• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 s2000???

In the article they also mention the New 3rd Gen NSX at a price of 160,000 yikes it jump in price from 89-90K we were thinking

- - - Updated - - -

1st Gen = 3.0L popup lights
2nd Gen = 3.2L popup/fixed lights
3rd Gen = new NSX

Last edited:
In the article they also mention the New 3rd Gen NSX at a price of 160,000 yikes it jump in price from 89-90K we were thinking

Technically, if you take the 1997 NA2 NSX price, add 3% inflation/year, you end up right at $150,000-$160,000
$150,000 is, in todays dollars, what our cars cost....

Last edited:
An S2000h?? I know that Honda has some amazing technology with regard to torque vectoring with the electric motors but it would be nice if they would adhere to the KISS principle and release two versions. I bet the non hybrid would sell much better.

I guess it really depends on whether the public rejects hybridization as the "new" normal powertrain. If people don't buy it, it will stop getting made.

- - - Updated - - -

1st Gen = 3.0L popup lights
2nd Gen = 3.2L popup/fixed lights
3rd Gen = new NSX

+1 The price just keeps going up and up. I swear when its all said and done it will be a 200,000 dollar car. Its getting out of hand now.

the only thing that seems slightly off is the price....if it came in around 45-50k I think it'd be pretty reasonable. The S2k tends to get compared a lot to the miata due to the similar layout, but I remember when it was originally launched, it was always being tested against (and outperforming) the first gen boxster. Of course, the 986 gen boxster came out a few years later as a much better car...but a $32k car in the s2k compared favorably to a car costing about 15k more.

If the goal is to again try to compete with the likes of the 981 boxster which has definitely crept up in price, I can see the s2k adjusting accordingly.

IMO, they should offer 2 S2000's.
One at $30,000 with 300hp and competes with the BRZ/370Z
And one at $35,000 with 350hp that competes with the Mustang/Camaro

Back