• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1997 Acura NSX 97 Acura NSX-T

When was last timing belt service? Other maintenance?

Last year was taken to Gunn Acura in San Antonio for service and all they did was and oil change. They said everything look good in the car.

Nice looking car but your non-answer to my question does not inspire confidence. Buyers want to know the date of the
last timing belt change with a receipt to prove it. TB change is required at 90k miles or 6 years.
Otherwise $2,000 expense to do that one would be factored into the price. The 99 NSX I bought had $8k
of recent maintenance with receipts. Good luck with your sale but an NSX without proof of maintenance is a pig in the poke IMHO.
NSX is not cheap to maintain.

Common failures on 97 NSX which is 22 years old:

AC blower works only on high speed
Driver door doesn't open with key.
$900 to fix these first two
Warped front rotors $375 parts for this one, noticed shimmy while braking at 100mph, didn't run it up that high before purchase
Non functioning struts for trunk $150
Windshield washer doesn't work $40 for part and 8 hours of my labor taking off the front bumper
Replace tires $900
Leaks in rear lights several hours of my labor
Radio squeals when volume is changed, electric cleaner sort of fixed it, I was quoted $300 to fix by repair guy

This is what I found in my 99 after taking possession. It looked like new
in person before I bought it and a short PPI.

How long have you owned it?

Last edited:
Back