• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1994 NSX Build Thread, 2005 -> Today

John- thanks to your many changes I somehow ended up with your old HREs and (soon) front fenders. Still have the Voltex IV wing or GT 5.1 :tongue:????

Anyways, your car is looking good but I doubt it's ever done, right?

PS.) How the hell did you get your car to pass smog???
Larry

Last edited:
You're nuts John. What's even more crazy is that this isn't the only NSX you've modded within that time. I recall the black one that you repaired and modified...

Went to the dynometer today, with a modified VVIS plate...

Removed this casting from inside of the intake manifold assembly:

vviscasting.jpg

To create this modified plate, and increase the volume of air inside of the intake plenum:

vvis.jpg

The car picked up significant torque gains, nearly 20rwtq across most of the rev range:

Scorp965PwrJuly09.JPG

Last edited:
Cool thread John and so nice to see all your past threads nicely collated into this one. Amazing the amount of changes you did and certainly can sympathize. Sometimes the journey is more fun than the destination.

Great build Mr Scorp. Btw is this APR or Voltex wing?

iphone%20004o.jpg

Thanks Scorp. It will be on my list this year. :biggrin:

This is an APR GTC-500, which was on the car for a few months (between the time the Voltex was ordered, and when it was delivered).

Seems like the spoiler legs on Danny's car are modified. Does not look like the one shown on SOS website.

holy crap Scorp! You're car's had more surgery then Michael Jackson. Your car def came out better looking and sounding than MJ :biggrin:. Great thread. Keep em coming.

Ed

Seems like the spoiler legs on Danny's car are modified. Does not look like the one shown on SOS website.

The problem you will discover is that APR didn't sell any of these GTC-500's for about a year; because of this, they actually lost the templates for the spoiler mounts, for the nsx.

I ordered my GTC-500 through vividracing, who had me drive over to APR three times to get new templates produced for the nsx. With these new templates, a new set of brackets could be formed.

The original APR brackets are very similar to those on the Taitec GT wing, a solid piece of machined metal. These are no longer available. The new brackets look like the thread I posted 'night photos in a park', with the car under yellow light shortly after my cluster was installed. This is about a week after APR produced the new nsx mounts, these are the current version that you would receive if you ordered this part new.

Overall height is lower than the Voltex, about the same height as the Taitec

FWIW, APR did not feel the nsx was wide enough for the GTC-500 without a widebody, they kept insisting on the GTC-300; I kept insisting back, and received the 500. Danny's car uses the GTC-500 with a fully custom spoiler mount/bracket.

Nice work.
The engine internals are stock; Correct ?
Along with the clutch ?
No problems with that HP/TQ ?

The internals are factory; the engine was disassembled, the rings and rod bearings were replaced, factory pistons are installed, along with ARP hardware (head studs and rod bolts) and MLS (Cometic) headgaskets.

The clutch is an RPS Stage 1, this was installed about 2000 miles ago, replacing a factory twin disc. The factory clutch was used with the supercharger, and the turbocharger, but had started to slip at high rpm (over 7500).

Amazing, I can see you really love your NSX .... great stuff, great looking NSX!
Oscar

Awesome thread Scorp! Now let's see what you did to your other (black) NSX??:biggrin:

How are you like the the current cluster you have?

That sounds like an abstract job-interview question :rolleyes:

The ST8130 is great, actual values for fuel level, oil pressure and temperature, and configurable warnings for values, as well as peak hold. It lets me know when the car is warmed up, and how long I can push it before I should start to let off. I was going to install the ST8110SR, but put a Blitz DTT DCIV on the SARD adapter panel instead - this provides me with current and peak boost levels, as well as providing automatic turbo timer functionality.

Back