• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2002 Wheels & Spacer Problem

I just recieved the Dali Racing spacers (15mm Front & 25mm Rear)so i went to mount the 2002 OEM wheels and found an issue with the wheels clearing the factory studs that the spacers bolt on to. I think it may be fine on the rear since i have the 25mm spacers that take up most of the factory stud but the fronts are a different story. I am hoping there is an easy solution to this issue. Any advise is appreciated.
Thanks

With 15mm spacer you need to replace the existing studs to the longer ones.

Jin1976 said:
With 15mm spacer you need to replace the existing studs to the longer ones.
No. Nick is using the bolt on spacers that have the own studs built in. He was talking about the 15 mm spacer not thick enough so the stock studs are sticking out and interfering the mounting of the front wheels. Perhaps you can use a 5mm spacer on top of the Dali bolt on to see if it clears?
Steve

Okay understood. I thought only spacer thicker than 20mm have the studs built in for the reason of atleast 6 turns of the nuts to make the wheels safely secured.
whiteNSXs said:
No. Nick is using the bolt on spacers that have the own studs built in. He was talking about the 15 mm spacer not thick enough so the stock studs are sticking out and interfering the mounting of the front wheels. Perhaps you can use a 5mm spacer on top of the Dali bolt on to see if it clears?
Steve

Thanks guys for your advise. I am thinking the only other option is to replace factory studs with shorter ones just enough to install bots securly and to clear the wheel. In the mean time i wonder if it's ok to have the 25mm spacers in the rear and the 5mm (brake clearence) on the front. Any negative to this set-up?

Okay for me. Infact I'm running with 35mm adapter at the back and no spacer in front. The car handles better than before. I'm running stock 16/17 wheels. The car is easier to turn now and still grips well at high speed.
nchhotu said:
Thanks guys for your advise. I am thinking the only other option is to replace factory studs with shorter ones just enough to install bots securly and to clear the wheel. In the mean time i wonder if it's ok to have the 25mm spacers in the rear and the 5mm (brake clearence) on the front. Any negative to this set-up?

If you click on the green light with the word “go” in the middle of it on the Dali website you get this picture:

attachment.php

I have these spacers for the rear on my car (15mm bolt on), and from what I remember the nuts that hold them on protrude beyond the spacer (my wheels have clearance pockets). This means that replacing the studs with shorter ones won’t work because the nuts will still hit the back side of the wheel. I could be wrong and I will check when I get home. If this is not the case, why not just cut off the excess stud instead of replacing them. This would be a lot less work.

Attachments

• 15ws_indicator2.jpg
    15ws_indicator2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 389
That sounds logical. Let me know if it will clear the nut. If it does i will do as you suggested.
Thanks

I verified that the nuts do in fact protrude beyond the spacer.:frown:

Instead of trying to send them back you could just remove the pressed in studs and use them like you would the non bolt on versions (ie the H&R's). You will then need to replace the studs in your hubs with longer ones just like you would have to do anyway with the H&R's. This may even be cheaper than buying the 15 mm H&R spacers in the first place.

TC Sportline 15mm bolt on spacer = $80
H&R 15mm non bolt on with longer studs = $105

You should be able to find some 55mm studs (stock is 40mm) cheaper than $25 and then you won't have to deal with the whole return shipping thing. Good luck.

Your advise is right on target!! I think thats a good option. Thanks again for your follow-up.
Nick

If the Spacers have shorter bolts then the hub, then swap um if possible... Hopefully there is not too much of a difference that your stock nuts can still fit securely.

Back