• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Maryland NSXs?

Hello,

This is a long shot but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Would any Maryland owners be willing to show me their first gen NSX? I have always wanted one and am coming up on finally being able to get one but would really like to see one up close in person first. I have bought a 2005 Lotus Elise sight unseen and although it did go smoothly I would prefer to not do that again. I randomly found Daisy automotive while exploring backroads in Clarksville and they usually had a bunch of NSXs outside at least a year or so ago.

Not sure what I could offer in return. A ride in my Elise? Maybe some lunch? In any case, just thought I would put this out there.

Thanks

@esqu1re Hey I can't PM you since I don't have 10 posts or what not. Someone else has already contacted me to show me theirs. PM me your email if you would still like to meet. I would be more than happy to trade rides if you would want to.

I am really appreciative of you guys. Thanks a lot :)

We had a tentative plan for Saturday 9/9 in the afternoon. I am free basically anytime on the weekends except on 9/23 at the moment. So whatever works for you guys.

My Elise and a couple other cool cars i had a couple years ago

Attachments

• 20220416_134005.jpg
    20220416_134005.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220725_030850.jpg
    20220725_030850.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 20221128_184146.jpg
    20221128_184146.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210321_124032.jpg
    20210321_124032.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190407_142716.jpg
    20190407_142716.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 28
Definitely a lot. I didn't have it for long though. Took a gamble bought it sigh un seen in japan and had it imported. Turned out to burn 1 quart of oil every 100ish miles so needed a rebuild. I wasn't in love with it and honestly it drove pretty bad even after updating some suspension pieces. Sold it pretty soon after that.

That car is the reason why I made this post really. I would like to experience an NSX before I go all in. A don't meet your heroes kind of deal.

The cappuccino though. I loved that car and regretted selling it the moment it was driving away. If I ever get the room I am for sure adding another to my garage.

That car is the reason why I made this post really. I would like to experience an NSX before I go all in. A don't meet your heroes kind of deal.
A wise thought, but the NSX is one of those rare cars where it drives much better than the specs suggest it would. There's really nothing like it- I think you'll be hooked. Most people are.

Where in MD are you? I’m up 83 close to the PA line in Parkton/Freeland area. Usually there are a few NSX at the cars and coffee on Saturday mornings in Hunt Valley.

I was at Daisy last week and there were six NSX in the shop getting work done. Ben gets cars from all over, even overseas. He has been taking care of all my cars for about 35 years now as I worked my way from CRX to NSX.

Where in MD are you? I’m up 83 close to the PA line in Parkton/Freeland area. Usually there are a few NSX at the cars and coffee on Saturday mornings in Hunt Valley.
I am in Jessup right outside Fort Meade. I am also just not a morning person so I rarely ever go to meets. Hunt Valley and Katie's is just way too early.

Mission accomplished. We swapped drivers' seats and had a blast comparing the experiences on some straight and twisty stuff. The Lotus kicks you in the butt at 6K, and ZOOM, kinda like an s2000 but with all-purpose analog technology. Very cool.

NSX & Mike Lotus (3).jpeg

Back