• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2 questions for targa owners

I was going to post a poll but then I realized I don't know how. Anyway targa owners, question 1) how often does your roof come down? and 2) has anyone ever stored their roof in the trunk?

I took the top off for about 15 minutes of So. Cal. sun and it was too darn hot. The top of my head felt like it was sizzling. Pulled over and quickly put the top back on. Might be fun to remove the top on a cruise on a hot evening!! Maybe a hat would help - give AC and I'm fine. Stored it in the T-Top storage compartment.

T Top

The top is stored about 50% of the time I use the car (thank you SoCal) and I store it in the T top storage area. I've never tried to fit it in the trunk, WHY??? :confused:

fangtl said:
I was going to post a poll but then I realized I don't know how.
When you start a new thread, there is an option that says:

Post a poll: Yes! post a poll
Number of options initally: (Maximum: 10)

If you check that box, it then allows you to enter the number of options you have specified.

I drive with the top off all the time. I do not drive the car in the rain. I put the top in the targa storage area.

Again, why would someone store it in the trunk? :confused:

Mike

1) I take off my roof panel whenever the weather is at least 70 degrees and I'll be driving for at least 30 minutes. In other words, most of the time I drive my NSX (I love L.A...or, should I say, living in L.A. near the beach).

Actually, I haven't taken off my roof panel during most of our canyon drives because I've had bad experiences when doing so (too hot under the direct sun, too cool and breezy under the marine layer). And I probably won't take off the roof whenever I shoot in-car video.

Also, it's best not to get caught in The Valley with the top off...I've been stuck in traffic on the 101 in 90+ degree weather (why I didn't take the coastal route was beyond me).

2) I've never put it in the trunk (and don't see any reason too since I don't mind keeping my engine covered)

I've only taken mine off once and I've had my car about 2 months, but for most of that time we kept having rain. I plan to take it off this weekend. :cool:

I take my roof out all the time, day & night. I don't drive my NSX in the rain. I store the roof in the trunk because I removed my engine cover. I do wrap a blanket around it to keep it from bouncing around and getting dinged up.

every chance I get

My office is 4 miles from my home, and when I get out of work, I'll rip the top off, throw it in the storage area and ride home with a smile on (weather permitting). I see no reason to use the trunk, it's for other stuff:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I take my roof out all the time, day & night.

The weather has been particularly nice around here for night time roof-off drives. Just last weekend I enjoyed such a drive.

Since I have had nothing but convertibles for the past 4 years, getting my NSX with the targa option was essential. I am addicted to top down driving.

I ride with the top off as often as I possibly can. Even when it is too hot to do it, I will often pull it off.

When I get my third beater car soon, the top may never go back on it during Spring/Summer/Fall since I will only be driving it when it is not raining. :D

RR

"I like my NSX the way I like my women... fast, sexy, and topless." ;)

I don't take the roof off as much anymore. I only do it when there is little to no sun. These past summer nights have been great!

I either store it in the engine cover area, or I just wrap it in a banklet and leave it at home (only when I do some point A to point A driving).

i know someone that used to drive with top off 100% of the time

top off for me depends on whether i'm doing freeway or local driving.

don't wanna mess up my hair.....:D

and no, i never put my targa in the trunk.....why do that when i can store it in the targa compartment.

Actually, I haven't taken off my roof panel during most of our canyon drives because

I don't take mine off during canyon runs because I feel a little unsafe. (Plus it's usually HOT!)

It's almost always off at night. But it all depends on my passenger as well. If my daughter is with me, she wants it off at all times when it's not hot. Even when it's cold outside, she wants it off! (Just like her big daddy. :))

1) I try to drive with the roof off as much as possible. Since I don't drive my car in the rain, and it doesn't rain here much, that's quite often!! :)

2) Like most other NSX-T owners, I store it in it's holder

-Randy

i dont have a T....but my convertible is down about 90% of time....as longgggg as there isn't any rain!!!! if i have a T, it would be down 100% of the time....i am a sun lover!!!!

I take mine off every once in a while. Usually at home when we do so, and I put it in the laundry room until we get back.

Does your wife complain about how it messes her hair up? Do I need to buy her a cap? Please note this is a wife only question --- girlfriends do not complain until after they are married.

I keep my roof out from may to october, unless I get caught in the rain. It stays stored in its holder. I made an NSX "hat" out of a car cover which covers the greenhouse, but not the rest of the car. I put that on when i park it in the sun at work.

I origionally wanted a convertible, but settled for a targa.

Off most of the time... I like to hear the engine more than the CD player :D

The Palomar run last weekend was a little toasty, but you can still run A/C on the toes. :cool:

Back