• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2001 Berlina Black Respray

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys a buddy of mine wants his whole car re-sprayed OEM black so I said ummmm... OK we will make this car look brand new this car is a 2001 with 40K miles nice and minty
but I can make it better. we have already done headers and Pride V2 Exhaust this thing screams, we have added DF airintake and CF glass engine air intake.
added CF 02+ lower rear and front lip I thought it looked great... but we can make it better. more pics to come

here are a couple for your viewing pleasure

2013-09-25_14-10-12_968.jpg

2013-09-25_14-10-44_648.jpg

no 02+ conversion?

Guys a buddy of mine wants his whole car re-sprayed OEM black so I said ummmm... OK we will make this car look brand new this car is a 2001 with 40K miles nice and minty
but I can make it better. we have already done headers and Pride V2 Exhaust this thing screams, we have added DF airintake and CF glass engine air intake.
added CF 02+ lower rear and front lip I thought it looked great... but we can make it better. more pics to come

here are a couple for your viewing pleasure

View attachment 105986

View attachment 105987

no he likes the pop-ups I keep telling him to atleast do 02+ sideskirts and keep everything else

car is completely disassembled sent hood off for paint it needs to meet OCD standards then I will send the other parts. will update this thread soon.
have other NSX's here that have high priority LOL

what is a cf glass engine air intake . any pics

..........OK we will make this car look brand new this car is a 2001 with 40K miles nice and minty but I can make it better...........

Very nice, a 40k mile 2001, keep it close to OEM and then surely all you can do is detail that thing to hell and back ... rim refurb, wetsand the paintwork, feed and water the interior and clean and dress the chassis ... should end up mintier than a minty thing!

I have to ask, what are the other urgetn NSX projects?

And when you going to get the Avengers kit replicated and installed?

i missed this... a 40k mile car for a complete stripdown and repaint?

Very nice, a 40k mile 2001, keep it close to OEM and then surely all you can do is detail that thing to hell and back ... rim refurb, wetsand the paintwork, feed and water the interior and clean and dress the chassis ... should end up mintier than a minty thing!

I have to ask, what are the other urgetn NSX projects?

And when you going to get the Avengers kit replicated and installed?

ok I have 2 black NSX builds currently so I had to update this one also all panels are at shop for paint

pretty boring pics sorry

2013-11-25_12-27-08_577.jpg

I was thinking the same thing!:confused: A good detail job would of bring it back to minty condition.:wink:
My thoughts as well - surprised that a car that new and low mileage would need a repaint. Quite honestly, if I was buying the car the repaint would be a red flag to me that there was an undisclosed crash.

no prior damage there were flaws in the paint and scratches from external means LOL
I told him this car doesnt need to be painted I told him I would love to have his paint job.

I only do what the customer wants ya know

the paint guys even said if this was their car they would NOT paint it. the owner use to own a custom shop and he has done show cars and not a single flaw in any of his other cars.
so I can see where he is coming from the factory paint on the NSX is garbage compared to other exotics.

maybe calling the factory paint garbage is a little extreme. what I was meaning is that you shouldnt see orange peel on a high end car esp. the top of the line honda has to offer.

thats why most car companies now add pearl to most of there paints to hide the factory orange peel.

lol shawn stop giving Joe mal di stomico otherwise known as agita!:biggrin:

maybe calling the factory paint garbage is a little extreme. what I was meaning is that you shouldnt see orange peel on a high end car esp. the top of the line honda has to offer.

thats why most car companies now add pearl to most of there paints to hide the factory orange peel.

Let's see... Wrong and Wrong.:rolleyes:

lol shawn stop giving Joe mal di stomico otherwise known as agita!:biggrin:

Not me Doc. I'm a ulcer giver not a ulcer getter.:biggrin:

factory = orange peel = CORRECT

I don't have the years of expertise like Pbassjo but all the NSX's that have come thru my shop that were original no damage ALL have had orange peel from factory. = CORRECT

have a great turkey day guys

some cars do some cars dont most 91-94 formula red have absolutely no orange peel then i have seen some berlina black with orange peel

but it is more of a dimple effect than orange peel

Back