• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2011 Track Events

How's this season looking around here? Has anyone ever done DC SCCA Solo?

Yes, a couple times I've gone out with SCCA when the run at FedEx Field. I'll be doing a FATT (Friday at the track) event at Summit Point in May.

I autocrossed with DC SCCA at the NEDiv championship last May. They have a great site at FedEx and run a very smooth event. I normally autocross in Richmond with VMSC. Our first event is next Sunday at the new state fairgrounds right by King's Dominion. I normally autocross my MINI JCW, not my NSX.

Nope - I will be out of town.

I don't plan on my first track event until May, I need to replace the clutch first (it's in the mail) and I'm too busy.

Clutch is important! Have you done a FATT at the track yet? I've heard some bad things about them from some of the NSX guys around here...

Clutch is important! Have you done a FATT at the track yet? I've heard some bad things about them from some of the NSX guys around here...

I did a FATT in 11/09, a couple of months after I bought my NSX. I had a great instructor and a great time. I thought it was well run. There was another NSX there, but I have forgotten his name. He stuffed his NSX into the tire wall between turns 4 and 5, but drove it home. He was in theprocess of turning it into a dedicated track car, and didn't seem very upset.

I haven't done one in years at Summit...

What did you hear?

The main thing I heard was "I'll never take my NSX to a FATT" and the reason was of the people attending. Lots of younger people with nothing to lose and driving wreckless. In 9 years and countless events at the track I've never felt that way and I don't wanna start. I did a 2 day event with Ferrari of Washington in 2007 and 2008 and it was nice being the little guy with some REALLY NICE cars.

The main thing I heard was "I'll never take my NSX to a FATT" and the reason was of the people attending. Lots of younger people with nothing to lose and driving wreckless. In 9 years and countless events at the track I've never felt that way and I don't wanna start. I did a 2 day event with Ferrari of Washington in 2007 and 2008 and it was nice being the little guy with some REALLY NICE cars.

I'm sure it really depends on luck of draw whether it's a good session or bad. However, if it's anything less than satisfactory and I feel the conditions are unsafe in any way, I will address is that day, ask for a refund and leave.

However, I'm going to keep an empty mind and hope that it's a good day and the douchebags aren't there.

Just to follow up on this - I did the FATT event. I was VERY impressed with the organization of the event and the quality of people present. It was a middle-aged responsible crowd, no kids with nothing to loose or wreckless driving.

I would HIGHLY recommend it. Having an instructor with you in the car is an excellent learning experience and the critique and pointers they provide were PERFECT!

Back