• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2016 NSX to cost same as r8?

If the main consideration in getting a fun car is how much attention it gets at cars and coffee, you really need to get a life.

totally agree.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm afraid the V2 is going to be a lot of form over function and not as much of a thoroughbred performing drivers car as the original. It's already behind the times of hybrid cars following the P1, 918, LaFerrari, and the i8 beat the V2 to the punch in terms of an affordable hybrid performance car. We shall see...

Don't agree with this at all. None of the above cars have 3 motors allowing for torque vectoring which is what's going to make this car special. The I8 while impressive doesn't have the total bhp to really mix it with the other performance hybrids, or with the NSX for that matter - that's assuming it has over 500bhp.

Don't agree with this at all. None of the above cars have 3 motors allowing for torque vectoring which is what's going to make this car special. The I8 while impressive doesn't have the total bhp to really mix it with the other performance hybrids, or with the NSX for that matter - that's assuming it has over 500bhp.
The 918 already has a torque vectoring system, even with just 1 electric motor per axle. Heck even the Cayman has an optional torque vectoring system. IIRC the NSX V2 is aiming at the R8/458/650S, not the 918, LaFerrari, or P1 in terms of performance. I'd actually be surprised if it did deliver 458 performance.

Many track & canyon carvers associate the existing NSX w/ rice burners.

The 918 already has a torque vectoring system, even with just 1 electric motor per axle. Heck even the Cayman has an optional torque vectoring system. IIRC the NSX V2 is aiming at the R8/458/650S, not the 918, LaFerrari, or P1 in terms of performance. I'd actually be surprised if it did deliver 458 performance.

Torque vectoring via braking doesn't count. Individual wheel control of the front axle with instant response to produce positive or negative torque is a HUGE leap forward.

Sure the 918 has torque vectoring to some degree, but this small additional feature has potential for significant improvements in handling.

I don't think the NSX is aimed at the P1/918 performance, but performance is measured in more than just straight line speed due to outright power. I'd be impressed too if it can match the 458 for straight line performance, but then the GTR does with similar power as is being touted for the NSX, but with a lot more weight to boot.

The key thing is the handling/grip could certainly be on a par with the 458, so why shouldn't it compete with the 918 etc using that metric? There's no revolution to the handling capability of the hybrid hypercars (P1/650s active linked roll bars aside), but there is a revolution in the NSX drivetrain.

Torque vectoring via braking doesn't count. Individual wheel control of the front axle with instant response to produce positive or negative torque is a HUGE leap forward.

Sure the 918 has torque vectoring to some degree, but this small additional feature has potential for significant improvements in handling.

I don't think the NSX is aimed at the P1/918 performance, but performance is measured in more than just straight line speed due to outright power. I'd be impressed too if it can match the 458 for straight line performance, but then the GTR does with similar power as is being touted for the NSX, but with a lot more weight to boot.

The key thing is the handling/grip could certainly be on a par with the 458, so why shouldn't it compete with the 918 etc using that metric? There's no revolution to the handling capability of the hybrid hypercars (P1/650s active linked roll bars aside), but there is a revolution in the NSX drivetrain.
Without knowing more about the torque vectoring of the 918's E-diff, programming, or torque vectoring, you can't really say the NSX's duel motors is any better/worse/or revolutionary.

The 918/P1/LaFerrari are all in a different world from the 650/458/R8/GTR in terms of straight line speed, handling, and overall development. Again, I would be pleasantly surprised if the NSX V2 made it to the level of the latter, but I cannot see it even getting close to the super-hyper-hybrid car category of the former.

If the main consideration in getting a fun car is how much attention it gets at cars and coffee, you really need to get a life.

I believe Hothonda's point was in reference to previous statements that the R8 and/or Porsches were not considered Exotics. not that the reason he buys a specific model sportscar is so he can get the most attention at these events. I would very much consider the R8 an exotic. I was grabbing some lunch with an absolute non-car girl yesterday and she literally stopped in her tracks and muttered some kind of gibberish as a V10 R8 slowly cruised past in the car park. based on that, and the performance of the R8, not to mention the exclusivity of the car, I would safely say you could consider it an exotic.

Porsches I have never really considered exotics personally, due to the fact that there are so many of the base models floating around. to be honest, I never liked them at all until I drove the latest Turbo S 911, boy did that car change my mind. you want to talk about mind blowing performance?! it absolutely deserves all the praise heaped on it. many people on this Forum have GTR's, and many people really love them and consider them exotics. but in mine and many other's opinions the 911T is simply so much better of a car in every way. and even the little Cayman R, what a magnificent car. simply amazing little machine. certain model Porsches, I would say are exotics. the Carrera GT, yes. a base 911 Carrera, no.

my '02 Imola orange NSX got a bit of attention at a Cars and Coffee meet two weekends back, but not nearly as much as my mate's Ferrari 355 parked next to it, and certainly not as much as the two new 911 GT3's in attendance.

I think stuntman's point is that the NSX was supposed to be the first hybrid supercar, of which it is obviously not. N Spec also stated earlier in this thread that the Japanese are waking up. on the bike side of things both Yamaha and Honda are releasing road going versions of their MotoGP machines (although the Yamaha looks exactly like a regular streetbike with an extra letter in the name, quite sad really).

Yamaha R1M: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/Nov/14101103aa.htm

Honda RCV 213: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/14archive/streetrc213/1.htm

but again, Ducati made theirs 7 years ago.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2008-ducati-desmosedici-rr-first-drive-review

so again it would appear the Japanese are just running a little behind the times these days. they used to be the inventors and innovators, but those times are gone...

Girls may dig the R8 because it is Tony Starks ride..:wink: If Ted is correct the new nsx will have a weight advantage over the R8,among others...

N Spec,

Your kit car analogy falls down in that only one of your kit car makers is an own manufacturer. The others do not design cars, they merely assemble them.

Every component on the R8 has its own Audi part number regardless of whether that part or something similar to it is used somewhere else in the group. Audi do not buy in parts from other car manufacturers. Both your other examples do, the parts are labelled with the name of other makes and models because they remain parts of other vehicles. The creation of the R8 defines a new model from the same own manufacturer.

Your unique perspective makes it impossible for any brand to platform share which has been almost the norm in Vehicle manufacture for over 20 years.

In going to stop there because I don't think you can see this or any point made by anyone else, except to say I sold my R8 because I didn't like it. It wasn't special other than the gearbox, and was outclassed in the areas I appreciate by the gtr despite costing me more money.

Did make a nice noise though.

I made one statement and it got blown up by other people. Many people view the label "kit car" with negative connotations, but not all people do. My OWN personal Frankenstein statement was a metaphor that associated the nature of kit car (like creating a man from un-original or unnatural parts) with my opinion that the R8 IMO is ugly like the monster in the story, but still formidable in function and clout .

Just because VW holds a majority stake in Lamborghini does not mean they resonate the same philosophies as their subsidiaries (even if it's at 90% apparently). Look at what happened with Mazda and Ford.

I was not the one that came up with the idea/link between the R8 and kit car. I did perpetuate it in replies because I can see the argument. I already marked it off as agree to disagree. It's not that big of a deal to me, but don't label the argument as moronic because you owned one when it does actually question the philosophy of car building and labels.

There is a divide between some car enthusiast for whether or not the R8 is a true exotic or not. The question/argument I brought up is the main precipice for that doubt. Again, to bring back on topic and full circle. The first NSX and "next" NSX is and will be more original than the R8. Honda didn't recycle parts from other Honda models. They may have evolved the technology, but that's very different from taking an engine from the Accord and slapping some exhaust and fuel timing changes to call it a different engine. No car on the whole Honda lineup can say my Accord/TL has the same engine or share body panels with the upper-tier NSX. That is the idea of exclusive and exotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Girls may dig the R8 because it is Tony Starks ride..:wink: If Ted is correct the new nsx will have a weight advantage over the R8,among others...

I think girls dig the R8 because they think it resembles a buffed out TT or Beetle :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Consider the 918 costs and practicality that is associated with those costs too.

- - - Updated - - -

Many track & canyon carvers associate the existing NSX w/ rice burners.

There are all sorts of people with money that's for sure. Just because you own a Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, etc. does not automatically give you "class."

- - - Updated - - -

I believe Hothonda's point was in reference to previous statements that the R8 and/or Porsches were not considered Exotics. not that the reason he buys a specific model sportscar is so he can get the most attention at these events. I would very much consider the R8 an exotic. I was grabbing some lunch with an absolute non-car girl yesterday and she literally stopped in her tracks and muttered some kind of gibberish as a V10 R8 slowly cruised past in the car park. based on that, and the performance of the R8, not to mention the exclusivity of the car, I would safely say you could consider it an exotic.

Porsches I have never really considered exotics personally, due to the fact that there are so many of the base models floating around. to be honest, I never liked them at all until I drove the latest Turbo S 911, boy did that car change my mind. you want to talk about mind blowing performance?! it absolutely deserves all the praise heaped on it. many people on this Forum have GTR's, and many people really love them and consider them exotics. but in mine and many other's opinions the 911T is simply so much better of a car in every way. and even the little Cayman R, what a magnificent car. simply amazing little machine. certain model Porsches, I would say are exotics. the Carrera GT, yes. a base 911 Carrera, no.

my '02 Imola orange NSX got a bit of attention at a Cars and Coffee meet two weekends back, but not nearly as much as my mate's Ferrari 355 parked next to it, and certainly not as much as the two new 911 GT3's in attendance.

I think stuntman's point is that the NSX was supposed to be the first hybrid supercar, of which it is obviously not. N Spec also stated earlier in this thread that the Japanese are waking up. on the bike side of things both Yamaha and Honda are releasing road going versions of their MotoGP machines (although the Yamaha looks exactly like a regular streetbike with an extra letter in the name, quite sad really).

Yamaha R1M: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/Nov/14101103aa.htm

Honda RCV 213: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/14archive/streetrc213/1.htm

but again, Ducati made theirs 7 years ago.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2008-ducati-desmosedici-rr-first-drive-review

so again it would appear the Japanese are just running a little behind the times these days. they used to be the inventors and innovators, but those times are gone...

Fastaussie - I think girls or the general public see badges before models or finer details. It's branding and no one views Acura or Honda as exotic or even upper luxury. If you showed up with a Range Rover, you would impress more girls than with the NSX haha. They certainly love SUVs too.

When I attend these Saturday get togethers (3 times last season) all held in Microsoft's backyard - Redmond, seldom is $$$ ever
the subject. It's all about the cars, whether Lambo or Yenko. Everyone already knows what the cars cost.

Some brands are certainly more desirable. Most existing NSX's I see now have been modified beyond good taste (my opinion).

Acura has a big hole to dig out of. When I mention that the new car is coming it's "oh yes, I heard they were
doing one" end of conversation - like tell someone who cares. Hey the new face lifted ILX is coming rah rah.

The upcoming R8, GT3RS, baby McClaren, MB GT, Z07, ACR Viper, F Type R, etc etc are cars in the automotive news every day
creating excitement. NSX is way down the list. The NSX was always a difficult sell for dealers. 10K in the trunk & they still could hardly sell
them - as good as a car as it was.

The dealers may have waiting lists now, but when those cars are delivered & since the rumor is
no inventory - order only, doubtful this car is going to make dent with the buyers who can actually
afford the cars. Too many other quality choices.

BTW, I purchased a 991 because it was the best car I could justify spending that kind of $ on at the time
& I'd do it again.

When I attend these Saturday get togethers (3 times last season) all held in Microsoft's backyard - Redmond, seldom is $$$ ever
the subject. It's all about the cars, whether Lambo or Yenko. Everyone already knows what the cars cost.

Some brands are certainly more desirable. Most existing NSX's I see now have been modified beyond good taste (my opinion).

Acura has a big hole to dig out of. When I mention that the new car is coming it's "oh yes, I heard they were
doing one" end of conversation - like tell someone who cares. Hey the new face lifted ILX is coming rah rah.

The upcoming R8, GT3RS, baby McClaren, MB GT, Z07, ACR Viper, F Type R, etc etc are cars in the automotive news every day
creating excitement. NSX is way down the list. The NSX was always a difficult sell for dealers. 10K in the trunk & they still could hardly sell
them - as good as a car as it was.

The dealers may have waiting lists now, but when those cars are delivered & since the rumor is
no inventory - order only, doubtful this car is going to make dent with the buyers who can actually
afford the cars. Too many other quality choices.

BTW, I purchased a 991 because it was the best car I could justify spending that kind of $ on at the time
& I'd do it again.

I agree with you on Acura's brand image. The same can be said about Nissan and any Japanese brand though. The GTR is exotic by many rights and endeavors, but it's still just a Nissan in most people's eyes. Lexus has come closest to rising to super upper-tier branding, but I'm not liking anything Lexus offers personally, especially in lacking a mid-engine platform or 2 door vehicles in general. Maybe Acura can re-brand themselves with the advent of the new NSX and line change up. We shall see.

However like you, I want to buy a car based on "why I like it." I could care less what the media, or people think of my purchase or what I should have bought. Sure if they like it and it gets attention, that's a nice perk. However, I have personal standards and expectations that I want met. I know what I like.

The Nissan mid4! I'm impressed! That's was an awesome car that never made it.

I admit to not liking the gtr image here in the uk. The older ones now are falling into the hands of people I prefer not to be associated with. I am a snob, I have no issue admitting that.

I can't see any Japanese brand truly repositioning itself. That said I wouldn't have a 911 despite the 991 being excellent, simply because there are so many on the road that familiarity breeds contempt for me.

I am addicted to tuning cars, which is why the gtr was ideal for me. I don't think I'd have the guts to do that to proper exotica because of the effect out would have on its value. I think the NSX is therefore the ideal successor for the gtr for me because of its tuning potential, while but being silly money. Also Japanese cars have always been better targets for modifying. I'd almost consider a new model r8 but only if it had forced induction which isn't going to happen, plus it won't have the driveway foundationthat the NSX has. Soooo much tuning potential there. I'm also hoping because if it's price tag it will be out of the reach of the typical gtr owner for a while at least.

Last edited:
The Nissan mid4! I'm impressed! That's was an awesome car that never made it.

I admit to not liking the gtr image here in the uk. The older ones now are falling into the hands of people I prefer not to be associated with. I am a snob, I have no issue admitting that.

I can't see any Japanese brand truly repositioning itself. That said I wouldn't have a 911 despite the 991 being excellent, simply because there are so many on the road that familiarity breeds contempt for me.

I am addicted to tuning cars, which is why the gtr was ideal for me. I don't think I'd have the guts to do that to proper exotica because of the effect out would have on its value. I think the NSX is therefore the ideal successor for the gtr for me because of its tuning potential, while but being silly money. Also Japanese cars have always been better targets for modifying. I'd almost consider a new model r8 but only if it had forced induction which isn't going to happen, plus it won't have the driveway foundationthat the NSX has. Soooo much tuning potential there. I'm also hoping because if it's price tag it will be out of the reach of the typical gtr owner for a while at least.

http://jalopnik.com/the-nissan-nsx-fighter-that-never-was-1464493134

Yes, I've had an appreciation for that car long before I owned the NSX. As soon I drove my first NSX, it made sense instantly that the MID4 does exist and it was made by Honda. Twin turbo AWD V6. Sounds familiar eh?

I think you offer a unique/fresher perspective here in the is forum Adamantium because I remember reading your post if I'm not mistaken about you never owning a first gen NSX. So you represent widely the target market that Acura/Honda is trying to capture. Most people on here are interested because they were touched by the first gen and have their own set of expectations; whether it be a yearn for a *poorman's Ferrari (V8 talk) or true Die Hard Honda enthusiasts that want the all motor NSX-R reincarnated.

Hopefully, Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, Ford, perhaps even Subura (very doubtful), and KIA/Hyundai will be motivated to make their own modern midship competitors. Fastaussie seems to believe I am a die-Hard Honda fan, but I have no allegiance really. Whoever makes the best product that suits my likings/needs will get the praise. The NSX was the car that made me pay more attention to Honda and I will admit Honda has better build quality than Nissan, but that's just one or two extra perks in the overall big picture.

You are correct, never had an nsx, have always liked them and appreciated how great they are considered but never wanted to own one. I've always had an opinion that bmw and Honda make the best engines the works so I do have an appreciation for their engineering excellence. I did question that after buying an s2000 only to suffer an engine failure that took the trips to the dealership to diagnose. Cracked block that they'd never seen before!

I have no particular brand loyalty, I've had two subaru imprezas, five Mitsubishi evos, four Nissan gtrs mostly because of the combination of performance and reliability at an affordable cost. All these were modified for fun. As mentioned also had German cars, though never a 911, with the exception of an Slk and a few cheaper audis, none of these were modded, just because the German marques make it more difficult and expensive to do it properly.

I've never been against the idea of buying a Ferrari or McLaren, but tying that much money in a car makes me uncomfortable as I become aware that the money being unavailable for investment means the car is costing me much more than just its depreciation.

I have considered making an expression for cars that I'm sure will increase in value like the 918 or the p1, but in order for that to happen, I couldn't drive it much and once again, while it would hold value, buying a house where I live would double in value much sooner and bring in rental income rather than suffer maintenance costs.

The NSX will therefore end up being the most exotic expensive car I've owned, so I do have high expectations of Honda. Barring Lexus I think Honda has the highest quality standards of all the japanese brands.

I did not see Hothonda ever saying his main consideration was getting attention at C&C. He was just saying that the new NSX is not as inspiring as the groundbreaking original. Mind you that Hothonda has owned 5 NSXs, all bought BRAND NEW. How about that for a great true fan of the NSX? Yes, he got a life, a very productive and rewarding one.
Steve

You are correct, never had an nsx, have always liked them and appreciated how great they are considered but never wanted to own one. I've always had an opinion that bmw and Honda make the best engines the works so I do have an appreciation for their engineering excellence. I did question that after buying an s2000 only to suffer an engine failure that took the trips to the dealership to diagnose. Cracked block that they'd never seen before!

I have no particular brand loyalty, I've had two subaru imprezas, five Mitsubishi evos, four Nissan gtrs mostly because of the combination of performance and reliability at an affordable cost. All these were modified for fun. As mentioned also had German cars, though never a 911, with the exception of an Slk and a few cheaper audis, none of these were modded, just because the German marques make it more difficult and expensive to do it properly.

I've never been against the idea of buying a Ferrari or McLaren, but tying that much money in a car makes me uncomfortable as I become aware that the money being unavailable for investment means the car is costing me much more than just its depreciation.

I have considered making an expression for cars that I'm sure will increase in value like the 918 or the p1, but in order for that to happen, I couldn't drive it much and once again, while it would hold value, buying a house where I live would double in value much sooner and bring in rental income rather than suffer maintenance costs.

The NSX will therefore end up being the most exotic expensive car I've owned, so I do have high expectations of Honda. Barring Lexus I think Honda has the highest quality standards of all the japanese brands.

Honda and BMW are very similar in engine building IMO also.

I respect your dilemma with investments and depreciation. It's like a paradox trying to invest in a sports car which is almost purely emotional, so it's an interesting balance or struggle between the two. It's part of the reason why I would probably never buy brand new as a personal choice as I don't like paying for too much depreciation.

I would have to disagree, I think Audi and Mercedes will sell as many electric models of the R8 and SLS as they can produce. I could be wrong, so we'll see. but I'd have no problem buying a fully electric R8 (in 2016 - the last intended release date). however my statement was about forward thinking, so it would appear that the Germans are a bit further ahead in that regard. getting rid of fossil fuels completely is obviously the end goal, so going fully electric is the grand prize. theoretically hybrids are the stopgap along the way.

A car powered solely by lithium ion batteries is definitely not the future. The energy density of li-ion batteries is vastly inferior to fossil fuels, nor is there is enough lithium available in the world to meet demand of such cars becoming mainstream, nor are there any theoretical plans for recharging infrastructure that would be practical. Unless a literally breakthrough battery technology appears soon, there will be no electric car revolution in our lifetime outside of the artificial demand created by government decree-- e.g. European mandates such as no emissions producing cars in the city centers.

And an electric car does not typically get rid of fossil fuels completely. In most places a significant portion of the electricity is generated using fossil fuels. One non-biased estimate I found claimed that in WA state the electric car would ultimately produce about 50% less pollution, but in NY state it would ultimately produce more pollution.

The other issue is that electric cars tend to handle poorly due to the excessive weight created by the poor energy density of li-ion batteries. See Top Gear's comments about the Tesla roadster relative to the petrol Elise. Also watch the videos of the Tesla Model S at Nurburgring relative to similar sized BMW sedans. However the German car ethos is already oriented towards building absurdly heavy cars, so perhaps the weight point is moot.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a divide between some car enthusiast for whether or not the R8 is a true exotic or not. The question/argument I brought up is the main precipice for that doubt. Again, to bring back on topic and full circle. The first NSX and "next" NSX is and will be more original than the R8. Honda didn't recycle parts from other Honda models. They may have evolved the technology, but that's very different from taking an engine from the Accord and slapping some exhaust and fuel timing changes to call it a different engine. No car on the whole Honda lineup can say my Accord/TL has the same engine or share body panels with the upper-tier NSX. That is the idea of exclusive and exotic.

It's shocking how much of the R8's interior has been borrowed directly from the Audi TT. Here's a partial list I got from the guys at r8talk.com....

Seats
Climate control
Multimedia interface
Steering wheel
Steering column stalks
Mirror
Gauge cluster center screen

The base interior in the R8 is not commensurate with its price. Yet most used R8's I've seen for sale appear to have only the base interior (i.e. they don't have extended leather package, quilted seats, etc). This base interior doesn't look any more special than an Audi A4 sedan! The original NSX never suffered from this shared parts syndrome and from looking at the pictures it's unlikely the new NSX will either.

Also those exposed cup holders in the R8 look cheap and low end-- like something you'd find in a Golf!

30.jpg

It shares the same dome light as the Aventador as well.....lol. What you are missing is that everything is "options" when you deal with these cars. Porsche, McLaren, Ferrari all the same practice. I have the original window sticker with my R8....there was an additional almost $20k in options. My buddies 458 has $100k of carbon options. And as crappy a cup holder the R8 has in your opinion......at least it has one at all unlike another car in my garage.

I've bought several cars from waiting lists brand new and made profits after a year.

Touche, there are exceptions with limited release vehicles that will sell for a nice premium in the used market when supply is low and manufacturer stringent against mark-up for the first few years of a particular model. My biggest concern would be the rush to sell the car if I actually liked it, but business is business at the end of the day.

It's shocking how much of the R8's interior has been borrowed directly from the Audi TT. Here's a partial list I got from the guys at r8talk.com....

Seats
Climate control
Multimedia interface
Steering wheel
Steering column stalks
Mirror
Gauge cluster center screen

The base interior in the R8 is not commensurate with its price. Yet most used R8's I've seen for sale appear to have only the base interior (i.e. they don't have extended leather package, quilted seats, etc). This base interior doesn't look any more special than an Audi A4 sedan! The original NSX never suffered from this shared parts syndrome and from looking at the pictures it's unlikely the new NSX will either.

Also those exposed cup holders in the R8 look cheap and low end-- like something you'd find in a Golf!

30.jpg

I think it also comes back to the situation where I was talking to Adamantium about the idea of monotone sculptured art in lieu of the mask from ultra expensive materials used. Take all of that away and many car interior designs are not very articulated. The new NSX's interior is much more passionate (in sculpture form) than the current R8 and probably the new R8 too because Germans simply are too elemental and clinical with design IMO, hence the circular/domed Beetle, TT, and of course R8. A circle is powerful and beautiful in its simplistic form, but it's really not that attractive among mobile, anatomical creatures such as ourselves.

Also, if one chose a sports car based on the cupholder, then it's not a sports car :rolleyes:, but a Grand Tourer or Saloon. Cupholders are the largest areas of collected mess ever and I personally like to minimize the chance for mess in my beloved vehicles. It takes me usually 60 seconds to clean the interior of most sports cars with no cup holders. Bring a topped/capped beverage if you plan on sipping while driving "spiritedly." I think BMW came the closest with the front mounted, slide out cup holder design for novelty and more discrete/clean design, but I've seen plenty break in low mileage pre-owned examples. Perhaps because the passenger was playing with it more than actually using it.

I've bought several cars from waiting lists brand new and made profits after a year.

Did you make a profit by selling your position on the wait list or make a profit after driving the car for a year?
And if you wouldn't mind sharing the info which cars were you able to make a profit on?

Last edited:
The only cars I've bought and driven and sold for a profit have been gtrs. Mostly because the increasing price of the new car has bolstered second hand values and I was I the right place at the right time.

My comment was in relation to waiting list cars. I've made money on 911 gt3s and also the Aston Martin AMV8 when it first came out. I took delivery of neither.

The only cars I've bought and driven and sold for a profit have been gtrs. Mostly because the increasing price of the new car has bolstered second hand values and I was I the right place at the right time.

My comment was in relation to waiting list cars. I've made money on 911 gt3s and also the Aston Martin AMV8 when it first came out. I took delivery of neither.

BTW: Might also want to point out that you are based out of the UK, the high end car market is a bit different between the UK and the US.

I wouldn't know but I'll take your word for it. I want advising others, just responding to what I was asked.

Forgot to point out that I put $8k down on the NSX, initially for the same opportunity to make some profit selling my place in the queue. Once I saw the tech, especially the twin turbos which gives massive modding potential, I decided without question to keep it.

Back