• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Silverstone. Flying out to pick it up PDQ.

Oh ho, man ! Two oil changes. Other fluids swapped out or tested. Fresh tires. And a post purchase inspection that confirmed that I had just bought exactly what I wanted.

Outstanding trip. Made it back to Alaska in one piece and had a gas. Took a few pics but I suck with a camera so I might snag a pic or two from elsewhere.

The trip was majorly cool though. Went from 2341 miles to roughly 7500; stuck my toe in the Atlantic at Hilton Head Island and in the Pacific in WA... and she's tucked on a steamship now en route to her new home.

Even flew the wife out to meet me in Atlanta. Some folks think that a little bit of me goes a long way and she's sometimes one of them. Narry a peep though even after two days at 900 miles per day.

A couple of memorable points as a teaser? Hmmm...

How about a buck sixty the other side of Macon with a 370Z in the next lane?

How about seeing a retread explode off of a tractor trailer about 200' in front of you? We had been averaging somewhere in the neighborhood of 85mph through that stretch which allowed way too little reaction time before that bad boy was in the rear view. Remind me; was there another car in that other lane?

How about noticing that at 4500 miles your rears are damn near toast?

How about noticing that the rear end on this car gets a little skittish in the rain and then seeing that rainstorm turn to snow in a mountain pass? In the dark.

Unforgettable trip. Very glad I got the chance to do it. I've got a ton of stuff to catch up on here at the love shack and the office so it might be a week or so before I get to toss some of this down and post up but the short version is that if you ever get the chance to do something similar...

GO FOR IT!

A couple things I need to work on? One's my slither. Getting into that seat is a cake walk when there's plenty of room but in the rare packed parking lot it's definitely anything but. There's got to be a better solution that slamming the back of my head on the roofline and wrenching that left knee prior to splattering my butt across the cockpit. Not exactly elegant. Oooof.

Mike,

Sounds like you really got to know your car! I wish I knew you were buzzing through Atlanta, we could've met for lunch or something - let the cars reunite seeing how they're 12 cars removed off the Suzuka production line.

A buck sixty near Macon - you're lucky the GHP didn't see that or we'd be reading about your jail exploits! Was that with the wife in the car? My wife would absolutely crap if I was going that fast with her in the car :eek:.

How'd your XPEL clear bra hold up?

I look forward to some pics. :biggrin:

SWEET! Glad you made it home in one piece!

Sounds like a great trip. The NSX is a natural for long road trips, except for the tire wear that comes with Interstate travel. Next time, stick to the twisties! :wink:

Well you're lucky to get there in one piece it sounds like to me. With the tire wear and - oh well - get that thing aligned properly and you'll pick up a little mileage on the rears sounds like to me.

A buch sixty out of Macon - man you really are lucky - hope it was late or realy early and the traffic was almost non existant - that is nuts dude. I've traveled that road many times as a native Atlantan. My buddy Keith, betthemortgage, is right on - my wife would beat me to death if I ever took her to 160....geez. She'd probably want to whoop up on me after several days of 900 miles of driving - that in itself is crazy. Bet the trip was cool though. I'd love to drive across the country myself with a little more time on my hands.

Hilton Head is a wonderful spot for us Georgians - easy to get to and lovely. I go there just about every year. Anyway - glad you made it safe and sound.

Back