• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 Nsx

mattfish said:
Hopefully it won't look like this!

mattfish, OMG - That's funny as hell! :D Too bad I'm now permanently scarred and will never see the NSX the same way again.

Last edited:
Two responses:

NeoNSX said:
good grief! Honda has been employing Porsche designers! :p
they could call this the NSX-F (F for 'frog'. :D)

No, it doesn't stand for that, because the word "frog" is a registered trademark of Porsche.

NeoNSX said:
good grief! Honda has been employing Porsche designers! :p
they could call this the NSX-F (F for 'frog'. :D)

No, NSX-F (F for "freedom") because we are replacing all occurrences of the word "frog" in use in the United States with the word "freedom".

NSX 207 said:

So it looks like everyone is more or less correct :)

1996 is the 50th anniversary of Honda
1999 is the 50th anniversary of their first bike
2003 is the 40th anniversary of their first sports car

And we could have a new NSX in 2004 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of IndyCar competition, the 40th anniversary of F1 competition or the 20th anniversary of Honda lawnmower production. I'm sure they could find a suitable anniversary for any introduction date.

Bryan said:
So it looks like everyone is more or less correct :)

1996 is the 50th anniversary of Honda
1999 is the 50th anniversary of their first bike
2003 is the 40th anniversary of their first sports car

And we could have a new NSX in 2004 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of IndyCar competition, the 40th anniversary of F1 competition or the 20th anniversary of Honda lawnmower production. I'm sure they could find a suitable anniversary for any introduction date.

I sense a super lawnmower coming...

I posted those magazine scans up about a year ago. It's from the May 2002 VTEC Sports Magazine, which is published by the same people who publish the Hyper Rev guides. If anyone wants to see full size scans of the full article (3 pages) and magazine cover, email me, and I'll send them to you.

-Ben

Ben said:
I posted those magazine scans up about a year ago. It's from the May 2002 VTEC Sports Magazine, which is published by the same people who publish the Hyper Rev guides.

-Ben

Then maybe they should hire Billy to do their auto design work b/c the person that did those drawings should be shot!!!!

PLEASE GOD DON'T LET THIS BE THE CAR ! , BUT IT COULD BE WORSE HONDA COULD HIRE CHRIS BANGLE IF BMW FIRES HIM .:D

Hmmm. Since I admire Honda so much I will follow their lead.
I will be 50 for quite a few years.

Last edited:
Fair space reserved for new NSX

Just heard from a Honda related source that Honda Japan has reserved space at the Frankfurt IAA fair this autumn for a new NSX (no details available, could be a concept car). Honda Europe is not involved in this - seems to be a top secret japanese action.

This is all a guessing game. I have yet to hear anything more authoritative than something heard from a friend or someone on a plane.

And, since we're all guessing, my guess is that they have been doing development work on a new NSX, but they have not made a final go/no-go decision.

Boy oh boy if they do offer up a new supercar there will be many a full diaper in nsx land.:D

matteni said:
....The car is the only two-seater convertible Honda has produced for over 30 years.
Eh?
what about the Honda Beat?
unless I'm imagining things, surely the early nineties happened within the last 30 years? - no?
perhaps it wasn't a covertible then?
I know - it had some extra seats hidden away and we all thought it only had 2?
maybe it was produced by another manufacturer and not Honda as we had thought?
hmm.... its quite puzzling.
maybe these will help clear things up
http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/beat/bt-k-105/
http://www.importdriver.com.au/Beat.htm
http://www.j-garage.com/honda/beat/1510.htm

Sorry!! : I owned one of these http://www.hondasportsregistry.com/images/S600.jpg while I was crew chief on F-4s at Yakota AFB in 1971-1973 I bought it used 16000yen little over $400 never gave me a problem and drove the hell out of it. Speed limit was 38mph in Japan then. A dollar then would exchange for 360yen. I doubt if you could get much over 100yen now. S500
The S500 followed the T360 into production in October of 1963, earning itself the title of the first production Honda car. Initially introduced with a 492cc engine, the specifications read like those from a Formula 1 race car; double overhead camshafts, four carburetors, a needle roller bearing crankshaft, and a 9,500 rpm redline. The car produced 44 horsepower at 8,000 rpm from its later, production displacement of 531cc, weighed approximately 1,500 pounds, and could achieve a top speed of 80 miles per hour.
A four speed transmission (with synchromesh on the top three gears) was utilized. Final drive was by oil bath chains to the rear wheels. Four wheel independent suspension was achieved using torsion bars in the front, and diagonally attaching coil-over-shock strut units to the rear of each chain case. Brand new, it sold for the equivalent of $1,275. A fiberglass hardtop was offered as an optional accessory. There were 1,363 S500s produced between October 1963 and September 1964 (136 in 1963, and 1,227 in 1964), when it was supplanted by the larger-engined S600.

Last edited:
nsxtasy said:
Sounds like the S500 and S600 don't meet that "30 years" stipulation...
Shure looks that way
biggrin.gif
I guess I showed my age. LOL. Looks like I was enjoying 9000rpm when some members were having their diapers changed.
eek.gif

Back