• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 nsx jhna21695s000025

Does anyone have any knowledge of the 2005 NSX listed on Cars.com, it is located in Tennessee? It has 70K...I would consider that as a high miler, but the price takes that into consideration, I believe? I am waiting for photos before I call the seller.

I spoke with the owner. He bought the car from an insurance company, it has a salvage title. He claims the car may have been confiscated in a drug deal and the feds put boots on all 4 wheels and then someone tried to steal it and did damage to all the wheels and I presume the fender liners, etc. Also front headlight was damaged and replaced as well as the front bumper cover. He claims the repairs will be perfect and done by a high end body shop.
Anyone have any thoughts on value of this car. He states it runs great and the interior is very clean. Is it worth buying as a driver around 45K or walk away?

I spoke with the owner. He bought the car from an insurance company, it has a salvage title. He claims the car may have been confiscated in a drug deal and the feds put boots on all 4 wheels and then someone tried to steal it and did damage to all the wheels and I presume the fender liners, etc. Also front headlight was damaged and replaced as well as the front bumper cover. He claims the repairs will be perfect and done by a high end body shop.
Anyone have any thoughts on value of this car. He states it runs great and the interior is very clean. Is it worth buying as a driver around 45K or walk away?

$45k for a 2005 w/70k miles on it, and a salvage title is a bit rich for me. Thats a hell of a story though ROFL!! All 4 boots + theft attempt. :cool:

Maybe talk him down... or go talk to Shawn, i think he still has a nice silver late model that he built himself. At least you know its good work, his will cost a bit more.. but if salvage title doesnt bother you, then Shawn is the way to go.

I like the story... kinda of a cross between Miami Vice and Parking Wars...

A story worthy of a salvage title NSX...

What drug dealer would return to a car with 4 boots on it and think they could drive off? Did the POPO leave the drugs in the trunk too?

I don't think insurance companies tell stories, but if they did it would more original than this... sound more like a Hawaii Five O episode involving a Chevy
Camaro...

This is an insult to the creativity and writing style of the NSX owners of the world...

NEXT!!!!

:wink:

Boots on all 4 wheels? Why? MAY have been confiscated in a drug deal? May have been a lot of things. Headlight and bumper? What happened? What is the name and # of the high end body shop? If you can get answers to these questions, or do a full inspection. I would think it is worth 2/3rds to 3/4ths of full retail with salvage title. Before I buy one like that I try to determine, "was this a really nice car before the accident?" Or "has it been abused and neglected its whole life?" Then value it accordingly.

David...just something to consider....people involved in drug trafficking quit using personal cars a long time ago when RICO statutes came out authorizing law enforcement to immediately seize any vehicle that contains any amount of drugs. The bad guys quit driving personal vehicles; especially expensive vehicles.

Almost all drug activity occurs with people renting cars or driving real pieces of junk. They don't lose anything this way.

BTW...what happened to your cherry NSX?

Unless the seller has photos and documentation to back up these claims (particularly the repairs), it's just a story. At 45k I'd walk unless the seller comes up with documentation, the car receives a clean PPI, and your heart is set on the year/color combo.

Linky to ads:
cars.com: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=93393267
autotrader: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=324868956

Last edited:

+1 Walk away

Assuming you have 45K in hand in cash (since salvage title = no loans)

get a pre-approved loan from PenFed for a targeted difference

find a cherry 02-05 from 55-70K

pounce on it and get a PPI

drive and smile

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I'm going to pass on it! I was just looking for a driver. There are a lot of options out there, I will keep looking.

Back