• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Imola at Sherway Acura - Ontario

Guys, I'm aiming to pick up my car out of storage this weekend.

I'm going to spend a week getting it all ready, then I need to list it or trade it on a diff car.

I really need to sell it, so giddy up, you know you all need an 02 with a CTSC plus tons of other fun bits stuffed in it!!!

The car is fantastic and perfectly sorted.

THREAD JACK ! :wink:

Title "2002 Imola at Sherway Acura - Ontario"

Dave this thread is about cool Imola NSX's :cool:

Good fortune in moving your yellow NSX and hope to see you back in one in the near future.

Co'mon Neil - you know that in the Cdn forum the threads all blur together!

You're an honourary Canadian. Living so close and with your love of Cdn beer and smoking Cubans in a parking lot full of NSXs. Fun times!

Your dad's is pushing you to buy him a car?

Not for him, it'd be for me but I've been complaining about wanting an NSX for a while and that it had to be orange...I think he's pushing a bit more since that means he can have the EL back over the summer haha.

Tough decision...NSX vs the EL.

I'd stick with the EL and make him suffer. :|

Posted from my iPhone

Not for him, it'd be for me but I've been complaining about wanting an NSX for a while and that it had to be orange...I think he's pushing a bit more since that means he can have the EL back over the summer haha.

lol what a jump from an el to and nsx i say..but if funds permit id say do it....

mines now for sale at Sherway! :tongue: go for it!!

I saw your NSX at Acura Sherway this weekend. They put those TSW's on (definitely not my taste).

I was there trying to get a new DD...getting rid of the 08 Si for an 07 TL type S. :smile:

Maybe I should see Bio Bankers car.... the idea of NSX/GT3/Z06 keeps swaying back and fourth...

I saw your NSX at Acura Sherway this weekend. They put those TSW's on (definitely not my taste).

I was there trying to get a new DD...getting rid of the 08 Si for an 07 TL type S. :smile:

Maybe I should see Bio Bankers car.... the idea of NSX/GT3/Z06 keeps swaying back and fourth...

The NSX you saw, was once mine and Chris took awesome care of it and is a good buy for sure, and I've got a GT3 now. The 2 cars are so completely different. Drive both. You'll love either, but they are as different as a cheerleader and a stripper. Can't speak to a Z06.

If you're looking for an NSX - that one is a great one to grab & will go quick. Biobanker's will go fast (he's already got a couple informal offers before it's for sale officially). It's the best sorted track prepped car in the country. Nearly GT3 performance in the body of an NSX. That may be your answer if you can't decide.

Last edited:
Its a world of difference i can tell you that. first off its newer so everything feels...well..newer. :tongue:

Secondly, the pick up is very noticable. the factory exhaust is very quiet compared to my ARK exhaust. that sound i do miss. The suspension is softer which can be good and bad. The NA2 has power steering which is a nice feature for weaklings like me.

The targa is a great feature for sunny days, BUT you can feel the body flex slightly. :frown: this is one thing i dont like. IF you want a track car the coupe is the way to go. I guess with the proper bracing, you can stiffen the body more.

Overall i am very happy with my Imola. Its really a give and take between a coupe and targa. It would have been nice to have a stiffer suspension but i guess that can always be delt with later. (KW v3???)

I detailed it today with 3 dozen Q tips and soap. the trunk now has all dust and dirt removed. I will be swapping out the faded carpet with new carpet as well as the pillar garish, both driver and passenger side. I finally found out how to remove that damn garnish that usually breaks when removing it.

Word of advice, remove the fuse panal and get your head behind to take a look. you will see the barbed white plastic tab that holds this garnish on. it passes through a metal brace. try and cut the tab off if you want to remove the garnish. Its less costly to buy a new barb then to buy a new lower garish.

I just got some other goodies also. my Zanardi shifter stalk, titanium knob and short shifter linkage as well as my NSX type-R shifter boot. In the next month the car will look brand new inside. All thats left is my BBK and i should be done with this one till next spring.

P.S did i mention i love this damn color!!!!:biggrin: GOD it looks beautiful in the sun!

Hey

Good to hear that your enjoying your na2 nsx....and did your old na1 have any powersteering?

I see you arent waiting to enjoy the car as is but starting to mod the nsx....:smile:...i guess there will always be things that can be upgraded i guess...

Its a world of difference i can tell you that.

first off its newer so everything feels...well..newer. :tongue:

Secondly, the pick up is very noticable. the factory exhaust is very quiet compared to my ARK exhaust. that sound i do miss. The suspension is softer which can be good and bad. The NA2 has power steering which is a nice feature for weaklings like me.

The targa is a great feature for sunny days, BUT you can feel the body flex slightly. :frown: this is one thing i dont like. IF you want a track car the coupe is the way to go. I guess with the proper bracing, you can stiffen the body more.

Overall i am very happy with my Imola. Its really a give and take between a coupe and targa. It would have been nice to have a stiffer suspension but i guess that can always be delt with later. (KW v3???)

I detailed it today with 3 dozen Q tips and soap. the trunk now has all dust and dirt removed. I will be swapping out the faded carpet with new carpet as well as the pillar garish, both driver and passenger side. I finally found out how to remove that damn garnish that usually breaks when removing it.

Word of advice, remove the fuse panal and get your head behind to take a look. you will see the barbed white plastic tab that holds this garnish on. it passes through a metal brace. try and cut the tab off if you want to remove the garnish. Its less costly to buy a new barb then to buy a new lower garish.

I just got some other goodies also. my Zanardi shifter stalk, titanium knob and short shifter linkage as well as my NSX type-R shifter boot. In the next month the car will look brand new inside. All thats left is my BBK and i should be done with this one till next spring.

P.S did i mention i love this damn color!!!!:biggrin: GOD it looks beautiful in the sun!

That body flex with the roof off is very easy to get rid of.

Pick up a set of NSX-R Chassis bars; it'll be gone.

I have them installed in my car and it fixed that flex immediately.

Its a world of difference i can tell you that. first off its newer so everything feels...well..newer. :tongue:

I sometimes visit friends in that area...I want to take a look at it when I come through!! :p Haha, either way congratulations for sure, glad you're enjoying it!

Since you got the Orange one, I'm probably just going to continue with my plans to buy a larger house, probably better since it'll be easier to store the NSX when I finally get one!

aha!!! That was you that was interested in buying the 02??? The salesman mentioned to me that someone in Ottawa was interested. i just assumed he was B.s.ing!! :tongue:

As for the bigger house??? dont you mean bigger garage? :wink:

Power assist steering is pretty cool too for putting around the parking lots, I do agree the newer cars feel way 'newer' then the older ones. As Dave mentioned too get a set of NSX-R front bars (lower and front rad), and maybe even the maybe upgrade the rear RTSB to something better. I'm running Tein Monoflex + EDFC, & rear NSX-R anti-sway bar great combination love the way it makes the car feel more tighter and precise.

Can't wait till you get your mods done... waiting for a nice cruise day. Mine is still behind 30ft wall of snow... soon... real soon I hope...

aha!!! That was you that was interested in buying the 02??? The salesman mentioned to me that someone in Ottawa was interested. i just assumed he was B.s.ing!! :tongue:

As for the bigger house??? dont you mean bigger garage? :wink:

Hahaha. Actually, that wasn't me, I found out about it after you had already talked to the salesman about it!

A larger garage is at the top of the priority list!

biting tongue.

Last edited:
Actually, you will have cowl shake on any open Top car...except maybe for a German tank.

As Dave suggested above, there are things on the Market that address this issue. ie Type R Bars etc. Then you have the best of both worlds.

Bram

biting tongue.

Rule #1.

The minimum number of NSXs one must own in their life is 3, with the correct number of NSX's being N+1 and N being the number that you have owned at present. The maximum number of NSXs one should own is W-1, with W being the number that your wife can no longer tolerate. If W-1<3, replace W with a newer and more accommodating model and go back to the N+1 rule.

Rule #1.

The minimum number of NSXs one must own in their life is 3, with the correct number of NSX's being N+1 and N being the number that you have owned at present. The maximum number of NSXs one should own is W-1, with W being the number that your wife can no longer tolerate. If W-1<3, replace W with a newer and more accommodating model and go back to the N+1 rule.

Great rule. Unfortunately too long to use as my signature :biggrin:

Rule #1.

Dave, just finance me...park it here and I'll have it paid off in 5 yrs ;)

Last edited:
Back