• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2016 Ford GT

meanwhile Nissan is preparing for the new GT-R

nissan-cept-2020-vision-gran.jpg

nissan-concept-2020-gran-turismo.jpg

nissan%202020%20111.jpg

Nissan-Concept-2020-Gran-Turismo-rear-at-the-2014-Goodwood-Festival-of-Speed.jpg

Looks like batmobile -light.

I was there for the reveal. As great as pics of this car are, I have yet to see them do it justice. It is full-on stunning in person. That said, I did take a couple pics myself...
I wasn't there for the reveal .. but was there on the first public day. I'm a huge fan of the GT40 and the Ford GT 1.0 but to be honest, my first impression was 'nice kit car'. I think it was partly due to the front end which is pretty much devoid of any features other than around the lights. I think it might also be the color combo .. all the carbon fire aero struck me as something a 12 yr old gamer would design. I much prefer the silver colored one from the Chicago show pix.
Once I saw it in person, it does have a striking side profile and I like the rear end better than 1.0 but still not feeling it. It arguably has great specs and I'm sure the design is good with aero but I'm not warming to the 'outrigger' bat wings that anchor the rear wheels. And I'm actually a guy who likes some of the recent Lambo crazy edge styling over curvy styling (eg. Infinity).
BTW .. Nice pictures!
Flame suit on!

Wow with the Nsx, GT, and GTR, it's apparent that today's flying buttress outrigger batwings may soon become tomorrow's design cliche du jour! 19" wheels, flame surfacing, Audi badge grille, fake fender vents, and soon...outrigger batwings. Who wants to guess whether they'll show up first on a Camry or Sonata, and when?

Every once in a while it all comes together and this car seems to have it all visually.

Keep an open mind on the Ford. What we are all looking at here is a concept vehicle. Not a production model. Will be interesting to see how much of the design will actually make it into production....

The gtr concept, kind of cool. Kind of... From the rear it really looks like a agera r.

Last edited:
Yes, car and driver says the interior is not production. Which leads me to believe what else is.

I hope I hit the lottery too so I can afford one!!! I wouldn't get rid of mine either. Don't think this new engine will take to the mods we all love about the 05-06!!

You guys have your priorities all messed up. If I hit the lottery I'm hiring a raspberry groomer to remove all those annoying little hairs off my raspberries! Any money left over and I'd consider the GT.

Well said!! I think ford knocked it out of the park. We don't know the price yet, but no way I'm getting rid of my GT or NSX for th new ones. If I hit the lottery, I'd like the new GT as an addition to what I have!

Last edited:
You guys have your priorities all messed up. If I hit the lottery I'm hiring a raspberry groomer to remove all those annoying little hairs off my raspberries! Any money left over and I'd consider the GT.

Just be careful that they don't remove your "rasberries"!!!

I like most everything about it.... but for whatever it will be going for.... not really sure if I want to pay for a 6 banger powered car in that price range (one named after it's run of the mill Ford V-6). Especially if it's not a Porsche.

I agree. That is the elephant in the room. I get that you can make good hp with 6 or even 4 cylinders, but why?
Why not do the same displacement, but with 8 or even 12 cylinders. It would make it sound so much better and it would have better appeal.

I agree. That is the elephant in the room. I get that you can make good hp with 6 or even 4 cylinders, but why?
Why not do the same displacement, but with 8 or even 12 cylinders. It would make it sound so much better and it would have better appeal.

With modern tech u can make great power with even 4 bangers, but part of the allure of an exotic is the exhaust sound. And that is where V8 and above will sound better.

funny thing about exotics and 6 cylinders .....all the pundits had a problem with the xjr 220...

My understanding is that it is targeted at a Le Mans class...so there were rules to follow.

Aside from looking sexier than the NSX 2.0 I just don't see any reason why the FGT would be a better car.

FGT has a purported 50HP more - nothing that the SH-AWD or a boost controller in the NSX 2.0 can't handle.

Then again perhaps Acura will say.... well why not, let's give the NSX 2.0 600HP and be done with it.

Back