• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2015 z06

Sorry but calling a supercharged, Automatic, targa top corvette a Z06 is a disgrace!! Notice they never mentioned weight when launching the new Z!

hmmm I wonder how that supercharged motor will perform under heavy track usage:confused:

Good point for the track rats out there. Even with the IC it will produce way more heat than the previous Z06 engine. I am not sure how many prospective buys will really be able to handle 635 foot lbs of torque on the track...

Sorry but calling a supercharged, Automatic, targa top corvette a Z06 is a disgrace!! Notice they never mentioned weight when launching the new Z!

It is actually a 7 speed manual which is a rarity these days in sports cars. I tip my hat to Dodge and Chevy for still producing row it yourself cars. The new Z is suppose to be 20% stiffer than the outgoing Z even with the targa. It would have been nice for them to offer a hardtop version for the hardcore guys. My guess is they will and it will have a different badge, ZR1 possibly.

You received an excellent price on that car - kudos. I find 2006-2008 z06's with lower miles in the $33-40k range now. I've seen this cycle many times before; once the c7 becomes 'common place' and the c6 is seen as the 'old' corvette, I don't think it'll take more than a couple years for a few desperate sellers to be in the $25k range. I think the average, however, will stay around $30-32.5k. My average timeline to purchase a car once I make my mind up is probably 18 months; not sure if that is good or bad (or sad).

The aero additions complement the C7 quite nicely in my opinion. Quite a Z06.
The smaller SC will hopefully keep the NA feel that I'm sure previous Z06 owners appreciate over the ZR-1 for example.

Here's a short video featuring some of the people involved:

Anyone know what type of SC, a roots I assume like the ZR-1?

Lucas

Last edited:
There goes my resale. :)

That thing is awesome.

Can't wait to see one on the street.

It is actually a 7 speed manual which is a rarity these days in sports cars.

Yes but it has an 8 spd Automatic optional. It sounds more like a ZR1 replacement then a Z06 replacement.

i guess they ran out of options NA to deliver the hp targets.If they would just redesign the motor to make 90 hp/L na it would be enough for the track enthusiast.Could we see more Z28's at the track than new zo6......:eek:

Yes but it has an 8 spd Automatic optional. It sounds more like a ZR1 replacement then a Z06 replacement.

Agreed. :cool:

the sticker ,full retail on the zr1 was more like 118-120k

the sticker ,full retail on the zr1 was more like 118-120k

With 3ZR, (top of the line all options checked) yes.

IMG_3119_zps19c696ee.jpg

Wasn't the C6 Z06 at ~$70k, the C6 ZR1 at ~$100k, and this C7 Z06 at ~$100k... :confused:

Chevy has said that this new ZO6 would be priced about the same as the old one.

-J

According to Chevy the New ZO6 Beat the lap times set by the latest ZR1 on its first time out. Impressive if they can keep the price current with the old ZO6. They even added a targa top while increasing case stiffness and dropping weight by 100lbs.

Chevy has said that this new ZO6 would be priced about the same as the old one.
This was the most recent banter within the past day or so...

"GM has stated that the 2015 Corvette Z06 will be similar in price to the outgoing ZR1 so along with the big difference in performance between the Stingray and the Z06, there is also a huge gap in pricing."

Base C7 Stingray is ~$50k, and ~$70k for fully-spec'd/"loaded" & the outgoing C6 ZR1 was ~$100k (with near-identical specs, performance, etc to the forthcoming C7 "Z06" - perhaps C7 Z07[?]). If GM & Chevy get this upcoming Z06 starting at $70k, it'll change the industry (not just the game). I don't see it happening...

C7 Z06 = ~$100k

C7 "x" = ~$70k (variant akin to GranSport with past Z06 attributes, NA/weight-reduction/track-savvy/etc)

C7 Stingray = ~$50k

Last edited:
This was the most recent banter within the past day or so...

"GM has stated that the 2015 Corvette Z06 will be similar in price to the outgoing ZR1 so along with the big difference in performance between the Stingray and the Z06, there is also a huge gap in pricing."

Base C7 Stingray is ~$50k, and ~$70k for fully-spec'd/"loaded" & the outgoing C6 ZR1 was ~$100k (with near-identical specs, performance, etc to the forthcoming C7 "Z06" - perhaps C7 Z07[?]). If GM & Chevy get this upcoming Z06 starting at $70k, it'll change the industry (not just the game). I don't see it happening...

C7 Z06 = ~$100k

C7 "x" = ~$70k (variant akin to GranSport with past Z06 attributes, NA/weight-reduction/track-savvy/etc)

C7 Stingray = ~$50k

Don't know the source of your info but everything I read says Chevy is trying to keep the price around what the old ZO6 was...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/first-looks/2015-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-z06

Expect to see the new Corvette Z06 hit dealers in early 2015. Pricing has not yet been announced, but Chevrolet says that we can expect an MSRP that’s very close to that of the outgoing model.

http://www.edmunds.com/auto-shows/d...uto-show-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-faq.html

How Much Does It Cost?
No official pricing has been released yet, but Chevy insists pricing will be similar to the last Z06 which started at $76,595. Intuition tells us this car's ZR1-like performance will drive the cost at least a bit higher, however.

I dig it.
I would never buy one new though.
The depreciation on these things is insane.

The car is sexy but just buy one used in a few years, that's the beauty of depreciation on these cars!

Back