• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

20 October ALMS - Laguna Seca Update

Particularly I was interested in specific things for OUR group. Like Friday's lunch details, saturday, sunday, etc etc. Or should I be receiving the NSXCA Car Corral intinarary (still can't spell) in the mail here any day???? Of course if one exists.

So far, I know there are events all 3 days. Parade lap on sunday at a certain time. Saturday racing. And friday lunch at an unknown time and place. I also assume, Car corral all 3 days, and our special VIP area access all 3 days.

I was interested in the things specifically for us those 3 days.

Particularly I was interested in specific things for OUR group. Like Friday's lunch details, saturday, sunday, etc etc. Or should I be receiving the NSXCA Car Corral intinarary (still can't spell) in the mail here any day???? Of course if one exists.

So far, I know there are events all 3 days. Parade lap on sunday at a certain time. Saturday racing. And friday lunch at an unknown time and place. I also assume, Car corral all 3 days, and our special VIP area access all 3 days.

I was interested in the things specifically for us those 3 days.

The tickets are good for all three days, we have infield parking all three day, Acura will be providing food on Friday and Saturday only. All of the NSX club focused events will be on Saturday. The only event that I have a time for at this point is the parade lap which will be about 11:30. If you go to the Laguna-Seca website our parade lap is the same one as the Ferrari parade lap.

Once I have a schedule from Acura and IMSA I will post it here.

Tom

I have a few tickets available from people that are finding out that the now have conflicts and will not be able to make the event. If you are interesting in attending the biggest NSX party on the west coast this year and having your picture taken in your car going around the premier race track in the country, contact me directly.

Tom Kohrs
NW Region Rep.
NSXCA
96-T Red/Black

I'm just attending Sat so I'll be driving down to Laguna Seca from Mt. Hamilton, San Jose. Anyone else driving down from the South Bay that day? What time might you suggest leaving? Thanks, --twc

I'm just attending Sat so I'll be driving down to Laguna Seca from Mt. Hamilton, San Jose. Anyone else driving down from the South Bay that day? What time might you suggest leaving? Thanks, --twc

I will be leaving from San Jose early Saturday morning. Sounds like we need to create a thread for a San Jose-Seca caravan.

I am in south san jose as well (bernal area). I am thinking about leaving around 6:00 am on Saturday. Caravan sound like a good idea :).

Bill, 3:30 AM for you that is early. Are you thinking of doing a wild run before the CHIPs wake up.. :)

-Nat

Last edited:
Why so early? The first race doesn't start till almost 11 a.m. (The race schedule is here, although the schedule for Acura hospitality events hasn't been posted yet.)

I will be picking my brother up near Capitol/101... but what time does the gate open at Laguna Seca?... I suggest that we leave earlier enough to get there before the gate opens...

So I'm just interested in the parade lap and the main race which is much later in the day. Would traffic still be heavy after 10:00 or so?

I will be leaving from San Jose early Saturday morning. Sounds like we need to create a thread for a San Jose-Seca caravan.

OK, how about the following....no need to start a new thread.

Meet at the Walmart / Luckys Supermartket Parking lot in South San Jose 6:15 AM 5502 Monterey Rd San Jose Ca, 95138
Leave no later than 6:45AM we should have no problem getting to Laguna Seca by 8:00AM.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...1082&sspn=0.123768,0.270538&ie=UTF8&z=10&om=1

Use the following links to find this Walmart.

From Danville:
From East Bay:

From The Peninsula Hwy 101:

From The Peninsula Hwy 280:

For those that are still interested in caravaning there but don't want to leave so early...how about a second departure time of 9:30 AM.

When you Add your name to the list below just note the time you prefer to leave by:

1. NSFRBLX 6:15am
2. racer-ex 6:15am

Last edited:
I was thinking of leaving San Jose around 9:00 a.m. No problem with driving on my own. (And that way I won't embarrass a bunch of NSXs by having my crappy rental car tag along!)

I was thinking of leaving San Jose around 9:00 a.m. No problem with driving on my own. (And that way I won't embarrass a bunch of NSXs by having my crappy rental car tag along!)

Ken,

You are welcome to join us on the ride down. Bring your radio just in case you change your mind. I'll look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Carlos

BTW I'm going to start a seperate thread for the caravan down...

We also need to start a caravan from the Sacramento area for those of us heading down on Thursday morning.

I'll send an email to the group list.

The tickets are good for all three days, we have infield parking all three day, Acura will be providing food on Friday and Saturday only. All of the NSX club focused events will be on Saturday. The only event that I have a time for at this point is the parade lap which will be about 11:30. If you go to the Laguna-Seca website our parade lap is the same one as the Ferrari parade lap.

Once I have a schedule from Acura and IMSA I will post it here.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Any word on when the tickets will be mailed out?

Thanks,

C

I just emailed everyone that I have confirmed ticket orders for one last address check before I put the tickets in the mail. Please check that the address in the email is correct. I will be taking them to the post office tomorrow or Monday at the lastest. Everyone should have their tickets by the end of next week.

Tom

I may be canceling, will notify by monday or sunday night. So 2 tickets might be available soon.

NSXCA guys, is there an actually demand for these currently?

Tk now has control of my 2 tickets. I hope whoever gets them REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoys their weekend at laguna. Things for me at this very moment just aren't as good as I was hoping and I have a feeling my situation will carry over to ALMS weekend.

as a matter of fact, I am kicking myself in the @ss as I write this. :( Have a wonderful ALMS weekend boys!

Back