• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2007 Acura MDX

Anybody put a deposit on one yet? We've been taking several deposits lately. We have 3 actual vehicles on their way right now. Should be here in about a week.

canuck said:
Having scene it in person, it is much nicer than the pics. Go see it before ragging on it.

ps: I hated the pre-pics too, but much better live.

saw it in person today...very family suv look, not sporty at all. looks better in the pics. The front grill needs to be redone asap.

Maybe I need to see one in person but based on the pics posted here, I prefer the current styling.

I owned a 1st gen MDX. I luved it. Anybody bought one yet? I was wondering if this can TRUELY tow 5000lbs. On my 2001 MDX Acura recommended adding a tranny cooler, and a power steering cooler and only towing 3500 lbs when not a boat, 4500 lbs if its a boat. Kinda ticked me off.

A friend of mine at Honda Canada worked on the suspension for the new MDX. He mentioned that it's now got 7 separate ECU's! He was going on and on about the technical marvels of the car, but I just can't get over the styling. Why did they have to beat it with an ugly stick? I have an 05 MDX and I'm not crazy about the styling, but it looks a heckuva lot better than this one. Ugh. Very disappointing.

mini-van'like...

I'm not crazy about the Acura-trademark grill & front-fascia. :rolleyes:

The tail-lights look very Audi'esque. :cool:

The flared-fenders are the only SUV-like styling cue. :frown:

The D-pillar (?) shape just seems out-of-place w/ the rest of the design.

Also, the interior seems on par w/ the RL which is quite elegant as well as tech' savy & ergonomic. :p

How's the 3rd-row seating space this time around? From the pics, it looks to be sparse if even present!?! :eek:

I just got back from looking at the new MDX today, I think I'm going to purchase it next month. I really liked it a lot. There are a lot of cool new technologies added to it, hands free calling, i pod hookup, rear camera to back up, memory seats/steering/mirrors, automatic closing tail gate... too many to list.

skafia said:
I just got back from looking at the new MDX today, I think I'm going to purchase it next month. I really liked it a lot. There are a lot of cool new technologies added to it, hands free calling, i pod hookup, rear camera to back up, memory seats/steering/mirrors, automatic closing tail gate... too many to list.

Some of this stuff was in the previous gen model released in 2004 as well (ie bluetooth phone, rear camera, memory seats/mirrors/steering, etc) They have added quite a bit of new technology to the 2007 model though, particularly under the hood and in the suspension.

Arshad said:
Some of this stuff was in the previous gen model released in 2004 as well (ie bluetooth phone, rear camera, memory seats/mirrors/steering, etc) They have added quite a bit of new technology to the 2007 model though, particularly under the hood and in the suspension.

We have a 2004 MDX Touring/NAV/RES and this one is a step up from what we have. I spent some time at the dealership checking it out and its very nice.

The power tailgate is pretty nice. 3 beeps and it closes. If you manually pull down the tailgate so it touches the bottom, it will close itself. Now they just need to add it to all 4 doors.

The 3-zone climate control and rear heated seats are also new. The second row seats are as comfortable as the front row. 3rd row entry is easier than our current model. The front cup holders are height are offset so it can handle tall and short cups.

The front seats now have active head restraint, but the headrest is pretty crappy and stiff. Its no worst then in the previous model.

At even $48k fully loaded, I think its a bargain. Not like the $50k RL rippoff.

Back