• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st Annual NSX Shootout Update June 3rd-6th

burnbubber.gif

:eek: :eek:

I was going to stop by and spectate for 1/4 mile racing, and Im curious if anyone knows the times/dates of that event. I havent seen any schedules posted and I DEINFATLY dont want to miss it!

*edit* Nevermind, it always helps to read the first post! =)

Last edited:
I stopped by the stip to watch the 1/4 mile racing last night. I was expecting to see quite a few NSX's, but after an hour FactorX's was the only one I saw. After stopping and talking to him on my way out it sounded like a lot of people backed out =/ I dunno all the details though.

NetViper said:
That is sad to hear. I thought a lot of people were going??:confused:
I think he meant a lot of NSXr's backed out of running their cars at the drag strip. I know there were around 30 people that had already come by Friday morning. Don't know any more than that though.

Oh. They probably saw the factor X car and decided running the 1/4 against it would not be a good idea.

So I guess we will never know which FI solution is faster :)

Just heard from Sig. No other FI systems showed up. :confused: :( Sig will post a report later today when he can get to an internet connection, but here's a teaser: The FX car was the fastest car at the track, and it will all be on TV. There was even a camera man in the passanger seat for one run (trap = 129mph).

KGP said:
Just heard from Sig. No other FI systems showed up. :confused: :( Sig will post a report later today when he can get to an internet connection, but here's a teaser: The FX car was the fastest car at the track, and it will all be on TV. There was even a camera man in the passanger seat for one run (trap = 129mph).

Wow, 129! That is fast! And I am assuming the other runs were even faster? What was the time? How much HP was it making?

KGP said:
Just heard from Sig. No other FI systems showed up. :confused: :(

You have got to be kidding me!!! All types of trashing talking going to and nobody sporting an FI system wanted to put up?
I am glad I didn't fly out expecting to be overwhelmed by the number of cars out there competing for bragging rights. Guess that just goes to show who has the rights now then. :D

C'mon guys, where were you?

Report: FactorX shootout coming to a Spike TV near you.

Alright, the shootout turned in to a.... well... a one system show. None of the non-Factor X FI cars showed up:(

So the FactorX car was the only one on display.

Backround..... it was Africa hot yesterday... the day before and today for that matter. 105+ degrees and we are at roughly 2000 elevation out here. The FX car dyno'ed at 591 or so in these conditions during the early afternoon.

I finally got to drive my car too, didn't dyno because it was just running off the wastegate spring at low boost, but it was damn fast! If it wasn't for some issues with my new brakes (Arghhh!), I would have been able to run it that night as well.

Fast forward to the Vegas 1/4 mile event that night. Spike TV was filming for one of their shows..... and there is a ton of NSX footage shot, including an in car 1/4 run that with a 129 trap speed. Should be neat to see on screen... they also did an interview with FactorX guys. The scary part of all their runs was that they were dropping boost in 3rd and 4th gear due to the coolant hoses obstructing the throttle body. So, once they get their steel braided lines in there, their top-end will only improve. Nonetheless, all runs were deep 11s... 11.2 to 11.6 or so. All this in not exactly ideal atmsopheric conditions. With cooler air and their boost issue worked out, 10's will not be a problem for this car. I wonder if they will ever get truly crazy and add nitrous. Hard to imagine. To give you an idea of what other cars were running, new GT-3 with a fairly strong dirver, best I saw = 12.88 at 108or 109mph. He edged out a SRT-10 Viper in his race. Both cars are much faster..... makes me rather curious how the FX car would do in cooler air at sea level:eek:

Last edited:
Interesting moments that I recall:

1)Steve from Hawaii hops in the FX NSX at 1:45am without ever touching the car before and rips off an 11.9 at 123mph. That was crazy, especially considering the fact that boost was impaired on the top end.

2) A rival Las Vegas tuner to FX lost his cool after losing to Mikey (who had the extra weight of a passenger at the time) He was yelling in the pits for over an hour afterwards.... classic.

3) A turbo CRX caught fire on the track after blowing a rod out of her car. She used to get here tuning done at FX, but chose to save some money and went elsewhere for her lastest set-up... oops.

4) Mikey in the FX NSX getting nosed out at the line by a bke e(either an R1 or R6).... the entire crowd was on their feet for that one. Mikey was reeling him in, but not being to hold full boost prevented him from passing.

5) Not seeing any of the street cars trap above 120mph except the FX NSX.... this list would include 3 or 4 turbo Supras, 4 or 5 of the new Mustang Cobras, a bunch of turbo DSM's and MR2's, Porsche Gt3, New Viper SRT-10, Turbo Integras + Civics, Turbo 350z, and a bunch of f-bodies.

6) Seeing the FX NSX get the lowest ET of all the street cars out that night. There was one vette on full slicks that looked pretty fast, but he elected not to show times. I'm sure it would have been close with him though.

6) Meeting some folks on the forums previously only known by their handle to me.... hope to see guys again soon.

KGP said:

I know when I was watching they were mentioning Spike TV walking around interviewing people. It would be cool to see it from his camera. If only I had a video camera - great view from the stands!

Curious...who is the younger guy I talked to who said his car was having problems with the syncro out in the parking lot?

Sig said:
Interesting moments that I recall:...
A few things I recall from the phone conversation with Sig:

1)The in-car camera man might just have a black eye. :eek: :D I guess he asked Mikey to short-shift going from 1st to 2nd, and still caught a good impact from the camera eye piece. That was the 129 trap.

2) That it is damn dissapointing no other FI systems were there to dyno. Would have given us a good look at true comparisons of systems (for power), being that all dyno's would have been done on the same day, same dyno. When FX's dyno broke down on the way to XPO, there sure was some talk then.

3) that someone took some footage with a camcorder. Maybe that will show-up soon.

There was one vette on full slicks that looked pretty fast, but he elected not to show times. I'm sure it would have been close with him though.
Ha, wonder how the Vette forums would defend that one. :D

Sig said:

2) A rival Las Vegas tuner to FX lost his cool after losing to Mikey (who had the extra weight of a passenger at the time) He was yelling in the pits for over an hour afterwards.... classic.
Who was the guy pissed at? Himself?

Last edited:
What to be a reporter for us Sig.:D I too have ridden in the FX500 car and was blown away by its ability. Hard to imagine that car having more in it than they showed me.
As for the fact that NO other NSX sellers/installers of FI systems showed up says a little something. :eek:

As Gene states
When FX's dyno broke down on the way to XPO, there sure was some talk then

it seems like there was a LOT of talking then but where is everyone now? There was plenty of notice given.... :rolleyes:
Like the saying goes, 'Talk is cheap'.

92NSX said:
What to be a reporter for us Sig.:D I too have ridden in the FX500 car and was blown away by its ability. Hard to imagine that car having more in it than they showed me.
As for the fact that NO other NSX sellers/installers of FI systems showed up says a little something. :eek:

Exactly what does it say?

As Gene states

it seems like there was a LOT of talking then but where is everyone now? There was plenty of notice given.... :rolleyes:
Like the saying goes, 'Talk is cheap'. [/B]

So is staying N/A :rolleyes:

Armando

Ah Armando, I was wondering how long it would take for you to have something nice to say to me. Been a long time huh.:D

It says that while all of the other FI builders/installers/customers say how they have this and they have that, I have bigger dyno #'s than you do yada yada. Well when it comes time for everyone to get together and settle it, nobody shows up. :confused:
C'mon now, you installed the BBSC on your car by yourself so you surely now what I meant by my post.

You are right, NA is cheap. At least I don't have pulley problems. :mad:

Back