• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 Silverstone

Can I pay you to detail mine like that??!!! :eek: How long did it take initially?

I have really not "detailed" the undercarriage or the rest of the car for that matter. It has looked pretty much this way since I purchased the car in the spring of 2013.. I got a lift this past spring and used a damp microfiber towel to wipe some dust/dirt off of a few items. That's about it. I will post a few more pics later today.

- - - Updated - - -

A few more pics. No baby seals were harmed prior to taking these pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 78
  • unnamed-24.jpg
    unnamed-24.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4226.jpg
    IMG_4226.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4072.jpg
    IMG_4072.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 89
^^^^ Did someone reinforce the U brace under the car? My 91 doesn't have those extra reinforced welds on them and I don't know if the later models were reinforced or not.

I do not know for certain but I believe everything on the car is as it left the factory except for shocks and exhaust. Maybe another 02-05 owner will chime in. Now you got me wondering.

I do not know for certain but I believe everything on the car is as it left the factory except for shocks and exhaust. Maybe another 02-05 owner will chime in. Now you got me wondering.
Either way bubbadog, that is one clean car! Especially looking up the cars skirt.:biggrin:

Wow, that underside is perfect. Just drive your car and forget about mileage. To an extent it'll keep its value.

Jinks, I looked at the photos of the 03 NSX for sale on BAT and they show the corner braces you mentioned. I wonder if they are present on only the targa versions. Chassis stiffening to compensate for open roof?

Neuronbob, I drive the car and in a way the value is not the main concern of mine. It is more of wanting to keep the car in pristine condition. My hope is 800-1,000 miles per year of driving will keep the mechanicals in good working order. Use it for car events, drives with friends on nice days, etc.. Anyone have a well used Long Beach Blue Pearl they want to give up to help me with my problem?

Jinks, I looked at the photos of the 03 NSX for sale on BAT and they show the corner braces you mentioned. I wonder if they are present on only the targa versions. Chassis stiffening to compensate for open roof?

Neuronbob, I drive the car and in a way the value is not the main concern of mine. It is more of wanting to keep the car in pristine condition. My hope is 800-1,000 miles per year of driving will keep the mechanicals in good working order. Use it for car events, drives with friends on nice days, etc.. Anyone have a well used Long Beach Blue Pearl they want to give up to help me with my problem?

They must be. My car doesn't have those extra chunks of metal. Weird how I never noticed it until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I just looked. My 91 does have them. They are just dirty so I guess I never noticed them. Sorry bout that.:redface:

Very nice car bubbadog. Great pix. I'm obviously bias but that doesn't mean that I am wrong.

As for the hesitation to drive it because it's "too nice" with too few miles on her, I fall n that category as well. Couldn't justify driving it to work and putting straight line miles on it and then worry all day about it in the parking lot. When it is nice, I'm on the boat with the kids. So it sits aside from the occasional cars and coffee and a few quick rips through the twisties near my house.

I would be interested but I would be in the same predicament X 2. You have probably one of the most pristine unicorns in existence.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a better idea. Trailer your car to Ohio next June and enter it in Ault Park Concours. I will be happy to host you and show you around "The Nati " (Skyline Chili, Graeter's Ice Cream, Montgomery Inn ribs, etc.). When you win your class (and you will), you can drive across the stage and pick up your bling in front of 4,000 spectators. You will do a short interview with the same announcer that does Amelia Island Concours. We need a unicorn around here once in a while as we are all pretty much red, black, and silver. You in?

I was discouraged that the 2003 only got $77,500. Was I missing something or wasn't that a beautiful NSX?<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c1dcbd59/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Tell me about it.

I was discouraged that the 2003 only got $77,500. Was I missing something or wasn't that a beautiful NSX?<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c1dcbd59/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

That car seems like a bargain at $77,500. I have not been very accurate at guessing the selling prices of NSXs on BaT. It seems like some sell for way more than expected and some sell for a lot lower than I expect. There was a 94 BB NSX that sold for $80,000 a while back and I thought that was high. I guess it is just the nature of the auction process.

aftermarket

Back