• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 Silverstone

Thought I would post a few pics. Just learning how it works on prime.

Attachments

• IMG_4342.jpg
    IMG_4342.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_4231.jpg
    IMG_4231.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3379.jpg
    IMG_3379.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 171
  • unnamed-12.jpg
    unnamed-12.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 169
More pics

- - - Updated - - -

Undercarriage Wednesday! I use unicorn tears and the skins of baby seals to detail it.

Attachments

• IMG_4221.jpg
    IMG_4221.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4227.jpg
    IMG_4227.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4234.jpg
    IMG_4234.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4167.jpg
    IMG_4167.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4213.jpg
    IMG_4213.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4215.jpg
    IMG_4215.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4072.jpg
    IMG_4072.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4082.jpg
    IMG_4082.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4083.jpg
    IMG_4083.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
impressive underside....:eek:

It has 17,000 miles (purchased with 12,000 miles). I usually put about 1,000 miles per year on it. The car was so pristine when I purchased it, I have become increasingly paranoid/anxious about driving it. In retrospect, I would have probably been happier buying a "driver" condition NSX.

.........I say that all the time at work..............:biggrin:

It has 17,000 miles (purchased with 12,000 miles). I usually put about 1,000 miles per year on it. The car was so pristine when I purchased it, I have become increasingly paranoid/anxious about driving it. In retrospect, I would have probably been happier buying a "driver" condition NSX.

I know what you are saying. My 03 had 9000 miles on it when I got it four and a half years ago. It still only has just under 17000 miles. I also have a silver S2000. It is a model year 2000 and I have had it since new. It has only 40000 kilometers at this point. Neither car gets winter driven or even sees rain for that matter. That cuts the potential driving days in a year for either car in half when living in our glorious climate. I have been self employeed for the last 24 years, so time for pleasure drives was limited. I also rarely take either car places where I can't keep an eye on them when parked. Assholes are everywhere.

I also wonder, like you bubbadog, if I should have picked up a higher mileage NSX so I wouldn't mind using it more. It seems every other time I drive it, another rock chip shows up.:frown: I was just worried that an older higher mile example would come with issues. My car (knock on wood) has been totally problem free up to this point.

We have recently sold our business, so I am definitely going to be able to use the cars more going foward. I am well aware that they need to be driven to stay in top working order. Unfortunately my wife's tolerance level for my driving has decreased over the years. Our idea of a fun drive is not the same at all. Idling along in her CVT equipped CRV just doesn't cut it for me.

I am considering selling it and maybe getting something not so pristine. My 2006 S2000 is a nice car but has a few rock chips and in nowhere near the condition of the NSX. My anxiety with driving the NSX seems to be getting worse not better as time goes by. I purchased the S2000 to split miles between the two. I kind of prefer driving the S2000 more for the sole reason I am not as concerned about potential damage. Nice to know there is someone in Nova Scotia with impeccable taste in cars.

+1 for the best color NSX out there! :)

I have an 04 with 33k in mint condition (26k when I bought it).
While I do worry about future dents and scratches, I take pride in owning a not only rare, but even more rare mint condition NSX. Not many out there.
Guess it all depends on what you use your car for too.

:wink:It was pointed out that the exhaust bolts were rusted. I addressed that this afternoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Brylek

Attachments

• IMG_4346.jpg
    IMG_4346.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4348.jpg
    IMG_4348.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4349.jpg
    IMG_4349.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 79
I can't imagine having a low mileage newer one like you guys. Heck, I'm paranoid enough driving my 96k mile '91!

It's begging to be driven. :cool:

Nice car...always loved the Silverstone. I too vote to just drive it! Just dropped off my 91 with 120k+ to start the process of throwing away the crumby original ABS setup and installing the SOS update kit. Haven't driven it a lot this year but commonly park in lots at the mall, parking garages and on street downtown and have nary a scratch to show for it.

DRIVE YOUR CAR! Or leave it for the next owner...just in case its me.

If the car had more than 40-50,000 miles, a bunch of rock chips, and some story of cosmetic repairs in the past, it would be a lot easier to just get in it and drive it. Maybe I should just pay for a therapist.

I have held the mindset "just drive it" my entire life. That is.................until I saw the '05, very low mileage recently sell at auction for $144k.

5 years ago we bought our '05 RYP with 2k miles, fully intending to drive it often. Since that time, we have put 13k miles on it.

However, the value of a pristine, low mileage NSX is too great at this point to just drive it. I made the decision to keep my '05 in the garage covered, with a low-amp charger keeping the battery fully charged. I will drive it once a month but.... it's worth too much to just drive it.

I wholeheartedly agree with your statement, "If the car had more than 40-50,000 miles, a bunch of rock chips, and some story of cosmetic repairs in the past, it would be a lot easier to just get in it and drive it."
Yep! That's very true!

I am lucky enough to own an '02 which we purchased new that I drive almost daily. When I do drive our '05, it's still so new, the "feel" and overall driving dynamic seems so different than our '02. I want to drive it more often for that very reason however, simply will not at this point.

I do not envy your position. If you're not in any way concerned about the value, drive it.... daily.

Just my .02

Last edited:
Bubbadog thank you for sharing photos of your Silverstone! Beautiful NSX :eek:

Especially like that photo depicting the Ohio State versus U. of Michigan license plates :biggrin:

If the car had more than 40-50,000 miles, a bunch of rock chips, and some story of cosmetic repairs in the past, it would be a lot easier to just get in it and drive it. Maybe I should just pay for a therapist.

Or just put 50 000 miles on it and then drive it some more ;)

There was an old video floating around on YouTube from a Japanese source about the Nsx motors. The claim was that the motor actually performs better when broken in and has miles on it. Like when they compared a earlier model to a later. I wish I could remember the title to that video, but there are plenty smart folks here who can probably copy, paste, and post. It'd be hard for me as well not to drive the car. But you only live once. Enjoy it, let the elements of life do their duties and don't fight it. You worked hard for it. Enjoy it. Don't save it for someone else. Drive that F@cker.

The car is driven. I just do not drive it as much as I intended when I initially purchased. It is used about 800-1,000 miles per year mostly for car events.

Attachments

• IMG_4149.jpg
    IMG_4149.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4155.jpg
    IMG_4155.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 52
  • unnamed-15.jpg
    unnamed-15.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4215.jpg
    IMG_4215.jpg