• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2016 Ford GT

My understanding is that it is targeted at a Le Mans class...so there were rules to follow.

What Tom said is correct. Got to follow the rules in order to compete in the class. Plans are to hand Ferrari a beating to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the first beating at LeMans, after Enzo refused to sell the company to Ford!!!

Aside from looking sexier than the NSX 2.0 I just don't see any reason why the FGT would be a better car.
FGT has a purported 50HP more - nothing that the SH-AWD or a boost controller in the NSX 2.0 can't handle.
Then again perhaps Acura will say.... well why not, let's give the NSX 2.0 600HP and be done with it.

Depends on the definition of 'better'. It looks more exotic, but it will be a question mark as to whether it's faster, and I doubt the FGT will be more reliable. Hopefully the NSX 2.0 will be able to do 400,000 miles without major issues like the first ones and be able to be a good daily driver.
The FGT looks like it would be a difficult daily, although I would try it if I had one.

I wonder what will happen the the 2005 GT prices when the new FGT comes out. I wouldn't mind one of those.

Last edited:
I wonder what will happen the the 2005 GT prices when the new FGT comes out. I wouldn't mind one of those.
I'm not sure they are related (except that it will bring new awareness to the 2005/2006 model).
I was immediately drawn to the 05/06...probably because the design was imbedded in my brain when I was 8 years old.
I was not so (instantaneously) drawn to the 2016 version...but now that I have seen it in person...its "goal worthy"!

I'm not sure they are related (except that it will bring new awareness to the 2005/2006 model).

It will be interesting. I think you're right though. If anything, I bet the price on them goes up. In some respects the 2005 seems better. I've seem people push the 2005 engine over 1,000hp and take the GT way over 200mph. I wish they would drop under $70,000, but I doubt that will happen.

It will be interesting. I think you're right though. If anything, I bet the price on them goes up. In some respects the 2005 seems better. I've seem people push the 2005 engine over 1,000hp and take the GT way over 200mph. I wish they would drop under $70,000, but I doubt that will happen.
Well done salvage is regularly pulling $200,000..............so for under $70K, look for unrepaired salvage with high miles

At $70k I'd buy 3: a Heritage, a yellow, and a blue/white stripes

Back