladly provide them upon request.

Last edited:
1991 NSX coupe Red/Black 5-Speed 45,887 JH4NA1150MT000098

Car Information
Year:
Type:
NSX coupe
Transmission:
5-Speed
Exterior color:
Red
Interior color:
Black
Odometer:
VIN:
JH4NA1150MT000098
Price:
$60,000.00

Car History
Title History:
Current title is clean. No known branded title history.
Accidents:
Yes
Owners:

Seller Information
Dealer:
No
e-mail preferred

Maintenance Information
Maintenance is current with documentation

Details
This is the same NSX advertised five years ago. At that time I decided I could not part with it and took it off the market. Having just bought a Shelby GT 350, I now have one too many cars and it seems like a good time to finally let her go. This car was purchased from a fellow Prime Member in March of 2007. This car is serial number 098 manufactured in July 1990. It is one of the earliest NSX vehicles built and shipped to the US. It is out of snap ring range. The car is in great condition. The "accident" was a minor 6 inch crease on the left quarter panel left by someone while the car was parked and unoccupied up in Seattle several years ago. The damage was repaired through insurance, so it might show up on a Car Fax. The repair was expertly done and it is virtually undetectable. The only mods are a Comptech Supercharger, Clutch, headers and exhaust. All installed by Lynnwood Acura between between 2009-2011. The interior is bone stock and includes the original mats and the Bose stereo. I have replaced the hydraulic struts on both the engine hatch and rear deck lid. The orginal 14"-15" wheels have been replaced with OEM 16"-17" wheels from a mid 1990's NSX. The original wheels, induction system are all available if you want them. The SRS light is on. I bought a used SRS unit and will include with car. No guarantee that this is the right fix. The car includes the OEM car cover and an OEM nose bra which has never been used. I would prefer to sell this car to another Prime Member and hopefully someone in the Pacific NW. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0299[1].jpg
    IMG_0299[1].jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 1,263
  • IMG_0300[1].jpg
    IMG_0300[1].jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_0302[1].jpg
    IMG_0302[1].jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,222
  • IMG_0304[1].jpg
    IMG_0304[1].jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 1,214
  • IMG_0316[1].jpg
    IMG_0316[1].jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 1,221
  • IMG_0313[1].jpg
    IMG_0313[1].jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,223
  • IMG_0317[1].jpg
    IMG_0317[1].jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 1,225
  • IMG_0318[1].jpg
    IMG_0318[1].jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 1,221
  • IMG_0319[1].jpg
    IMG_0319[1].jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 1,221
  • IMG_0320[1].jpg
    IMG_0320[1].jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 1,217
Last edited:
Hi Betanick, I see that your keeping your car. I don't blame you. It looks clean and very nice. I would have done the same thing, but if you ever looking to sell the car in the future let me know. I'm just across the river in Portland and would be interested when the time comes. Have fun.

Back