• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st Annual New Mexico NSX Fiesta: 29 June - 1 July, 2007

Fellow NSXers:

Please be sure to clear your calendars for the 1st Annual New Mexico NSX Fiesta! Occuring on 29 June-1 July in and around Albuquerque, the event will be centered around the Performance Driving Experience at Sandia Motorsports Park on Saturday the 30th. However, that's not all that's going on!

Here is a rundown of the events-

Friday, June 29th

NM NSX Fiesta Lunch Noon-1 p.m.
We will meet at the Owl Cafe just north of I-40 on Eubank Blvd to enjoy some of their world-famous green chili cheeseburgers!

Run for the Crest 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
After lunch, we depart down old Route 66 into Tijeras canyon east of Albuquerque. From there, we head north to Cedar Crest and finally up the Sandia Crest road, which tops out at over 10,400 feet above sea level. The spectacular vista at the top allows visitors to see hundreds of miles in a panoramic 360-degree view of the southwestern U.S.. After some time for photo ops, we head back down the twisty road and back into Albuquerque.

Happy Hour / Dinner
I will attempt to gain reserved parking spaces at one of the westside's newest eateries.....Whisque. Built on top of the hill overlooking Montano and Coors Rd., it has a spectacular view of the whole city and is quickly becoming one of the most popular hangouts in town. We'll grab some tables and talk cars, while eating some great food.
http://www.whisque.com

Saturday, June 30th

Sandia Road Race/Performance Driving Experience @ Sandia Motorsports Park
http://www.rgrscca.org/club/2007_wsr.html

Please see the supplemental regs for more info!

Basically, we're going to be having some fun out at the track in a non-competitive environment designed to familiarize all of us with our cars and how they/we perform at the limit. Instructors will be riding along, and it should be a lot of fun! Oh, I forgot to mention that we're sharing the track with the local Ferrari Club!

Event is run by Spencer (NSXT here on Prime).

Sunday, July 1st

Santa Fe/Jemez Drive
We begin the day at noon, meeting at the Flying Star Cafe at the northeast corner of Corrales Rd. and Alameda/528 for lunch. From there, we'll take a scenic tour of Corrales and work our way up to NM 528 to Bernalillo. From there, it's the highway up into the Jemez and eventually into Los Alamos. On the way, we'll drive through some gorgeous canyons and stop for photos at the Valles Caldera. From Los Alamos, it's on into Santa Fe for a lap around the "Square" and then back to Albuquerque just in time for.......

Farewell BBQ
Don.Lakotish has graciously offered to host a BBQ at his house for the evening. Please ask him if there is anything that he would like for you to bring along. Directions to Don's house will be forthcoming, but it is in Rio Rancho (NW of Albuquerque).

Well, that's it! Please let me know if you have any questions. Also, please let me know if you are planning on attending and/or what events you plan on being at.

Chuck
[email protected]

:smile:

Last edited:
Update on the event........

Thanks to the gracious work of a fellow NSXer (PSBNSX) we might have T-shirts for all participants! :smile:

That's right!

If all goes well I'll pick up the T-shirts next Thursday. What's an event without a souvenir?

Philippe

I am getting realy pumped up now. This will be a great weekend of events.

I think I'll fly from Dubai to participate if that's okay with you guys? LOL :)

Can't wait to pick up the car Chuck!

Cheers,
Cameron

Wow! Looks like a great event. How many people will you guys have there?

We're definitely coming Chuck. Looking forward to it. If we can get a couple of tee shirts as well that would be great. XXL and M sizes. The M is for me of course!! :biggrin:

Awesome pics...I had no idea how green New Mexico was. Sure beats all the sand we have out here in Vegas...=)

Levi

Back