• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1994 acura nsx automatic rear passenger side axle

I believe HO 8166 is the part number for the Surtrack right side driveshaft. Do a little research on Surtrack - I don't know whether they are new or reman; but, they don't get a lot of warm and fuzzy reviews from NSX owners.

In this case, the price may truly be too good to be true.

The nsx half shafts are the same between MT and AT. The intermediate shaft for the AT shorter.

It is messy but not that difficult to rebuilt your half shaft

hi,thanks for the response, if I were to take it apart and have a mechanic rebuild it, what parts do I need to order? just the cv boot kit?thanks

It appears you have some sort of play in your axle: A new boot won't help any of that. Keep your old axle as OEM is hard to replace.

A first gen Legend axle can be robbed for parts, they are (or were) cheap and available. It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure everything but the outer CV cup will interchange.

Last edited:
so what do I need to get drew from the first gen legend? just the axle? which part do I need to get from the legend axle, yes when I used my hand to shake, it appears to sort of play from the shaft..

Worn or dislodged parts. You need to disassemble your existing axle to determine the issue.

If you are having a shop do the work it will prolly be cheaper to buy an axle for $500.

Back