• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

255lph intank pump group buy from High Flow Fuel Systems

i recieved this email reply back about his product

"The 255lph intank pump was pioneered by Walbro in the early 90s, which is why any time a question about high-volume intank fuel pumps is brought up, Walbro is the go-to manufacturer. A lot of that has to do with the fact that they have tailored specific installation kits to fit just about every performance vehicle on the road, making them a very simple solution for high volume fuel delivery with a simple installation. But, that is not to say it is they are necessarily the best. Their longevity has been questioned recently, as some users report failures, etc, but with the sheer amount of fuel pumps sold and the ability of the internet to spread negative feedback about a particular product very quickly, I still say that Walbro is an excellent product (ie. we carry their pumps).

Our High Flow proprietary brand is a great pump too. They are dimensionally identical to a Walbro, and flow very similarly, but are significantly quieter (about the same as a new original pump would sound like). Walbro pumps also do not carry any sort of warranty, whereas our pumps have a one year replacement warranty.

The bottom line is we would not have been able to sell our pumps for years unless they were of impeccable quality. The NSX installation is very straightforward, and this pump installation kit makes everything a direct swap. I would be happy to extend discounts for group buys, and please let me know if I can help with any other questions."

here is the breakdown of the group buy per pump
1 buyer ---- $73.98
5 buyers --- $68.98
10 buyers -- $63.98

please add your name to the list if interested. hopefully 4 more add on the list since i am in as well.

1-makav3li
2-
3-
5-

Just too confusing man.
Are you selling them?
Is someone else selling them.
Why would anyone buy one that doesn't have any info or they could at least see a picture and feel assured.
Its so much work to change one out so a person would want to feel good about the purchase.
Just wondering.
My friend and I have the Walbro and running on line voltage is not loud, now use a voltage doubler system and it gets noisy. So it depends I guess on what people are doing and comparing.
Just a few constructive comments for you and your group buy and customers.
Trev

Thanks for the input trev, no I am not selling them. I saw it online and emailed the seller and I am awaiting for the product. I am in no way associated with them nor am I making a profit off any sale. If you read my past in the vendor section, I just like buying deals. I hate paying retail on any product.

http://stores.ebay.com/High-Flow-Fuel-Systems

This may clear things up as to who is selling the pumps.

Here's the contact info:

Christian
High Flow Fuel Systems
M-F 9am-6pm PST
818-574-FUEL

I purchased a Walbro pump from them for my Syclone about 2-3 months ago. The pump ended up dying after 1 day of operation. I used a different pump for the 2nd fuel pump install. Christian did accept the return and provided a 100% refund (on shipping as well). My experience dealing with him was good but I still had to pay to have a pump installed twice.

http://stores.ebay.com/High-Flow-Fuel-Systems

This may clear things up as to who is selling the pumps.

Here's the contact info:

Christian
High Flow Fuel Systems
M-F 9am-6pm PST
818-574-FUEL

I purchased a Walbro pump from them for my Syclone about 2-3 months ago. The pump ended up dying after 1 day of operation. I used a different pump for the 2nd fuel pump install. Christian did accept the return and provided a 100% refund (on shipping as well). My experience dealing with him was good but I still had to pay to have a pump installed twice.

thanks for the contact information, i only had the email address

ughh.. Chrisitan sounds like a nice guy, but having a broken or poorly functioning fuel pump on a FI'd NSX sounds like a very bad idea.

I don't fully trust the loud-ass Walbro that's in my car right now... no way I'm trusting EBAYER without a real history.

Loud? Are you running the boost-a-pump? Maybe that's the problem.
Trev

Loud? Are you running the boost-a-pump? Maybe that's the problem.
Trev

I think so, it was the super duper Walbro pump the installer put in (before I got the car..)

I'm sure the Walbro is good... but I prefer to put Japanese parts on Japanese cars.. Are there any Japanese manufacturers that make them?

What I am getting at sir, but probably not the place, is the fact, hopefully, that your pump does not need to be pushed to the limit at 20 some volts and if you take out the doubler or booster, your run at line voltage and have enough fuel pressure and a quieter pump. Da duh dumpt.
Maybe check with John Zahn or someone of know how.
Me and Ed are running Sos Walbro and he had the boostie thingy and it was loud, then i told him to take it down to line volt and its nice now, like mine and he is pushing 10.5" on an old whipple. Enough fuel there for sure.
Just talking, thats all.
p.s. We do have sos fuel pressure gauges on our fuel filters as well.
Should get one on the dash soon next to my wideband.
Trev

I think so, it was the super duper Walbro pump the installer put in (before I got the car..)

I'm sure the Walbro is good... but I prefer to put Japanese parts on Japanese cars.. Are there any Japanese manufacturers that make them?

The best Japanese fuel pump to use is what is used on a Z32 300ZX Twin Turbo. They flow enough for about 700-800rwhp.

Note the Christian also sells original Walbro pumps at a decent price as well (I purchased an original Walbro pump from him).

What I am getting at sir, but probably not the place, is the fact, hopefully, that your pump does not need to be pushed to the limit at 20 some volts and if you take out the doubler or booster, your run at line voltage and have enough fuel pressure and a quieter pump. Da duh dumpt.
Maybe check with John Zahn or someone of know how.
Me and Ed are running Sos Walbro and he had the boostie thingy and it was loud, then i told him to take it down to line volt and its nice now, like mine and he is pushing 10.5" on an old whipple. Enough fuel there for sure.
Just talking, thats all.
p.s. We do have sos fuel pressure gauges on our fuel filters as well.
Should get one on the dash soon next to my wideband.
Trev

hmm..thanks for that. I'm not sure.. it was done by Autowave. I haev a Defi Fuel Pressure Gauge and it's at 4-5 bars or so at startup.
I'll ask Zahn for his thoughts next time I'm at the shop..

Last edited:
Just move your drivers seat up.
Snap out the upper rear panel that goes across the rear just below the window.
Snap out the panel behind your seat and look for a red or blue boost a pump thingy as shown in this picture.
It has an aluminum metal bar about 1" thick running up and down and is the mount bracket.
If its there, then it is probably hooked up.
That would make your pump noisy!
Trev

Attachments

• Boost-a-pump_resize.jpg
    Boost-a-pump_resize.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 38
  • TrevsBoostaPump.JPG
    TrevsBoostaPump.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Just move your drivers seat up.
Snap out the upper rear panel that goes across the rear just below the window.
Snap out the panel behind your seat and look for a red or blue boost a pump thingy as shown in this picture.
It has an aluminum metal bar about 1" thick running up and down and is the mount bracket.
If its there, then it is probably hooked up.
That would make your pump noisy!
Trev

Is it safe to remove it? It's AEM tuned with the setup that's there right now..

I would suggest that this needs to be looked at by one of the set up guys around you.
My initial response would be to see yes its ok but that would be stupid of me to tell you that.
My only assumption is that you have a fixed fuel pressure regulator if you are running an Aem.
Your injectors will always see the psi you have set for your set up.
So if you try to push more fuel like with using your boostapump or without it, your fpr ends up giving you what it is set for anyways.
We know the pump running at stock voltage provides enought fuel for tons of hp so, my assumption is you can go back to stock, but jump out the resistor that is in your engine compartment like we all do.
This will provide your fuel pump with line volt all the time. approx 13.5v
I guess we are hi-jacking this thread, so maybe you can make a post in FI if you want more info for experienced people.
Thanks and sorry to the original poster.
Trev

Back