• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Headlights with a 91 -2001 Bumper!! Is this Possible?

That was easy.....now where's our picture of the naked lady:confused: :D :eek:

notslow said:
Why not just get this?
attachment.php

I think I want to get this; FYI, Chris..SOS.

Tan

I have seen many 2002 bumpers, but I love the way it looks with the 91-2001 bumper. Specially with these clear lenses! There is something about it. Damn it looks nice!! GREAT JOB SPINNER!! Thank You!! If anyone know of someone in San Diego, Los Angeles or even Phoenix Arizona area that can do something like this to my car let me know!! Thank You

Not crazy its your taste. I prefer aftermarket bumper (much cleaner without extra indicators.)and 02+ lights, the old flip up lights look dated.

I just like the way it looks! It is mostly because of the way it looks with the bottom 91-01 bumper! I like the way it looks much better than the 2002 bottom that has that Angled Shape. Also being able to put the Wings West front bottom spoiler would look even better!

S D NSX said:
Opinions on 91-01 bumper with clear signal lights, and 2002 headlights! What do you guys think, am I crazy or would you go for the G.T Bumper instead?

You could also make use of the clear signal lights as HID foglights.:D

bumper ???????
does anyone know how to fill the holes in for the extra turn lens or is this not even possable?

Ken in Forums Picture Gallery section look at where it says Pan NSX Makeover! He says there that he mo0lded his bumper signal lights He also has a website www.pansx.com you might want to ask him how he did that!

if you're talking about the "side marker" on the frontal portion of the fender; those can be filled in. with an welder; a sheet of aluminum can be cut to patch in the hole, and welded shut. after a bit of grinding; and maybe a thin coat of bondo to smooth things out; a fresh coat of paint ... you should be good to go...

if you're talking about the "side marker"

or if your talking about the indicators on the lower section of the front bumper which are not needed after the 02+ light upgrade, you can fibreglass the holes over (or the crash repair shop)

A dream come true! 91 to 02 now 9102(10-1)

I just bought an extra repairable 91 Upper Front Bumper Cover.
I hate my pop up headlights, as much as i hate Supra’s period.

Guys you can bank on this, I WILL make this work!!!
Its not impossible, and indeed very doable. Especially for those already willing to drop near $2Grand for just 2002 headlights alone.

I will keep everyone posted as it happens....

ajnsx said:
Not crazy its your taste. I prefer aftermarket bumper (much cleaner without extra indicators.)and 02+ lights, the old flip up lights look dated.

Amen. Try having barn-door flipups like my MR2 has. At least the NSX flip-ups are a bit more subtle, but starting to look dated none-the-less.

Last edited:
If someone here can complete this, I'd love to see a ballpark price. I wonder if the look is really worth the coin.

Also, for you PS kings, I'd love to see that in black (with or with the clear turnsignals)

color change

does anyone know how to change the car color and repost i would love to see this in yellow. it would help me make up my mind.

I’ll throw my 2 cents in on this. I’m having ’02 lights added to a Comptech Widebody kit. As you may know the Comptech Widebody kit is made for pop up lights. This is a big big change. I thought I could change just the lights, the hood, a few brackets, do a little fiberglass work, and be finished in a couple of weeks. My car has been in the shop since July just for the headlights. There are changes in the bumper structure and supports so it’s very hard to mix old parts with new parts. It seems that if you’re going to do it the best move is to go all the way and buy all the new parts. Probably about $5,000. I’d also recommend that you only let a shop that’s done this before do it to yours. If I would have stayed with the pop-up lights I could have been driving my car all summer long.

My case is a little extreme because I’m not sure that anybody else has done the full ’02 treatment to a Comptech kit. But I’m starting to regret this decision. I know the body guy regrets it! On the plus side, I think I’ll have the only Midnight Pearl Comptech Widebody.

Attachments

• Dcp_0171.jpg
    Dcp_0171.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 715
Don't forget to add the deep bevel that you see on 2002+ bumpers, or the beam will be cut-off on the bottom.

Cheers,
-- Chris

PorknBeanz said:
I’ll throw my 2 cents in on this. I’m having ’02 lights added to a Comptech Widebody kit. As you may know the Comptech Widebody kit is made for pop up lights. This is a big big change. I thought I could change just the lights, the hood, a few brackets, do a little fiberglass work, and be finished in a couple of weeks. My car has been in the shop since July just for the headlights. There are changes in the bumper structure and supports so it’s very hard to mix old parts with new parts. It seems that if you’re going to do it the best move is to go all the way and buy all the new parts. Probably about $5,000. I’d also recommend that you only let a shop that’s done this before do it to yours. If I would have stayed with the pop-up lights I could have been driving my car all summer long.

My case is a little extreme because I’m not sure that anybody else has done the full ’02 treatment to a Comptech kit. But I’m starting to regret this decision. I know the body guy regrets it! On the plus side, I think I’ll have the only Midnight Pearl Comptech Widebody.

Here are some updated picts of the Cantrell GT Series bumper. If you're looking for something that looks and fits like it could have came from the factory, this may be a good option:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/GT-Series/front_bumper/

gtseries_450.jpg

gtseries_bumper_750.jpg

We also offer the 2002 headlight conversion package which includes all the factory parts (headlights, HID, bulbs, bumper beam support, brackets) as well as custom brackets we have designed to fit the 2002 lights on an earlier car.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back