• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 NSX for $25k? is this possible?

I've got 1000 acres in Southwest Florida I will sell you for $1 per acre,
Interested?
Just send me a deposit to my Western Union account
Account# ISCAMUSOGOOD
:smile:

Edgemts said:
I've got 1000 acres in Southwest Florida I will sell you for $1 per acre...

I'll take all of it. Especially if it includes a bridge! :biggrin:

haha well its not like i have $25k laying around nor do I have the guy's contact info...just wondering what is up with this

Electro said:
haha well its not like i have $25k laying around nor do I have the guy's contact info...just wondering what is up with this

Nothing personal, but do a friggin search! If you do not want to do this, send me $25K and I will write a fully detailed report of how you would have been screwed out of your money if you tried to buy that "car" (that does not exist, or at least is not owned by the "seller")

hahahahhahaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: Let me know when someone "buys it" =)

Being a former NSX owner I know that its not possible for there to be a 2002 for $25k.... Notice at the end of my original post I asked for a carfax to even see if this car exists and to find out how full of shit this guy is.....but thanks anyways for the flames

Electro said:
I got this from a friend of mine who was looking at an NSX and he forwarded it to me...I have not found out any more info than this (yet) but how can this be possible??

"Thank you for your interest. The 2002 Acura NSX is still for sale. This vehicle's body does not have any damage at all or any signs of repaired body damage. There are no signs that this vehicle has ever been smoked in. There are no dings on this vehicle. This vehicle looks like it has never left its' garage. The transmission is tight shifting and smooth. The engine in this vehicle runs like a top. The electrical and optional equipment on this vehicle is all in working condition. This vehicle has no defects. It is in mint condition. The interior is extra clean, it was very well kept. Mileage is 19,784, title is clean, there are no liens on the car. Price is $25,000. VIN is JH4NA21672T000045.

Thanks,
Robert"

Can someone run a carfax on this VIN # and see if its for real a 2002 and has a clean title?

Thanks guys in advance,
electro

Lets apply simple logic. A 2002 car in Ca. has a wholesale auction value of 52 to 56k. That means you could stagger into a Acura dealer and their used car guy would slap 50k in your hands so fast once he verified you were the owner of record. So when you ask is this too good to be true the answer is yes most certainly so.This reminds me of the post I read recently complaining that their 04 car did not sell for enough money on trade-in.

Bobolinski said:
Lets apply simple logic. A 2002 car in Ca. has a wholesale auction value of 52 to 56k. That means you could stagger into a Acura dealer and their used car guy would slap 50k in your hands so fast once he verified you were the owner of record. So when you ask is this too good to be true the answer is yes most certainly so.This reminds me of the post I read recently complaining that their 04 car did not sell for enough money on trade-in.

Yea I agree with you and thanks for the honest reply.... I'm just trying to find out more info as the guy that sent this to me didn't leave me any more info than this..... Seeing as how we have the VIN # why can't we look up the carfax report? Anyone? Bueller?

Electro said:
wow this board used to be full of classy guys.... guess i can't ask a simple question without getting flamed. Thanks

Well there is a ton of scams on every forum about deals like this, I think people just find it hard to believe that you are not informed on how this scam works since it has been very well publicized. I agree they were a little bit overboard in the sarcasm however this topic is very common information. :)

Electro said:
excuse me for thinking someone would actually help me out...nevermind
Electro, in case you haven't figured it out by all of the sarcastic posts, the answer is NO. :wink:

Also, "Robert" is giving a canned description in his ad. I'm sure I have read that exact same description (except for perhaps mileage) in another phony ad.

CarbonNSX said:
Well there is a ton of scams on every forum about deals like this, I think people just find it hard to believe that you are not informed on how this scam works since it has been very well publicized. I agree they were a little bit overboard in the sarcasm however this topic is very common information. :)

I'm very familiar with how the whole internet scam works.... I've worked in the techology field since 1992 and I've seen my fair share of scams.... Just trying to find out more info on this car..... im bored! and just had that msg waiting for me in an IM window so I figured I'd see if this car was real or not....Knowing its more than likely not.

Autophile said:
Electro, in case you haven't figured it out by all of the sarcastic posts, the answer is NO. :wink:

You think??? Durh ........Like I said I'm just trying to find out if this car is real ...we have the VIN #..... guess you guys are too busy flaming to run a simple carfax ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Electro get me a name ad location for the owner I will do a info search for you and we can contact the owner directly. I have used this method several times to catch scammers selling Rolex watches.

Bobolinski said:
Electro get me a name ad location for the owner I will do a info search for you and we can contact the owner directly. I have used this method several times to catch scammers selling Rolex watches.

I will... The only reason I dont have his info now is b/c the guy that forwarded me this email is in bed ;)

So the only info we have is his first name, "Robert" and the VIN.....

Electro said:
I'm very familiar with how the whole internet scam works.... I've worked in the techology field since 1992 and I've seen my fair share of scams.... Just trying to find out more info on this car..... im bored! and just had that msg waiting for me in an IM window so I figured I'd see if this car was real or not....Knowing its more than likely not.

I see well if you have the VIN number I have carfax until 9-27-2005 so i can run it for you. Just PM me and I will PM you the info :smile:

Electro, I have been a luker on here a short time. I have been looking at past posts, there are some real mean people on here. They look for any reason to attack. I am new to the NSX comunity, just got an 2004 3 months ago, I have had a 350Z then I got a Viper(yawn) fast car but I thought it had a very cheep pastic interior, my wife has a Comptech supercharged 2005 S2000. This seems like a ricer group that looks for a reason to attack someones post.
Don

DonPablow said:
Electro, I have been a luker on here a short time. I have been looking at past posts, there are some real mean people on here. They look for any reason to attack. I am new to the NSX comunity, just got an 2004 3 months ago, I have had a 350Z then I got a Viper(yawn) fast car but I thought it had a very cheep pastic interior, my wife has a Comptech supercharged 2005 S2000. This seems like a ricer group that looks for a reason to attack someones post.
Don

YOUR NEW!!! what gives you the right to be new? We don't take kindly to new people around these parts. :biggrin: :biggrin: Just kidding.

Also BTW....we don't take kindly to people that don't take kindly. :confused: :confused: :biggrin: :wink:

DonPablow said:
Don

I can not speak for others here, but my post was not an attack. It's just that this has been discussed SOOOO many times here, that it is almost unnerving to still have people asking this type of question over and over. If he is in the "business" and knows the scam as he later posted, why would he even need to ask the question? If it's because the guy gave him a VIN, then he should still know how that is possible if he was familiar with the scam. So again, I apologize if my humor seemed like an attack, but it is really sad to see this subject come up weekly if not more often. PS- I am too old to be a "Ricer" I think, and some of the others who "attacked" I know are not "Ricers" either.

steveny said:
YOUR NEW!!! what gives you the right to be new? We don't take kindly to new people around these parts. :biggrin: :biggrin: Just kidding.

Also BTW....we don't take kindly to people that don't take kindly. :confused: :confused: :biggrin: :wink:

LOL, I was going to "attack" him too, but thought it might be too much. I can always count on you to find that line and jump right over! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back