• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2011... Interesting year.

BD

Legendary Member
Well, some of you have read my old post regarding my business....

This must be the most unlucky year I have ever encountered. Within the last three months.

1. My 7 years old sheltie was killed by a speeding taxi in my shopping center three months ago. She was with me almost 24/7 since I got her... My clients and I were in tears for days because she was really a special dog. I have never seen any dog as smart as she is.

2. My condo was broken into, I lost half of my watch collection, includes all the Ayrton Senna edition Tags.

3. My business is at 50% of where it was just three years ago, and continue under scrutiny with additional tax burden, which has forced my customers to buy cigars online.

4. I did not get a summer rush as a lot of my customers no longer regulars because they couldn't find a summer job.

Interestingly...

I had to file Chapter 13 to protect my property last year (to remove my second). The result is somewhat lackluster and judging by the look of it, I may have to convert it into chapter 7 since the value is now 50k below my first mortgage. I no longer felt the need to hold on to that.

Even more interesting....

After my dog died, I didn't' realized how hard it is to find a sheltie breeder, and I had to drive to Vegas to pick up my new puppy, turn out I got two of them. They're not as clever and smart as my last one, but they definitely showing some signs of their signature personality. I'm hoping they will eventually mature like my lost dog.

Eight months after BK discharge, I sold my S2K CR because I needed the equity cash to pick up a Rolex GMT Master II that was on hold for over two years from my friend's shop. I sold my old GMT Master for 4 grand (I paid 2700 15 years ago), I was able to pick it up. Mental wise, it kinda made me feel a little better with the stolen watches.

The same day, I walked into a Honda dealer and picked up a new Honda Pilot because my parents ask me to replace the S2k with something they can drive with an auto tranny. After I told the dealership I filed BK not too long ago, they tried to give me the run around. I told them "Trust me, Honda will finance me with any vehicle I want on the lot at the promotional rate." They didn't' believe me, but called me back couple of hours later, telling me Honda will do exactly what I said, regardless of the price of the vehicle. So I picked up the Pilot at 1.9%. Turn out that my credit score is already at 700.

Once thing I must say... I'm not a SUV guy, but the Pilot is actually a nice car to drive... Still trying to get use to the size but my two new pups are digging it. They don't like to ride in my old S2k or NSX...

I guess I lose some, and I gain some. Life is indeed very interesting.

Last edited:
Vance - have you kept the NSX?

Sucks that you are going through a bad run but it won't always be like that. Chin up mate.

Yeah, the NSX is a keeper. My big brother told my dad how bad luck I was dealing with this year, but he also knows luck usually turns around because in the past, I do hit pockets of good fortune.

I even forgot to mention my shop was broken into five months ago; we found the kid who did it but he died of drug overdose a month after the conviction, so I couldn't recover the lost.

Interestingly, I don't even watch the news much any more, things are just depressing and so far, a lot of things happen in the last two years were very unfriendly to my business.

Just have to hang in tight to weather the storm. Hopefully things will get better not just for me, but everyone.

Thanks Jet Pilot!

Vance,

I'm sure good luck is just around the corner, just hang in there.

Many thanks of your help in the past (not sure if you still remember me, lol) and I will post a nice write-up of my car in the near future with credits to you and other guys that I PM'd.

All the best,

Owen

Kudos to you for having a very positive attitude in view of your misfortunes, and I extend my heartfelt sympathies to you for the loss of your dog. . Keep the faith.

Kudos to you for having a very positive attitude in view of your misfortunes, and I extend my heartfelt sympathies to you for the loss of your dog. . Keep the faith.
+1 on all of the above, vance.

Sounds like a rough stretch, the good news is you have no where to go but up and you still have your NSX:wink:

you have the right attitude..look at the positives..try to correct the negatives.Never feel sorry for yourself, and hopefuly your two new dogs will fill the void of your first.

Very sorry for your losses. Losing your dog must have been truly heart-wrenching and losing the watches that have such a deep personal history must have been demoralizing.

Everybody goes through tough times and one can either pout, blame, mope about their circumstances or use the time to strengthen their hearts and resolve to overcome. It seems you've adopted the latter. I hope and look forward to hearing about your future successes.

Illegitimi non carborundum, buddy.

Vance,
Soooooooooooo sorry to hear about your dog. She was almost like an institution in the shop. For you other guys reading this, that dog was so attached to Vance. She would go and sit close to him whenever and wherever he sat down.
I'll bring some dog presents for the new young ones next time I visit.
Mike

Back