• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Test Drive.

Originally posted by NSX-GUY:
BTW, 10K difference between the '96 and the '97 is way too much, IMO. Sure, there were a lot of improvements for the '97 model year but they can't possibly be (or at least shouldn't be) that far apart for equally cared for and equal mileage vehicles.

I'm not sure if you're saying that that isn't the actual price difference, or that it's not worth paying the extra money for the newer car.

The actual difference in price is probably closer to $8K than $10K. You will typically pay $45-47K for a very nice, well-kept, moderate mileage '96, $53-55K for a similar '97.

Well put summary, I couldn't agree more.
However, under number 4 shouldn't the first bullet be a minus?

Originally posted by nsxtasy:

4. 1997-01 290 hp 3.2-liter 6-speed NSX Coupe

+ open-air experience
+ great rigidity
+ higher power (290 hp)
- hard to find (50 '99 Zanardi cars, only a few non-Zanardi cars)

This was posted in the "for sale" section.

I am selling my '97 spa yellow/black targa (3.2 liter 6 speed). I don't want to sell it but it's just not practical for me to keep at this time. The car has been babied and always garaged. The paint is beautiful with it's pearl coating. The car is riding on a set of neuspeed sports springs (i have the stock springs also), but other than that it is completely stock. The car has 56,000 miles and is priced at $48,900 OBO.

Originally posted by Markbert:
Well put summary, I couldn't agree more.
However, under number 4 shouldn't the first bullet be a minus?

For many people, the "open-air experience" of the NSX-T is a plus. For others, it may be a minus. That's why each person has to do his own personal evaluation of the differences between cars.

Originally posted by Elroy303:
I'm not sure how the 2002 compares to the older models, however if a 92 model gave me 1/2 as much satisfaction, there's a good chance I'd sell my soul right now for the title.

What about more than 9/10 as much satisfaction!?!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Believe me.

So you can go get one ASAP!!!
smile.gif

Seriously, when you will try a pre '02 3,2 liter version you will "virtually" feel no differences unless you drive them extensively and at the limits.

An NSX is still an NSX, even if you drive a 3,0 liter version.

I hope you will soon get one...

Merry Christmas.

Back